Bounties page
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    pampers
    Hi

I think bounties page (http://bounties.morph.zone/) needs a proper fix and clean up. There are links (css, links on the top) with the old domain name.

Also I think content should be cleaned up. Some open bounties will probably never happen, maybe this money could be moved somewhere else?
    MorphOS 3.x
  • »20.02.17 - 17:05
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    ernsteiswuerfel
    Moving a browser bounty (Sputnik) to another browser bounty (Odyssey) would make sense. ^^
    Talos II. [Gentoo Linux] | PMac G5 11,2. PMac G4 3,6. PBook G4 5,8. [MorphOS 3.18 / Gentoo Linux] | Vampire V4 SA [ApolloOS / Amiga OS 3.2.2]
  • »21.02.17 - 08:28
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    pampers
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote:
    Move Sputnik bounty to Odyssey 1.25 bounty ;

Is there Oddysey bounty? I see no description, terms, expected sum or developer assigned.
    MorphOS 3.x
  • »21.02.17 - 08:35
    Profile Visit Website
    connor
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote:
    This is some quick ideas :

Move Sputnik bounty to Odyssey 1.25 bounty ;

This sounds useful because it is unlikely that someone will work on Sputnik in the future. OWB is not perfect but it is better than Sputnik. But the question is if this sum will help Fab to improve OWB the way most people expect it. What I read is that he lacks time and not money in the first place. Before assigning it to him a new goal has to be defined.
    Quote:

Give Spreadsheet Application bounty to Carsten Siegner ;

This does not sound useful to me as this program is very buggy. It often locks up or is unstable, and usage is often quite illogical and long-winded. If it ever becomes stable and tested in some years, then it might make sense to offer him this bouty. But up to now it is not really usable.
  • »21.02.17 - 10:37
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    Quote:

connor wrote:
    But the question is if this sum will help Fab to improve OWB the way most people expect it. What I read is that he lacks time and not money in the first place.

Well, they say time is money... And they're quite right on that.

Quote:

This does not sound useful to me as this program is very buggy. It often locks up or is unstable, and usage is often quite illogical and long-winded. If it ever becomes stable and tested in some years, then it might make sense to offer him this bouty. But up to now it is not really usable.

Maybe if we set a goal that Calimero should be stable and support basic operations flawlessly... Then the bounty would make some sense.
  • »21.02.17 - 11:17
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    deka
    Quote:

connor wrote:
    Quote:

Give Spreadsheet Application bounty to Carsten Siegner ;

I think, the acceptance criteria should be extended to have a stable and logical working editor.
    This could push Carsten to make a bit better work...
  • »21.02.17 - 12:24
    connor
    Quote:

koszer wrote:
    Well, they say time is money... And they're quite right on that.

Who is “they”? Fab and his wife? Or just the general saying? Does this money buy him a nanny for his daughter to have more time coding for MOS? Does he even WANT to exchange money for having time with his daughter? He should be asked first, I think.

Quote:

Maybe if we set a goal that Calimero should be stable and support basic operations flawlessly... Then the bounty would make some sense.

I don’t believe that actually but I would be happy to convinced one day. So far only one single tiny program from Carsten was stable enough for me to be used. All others were too buggy to be used. Which is a pity for all the work that went inside. And all the other programs were much less complex than Calimero.
  • »21.02.17 - 16:27
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    Quote:

Who is “they”? Fab and his wife? Or just the general saying?

No, i didn't mean Fab, that's just a figure of speech.

Quote:

Does he even WANT to exchange money for having time with his daughter? He should be asked first, I think.

Personally I think he deserves a lot more for all those earlier versions of OWB he gave us for free. That said - it would be nice if he could propose some bounty himself.
  • »21.02.17 - 16:57
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

koszer wrote: Maybe if we set a goal that Calimero should be stable and support basic operations flawlessly... Then the bounty would make some sense.

Quote:

connor wrote: I don’t believe that actually but I would be happy to convinced one day. So far only one single tiny program from Carsten was stable enough for me to be used. All others were too buggy to be used. Which is a pity for all the work that went inside. And all the other programs were much less complex than Calimero.

I am of the same opinion about Carsten, and I thought it was only me. :-o

I would need to see a program that everyone agrees is stable, and useable - in realistic terms, as any kind of hybrid text or graphics handling is not going to do any of us MorphOS users, or any potential user, any good seeing something that doesn't do what you'd expect of it.

Spreedy doesn't work properly and that was Carsten's initial 'stab' at a spreadsheet program.

Calimero doesn't even handle text properly, never mind all the trouble explaining to him that his tables in the spreadsheet part of Calimero didn't work properly. Carsten seem to do things his own way, rather than follow more standard methods of doing his programming, from what I can make out. He needs to standardise his program(s) so that it meets any users standard expectations of what a program that is titled wordprocessor or spreadsheet or DTP, and it should be stable, and not require a 'stack' of 2,000,000. :-o

I don't think at this point in time offering money to Carsten is the way to go. If others feel the way, as those above, and also as I do, then I could not justify or feel like offering some 'Bounty' money to Carsten just now. I wish I could but at the moment it would just probably be like throwing money away.
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »21.02.17 - 23:12
  • ASiegel
    Quote:

pampers wrote:

I think bounties page (http://bounties.morph.zone/) needs a proper fix and clean up. There are links (css, links on the top) with the old domain name.

Thanks for pointing this out. It's been cleaned up.
  • »24.02.17 - 09:11
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > It's been cleaned up.

You may want to update the footer ("MorphZone.org") also :-)
  • »24.02.17 - 09:45