We need something completly inovative
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    serge
  • »25.03.04 - 09:36
    Yes, it could be nice, but i think that first are more important things as more apps, we have a ot of lack of certain apps that are on other operating systems... And more drivers...

Another nice things could be a reimplementaion of the narrator.device, but now will be a lot of better speech syntesis, and support of various idioms (english, spanish, french, german, chinese, japanese...) supporting various types of female and male voices...This thing could be used for STB-like devices and others...

AI? If is very well used could be awesome, if is used as the #### of m$ office, theen not...
    Another nice thing could be identification of the user by voice.. And making MorphOS completely multiuser could be nice too, but optional, and the user can use it if likes it or desactivate it...

And when integrated japanese support in MorphOS?
  • »25.03.04 - 12:11
    Tcheko
    Quote:

timofonic wrote:
    And when integrated japanese support in MorphOS?

Unicode shall be the rigth path to follow.

Does mos support unicode?
    Quelque soit le chemin que tu prendras dans la vie, sache que tu auras des ampoules aux pieds.
    -------
    I need to practice my Kung Fu.
  • »25.03.04 - 12:20
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    tomjoad
    Quote:

An IA with an human attractive interface like Voice synthe and a nice girl or play-boy 3D "tinyGL" face smilling to you and teaching you a lot of computer things would be funny to.

Reminds me of a certain annoying paper-clip.

For something really innovative, you're probably too late on this, too. AFAIK Apple is working on some kind of voice-explained program interface for MacOS 10.3.4. More or less an input aid for users with disabilities.

Quote:

I know this is a function quickly disable by users and boring a lot of people,

Exactly, so why put efforts in this if most people won't use it anyway?

Quote:

but it's a market argument very impressive for the people.

Doubt this would be a real argument.

Oh well ... sure something innovative would be nice. But it would be nice to have something that's actually usable for people and helps everyone in everyday work. This just isn't. If the MorphOS project had unlimited development resources ... maybe this would make a nice gimmick for some people. But it ain't so.

So for now, I'd suggest just bringing MOS up to the standards of other OSes, maybe with some smart ideas, would be top priority. Speaking of TCP/IP, Unicode, powerful text edit controls with support for international text layout etc.
  • »25.03.04 - 12:30
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    cecilia
    way back around the beginning of december Targhan and I were talking about my making various "tutorials". I was thinking video. Some things don't need a big complicated explaintion, but some things are a bit more involved.

And, not being a programmer i'm not sure how these things would be accessed via Ambiant.

in any case, while I like the idea of "helps", I have to find a way to make it pay as i just can't spend the time it would take to do such things for free. the landlord insists on getting money :-(

i do believe that one of the biggest issues with people using computers is that there are things which are actually simple to do or use but remain hidden because no one is explaining how to use them. and as someone who have written lots of these tutorial type of things, i have some experience in how to make something complex seem less daunting.

if we want to pry people away from windows, we not only need more and betters apps, we need an easy way to introduce the whole system to people who are COMPLETELY computer ignorant.
    "if you ever slam anyone, for anything, somehow you always end up eating shoe" Targhan
  • »25.03.04 - 13:27
    Profile Visit Website