[E-UAE]: problem to run applications inside UAE from Ambient
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    noob
    Hey Guys,

I am an total MorphOS-Newbie from germany. I started testing it yesterday. So please forgive me my simple questions regarding the usage of e-uae. :D

I will give you an overview of what I did up to now:
    1. installation of MorphOS 3.1 (hardware: Mac Mini G4)
    2. installation of OWB Fonts (replaced "kent" in script with "surfnet)
    3. downloaded e-uae 0.8.29wip4
    3. unpacked and copied to Work:Emulation/
    4. folder renamed to UAE, renamed the EXE to uae
    5. did all the installations and configurations from the morphos.readme in the bonus folder

The direct booting of ADF files does function very well. When I try to start an amigafile using "Run in UAE" the workbench boots up, but then a message says: wbrun failed returncode 20 and the file does not start.

Please help me. Maybe it is something with Arexx. I had to put the rexxsyslib.library from the OS3.9 CD to Mossys:Libs to make it work!?
    Mac mini G4 Silent-Upgrade - MorphOS 3.2 registered
  • »17.10.12 - 19:34
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    noob
    I managed to get it working. My mistake...

wrong:
    Command AMIGADOS run >nil: c:rx mossys:ambient/scripts/uaeexe.rexx %sp

right:
    Command AMIGADOS run >nil: c:rx mossys:ambient/scripts/uaeexe.rexx "%sp"

I forgot the "" or else they where not mentioned in the original readme. Maybe it would be possible to create a newer readme for the e-uae package. For peolpe like me... ;)
    Mac mini G4 Silent-Upgrade - MorphOS 3.2 registered
  • »18.10.12 - 01:21
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    Glad you made it work and found the subtle error. In fact, when that readme was written, it was correct. Ambient was changed much later in the way quotes are handled (originally it was always quoting arguments itself with %sp, so it wasn't needed to add quotes in the command line).

Since you appreciate these scripts, i also have another one regarding ADF support, that will automatically detect disk series (like game (disk 1 of 3).adf, ... game (disk 3 of 3).adf) and will add them to additional floppy drives df1/df2 itself just by doubleclicking the first disk.
  • »18.10.12 - 10:00
    Profile Visit Website