pegasos 1
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    zephar123
    Well, I'm planning on buy a peg regardless as the mos looks great. Agrivating thing is this, im wanting a mos so that i can code again. I miss coding on my amiga years ago and I even was given a small budget for it alocated. I saw on the peg webpage that you could by an old peg1 for 150. It was great idea to me as it would get me started and with in 6 months i would have the first program made which would be a c language refresher for the next project which would be bigger. My first idea for a preoject was to get a wordpad on morphos thats native to morphos and has a morphos theme and call it mpad =). I am then goign to hadd features to it like opening word docs etc.
    Anyhow back to my issue at hand If anyone knows if there are any peg1 available anywhere please let me know. I am in the USA and the reseller he is not takign tradeins so that dont help me any :-x

Anyhow thanx in advance to anyone who helps and guys take care. Also any suggestions on coding other simple things that may be more needed then mpad let me know.

Paul T. Silva
  • »12.03.04 - 04:31
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Jupp3
    Quote:

I saw on the peg webpage that you could by an old peg1 for 150.

I think that doesn't include VAT...
    Quote:

If anyone knows if there are any peg1 available anywhere please let me know. I am in the USA and the reseller he is not takign tradeins so that dont help me any

Maybe the best way would be to check, if there's any Pegasos user "geographically" close to you, who will be upgrading to Pegasos 2. You could buy the old Pegasos board.
  • »12.03.04 - 06:34
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    zephar123
    Quote:

Maybe the best way would be to check, if there's any Pegasos user "geographically" close to you, who will be upgrading to Pegasos 2. You could buy the old Pegasos board

Good point basically why im posting this here on the forum. Im in CA in the USA.

FYI
    150 euros would be 180 USA.
    As for vat thats a good point and i dont knwo anythign abotu that =)
  • »12.03.04 - 06:46
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    liquidbit
    oops..
    ..there will be only one left.
  • »12.03.04 - 08:10
  • -D-
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    -D-
    @zephar123

AFAIK, you shouldn't have to pay any foreign VAT if you order overseas,
    at least that's been my experience ordering from the UK and Germany.
  • »12.03.04 - 09:21
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Spidey
    Hello zephar123,

Did you try resellers outside the USA?
    You could try Computer City in the Netherlands.
    Ron's very helpfull, he may have some Peg1 boards left.

Bye,

Spidey

ps: I see his website is totally in Dutch now.
    You can contact him here, nickname Palpatine
  • »12.03.04 - 10:50
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Quote:

zephar123 wrote:
    Well, I'm planning on buy a peg regardless as the mos looks great. Agrivating thing is this, im wanting a mos so that i can code again. I miss coding on my amiga years ago and I even was given a small budget for it alocated. I saw on the peg webpage that you could by an old peg1 for 150. It was great idea to me as it would get me started and with in 6 months i would have the first program made which would be a c language refresher for the next project which would be bigger. My first idea for a preoject was to get a wordpad on morphos thats native to morphos and has a morphos theme and call it mpad =). I am then goign to hadd features to it like opening word docs etc.
    Anyhow back to my issue at hand If anyone knows if there are any peg1 available anywhere please let me know. I am in the USA and the reseller he is not takign tradeins so that dont help me any :-x

Anyhow thanx in advance to anyone who helps and guys take care. Also any suggestions on coding other simple things that may be more needed then mpad let me know.

Paul T. Silva

I would really recommend you to save another month or so, and get a Pegasos II instead. The Peg2 has another Northbridge and is more stable, has more features and works better overall. I have experience from both Peg1 and Peg2, and I think it's worth getting the Peg2 instead.
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »12.03.04 - 13:17