A port of Libre Office ?
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > M$ kept DOCX format quite closed a long time.

No, they didn't. Office Open XML (OOXML) used since Word 2007 is a human-readable XML-based format and thus open by definition. That's why OpenOffice has been supporting it since v3.0 in 2008, and Novell's OpenOffice fork Go-oo has even been supporting it since v2.3 in 2007.

> spreadshit

;-)

> USB Printing support

We have that already.
  • »16.03.17 - 09:13
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > I hope you're not talking about Final Writer.

He's talking about LibreOffice.
  • »16.03.17 - 09:15
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    terminills
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > I hope you're not talking about Final Writer.

He's talking about LibreOffice.

lol I hope so. :D
  • »16.03.17 - 09:28
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

terminills wrote:
    What? I hope you're not talking about Final Writer. The AROS version has always and will always be the first release. As for AOS4 that will happen when it happens and frankly I would expect to see a native MorphOS version first. ;)

The part about a MorphOS version probably being released before (or at the same time as) an OS4 version is nice to read. It is disappointing to sometimes read that any newly created/ported software applications from developers who primarily work on one Amiga variant, or another, don't include versions for all 4 Amiga variants when first released, or soon afterwards. It is even more disappointing to read that some developers don't have any interest in creating versions for all Amiga variants, or worse, actively try to prevent versions for other Amiga variants, though luckily, we rarely see such extreme prejudice from developers.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »17.03.17 - 16:27
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    asrael22
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:
    Quote:

terminills wrote:
    What? I hope you're not talking about Final Writer. The AROS version has always and will always be the first release. As for AOS4 that will happen when it happens and frankly I would expect to see a native MorphOS version first. ;)

The part about a MorphOS version probably being released before (or at the same time as) an OS4 version is nice to read. It is disappointing to sometimes read that any newly created/ported software applications from developers who primarily work on one Amiga variant, or another, don't include versions for all 4 Amiga variants when first released, or soon afterwards. It is even more disappointing to read that some developers don't have any interest in creating versions for all Amiga variants, or worse, actively try to prevent versions for other Amiga variants, though luckily, we rarely see such extreme prejudice from developers.

Yeah.
    Especially because API wise AROS, AmigaOS classic and MorphOS are the closest with almost identical API.
    Only AmigaOS 4 differs which may cause more additional effort for developers.

Manfred
  • »17.03.17 - 16:43
  • ASiegel
    Quote:

Zylesea wrote:
    Quote:

Leo schrieb:
    How about Google Docs? Does it work on morphos? Isn't it enough?

An online office service is not alwysa what you want: online availablility, trustworthyness of the service providers. But beside from that last time I tried the office services from google and MS they pretty much worked quite okay. But for most things I prefer to keep my data under my control. Don't trust them, they're out ta get you ;-)

Well, now there is an offline alternative for MorphOS users as well: Folio
  • »08.08.17 - 09:50
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    r-tea
    And also isn't there Pagestream still available and continued?

[ Edited by r-tea 13.08.2017 - 01:16 ]
    Mac mini G4@1,5GHz silent upgrade + Xerox Phaser 3140 + EPSON Perfection 1240U
    Commodore C64C + 2 x 1541II + Datasette + SD-Box

I miss draggable screens... and do you? I know I'm in a minority unfortunately.
  • »12.08.17 - 23:14
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    Quote:

r-tea wrote:

can it read/write Office files?
  • »13.08.17 - 01:01
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    r-tea
    Quote:

TheMagicM wrote:
    Quote:

r-tea wrote:

can it read/write Office files?

Actually it can't. But one can convert it to a PS file.

@ Andreas_Wolf
    Zylesea asked what has happened to Pagestream. He can buy the latest Pagestream 5 for MorphOS here:
    Pagestream
    Mac mini G4@1,5GHz silent upgrade + Xerox Phaser 3140 + EPSON Perfection 1240U
    Commodore C64C + 2 x 1541II + Datasette + SD-Box

I miss draggable screens... and do you? I know I'm in a minority unfortunately.
  • »13.08.17 - 11:48
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    >>> isn't there Pagestream still [...] continued?

>> http://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?forum=3&topic_id=12084&start=9
    >> (last two sentences)

> Zylesea asked what has happened to Pagestream.

Actually, you asked whether Pagestream is still continued, and I linked to Zylesea's statement that the last that was seen of it was a (seemingly) working and MorphOS-native Pagestream 5 shown in Neuss 2 years ago. No news since then.

> He can buy the latest Pagestream 5 for MorphOS here: [...]

Current Pagestream 5 isn't really usable on MorphOS, according to users who tried and reported here on MorphZone.
  • »13.08.17 - 12:39