• Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Derringer
    aurora72,
    Quote:

Derringer: How do you display the Video bitrate of a movie in MPlayer? In my installation, the MPlayer shows only the audio bitrate but not the video bitrate. It either shows the video bitrate os 0 or doesn't show it at all. The audio bitrate varies between 192 - 1524kbps among various movies.

Try the command line version from shell. It reveals everything from the video, audio etc.

Quote:

Lastly, I remember overclocking to 1.58GHz was not recommended in the Mac mini G4 Overclocking tutorial, because of the heatsink capacity. But according to what you say, an OC to 1.58GHz looks quite fine and preferable.

The first batch of the minis have smaller heatsink thean the last versions. AFAIK 1.25GHz and most of the 1.33GHz version has a smaller heatsink, while the rest have bigger. My original clock rate was 1.42 GHz. Hadling this heat issue is no problem here, while if i raise volts and clocking higher than 1,8 GHz will surely needs a bigger fan+heatsin which is not applicable inside the mini.
    And i don't think towerized minis has a reason.
    MorphOS PowerBook G4 1,67GHz, 2GB Ram, 250GBHdd, ATI 9700/128MB
    Morphos G5 2,7GHz, 8GB Ram, 500GB Hdd, ATi Passive cooled 9800 PRO/128MB
  • »02.02.13 - 09:57