Intuition Skin and MUI Themes Site?
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    Hi there,

I just saw this link on amiga-news.de about a OS4 theme site. While of course tastes differ, I think it's a nice idea.

http://amitheme.amiga-ng.org/themes_1.html

Why don't we have such site for MorphOS which collects the various skins and themes by different people?

Who steps up and does such site?

Someone? It's your chance to do something. I often hear the excuse "I'm not a programmer, not a graphician, not a <insertsomething> and that's why I just consume things others do for me". But doing a small website shouldn't be a big deal really, right?

Don't expect the MorphOS Team doing all the work (they have certainly more important things to do ;-) ) and that's certainly something which could be done by YOU (Yes, you! :-) ).

I'm looking forward to see some lazy MorphOS user asses moving now and start doing something! Do not disappoint me. :-)

regards,
    tokai
  • »24.09.09 - 15:06
    Profile Visit Website
    Develin
    Good idea tokai,

I think we have a lot of ppl. with potential todo so!
  • »25.09.09 - 18:31
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    i've seen that site too and i was impressed.
    a site like this is really missing for morphos!
    and that could be a chance to collect all morphos skins from out there, coz from time to time i see screenshots with skins i've never seen before and one cannot download them (i've got at least 4 screenshots with unkown skins:)

tokai, i really like your new, unorthodox ways to getting attention and keep things going forward!
    DEAD pegII/G4@1000.1gb ram.radeon 9200pro
    240 gigz hd.nec dvdrw.MorphOS 2.4 DEAD
    -=-=-=-
    amiga1200T.blizzardppc@180/040@25.96megz ram
    -=-=-=-=-
    zx.spectrum@3.5
  • »25.09.09 - 18:55
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    warface
    Am not myself into making the site, but all my skins are offered free of charge for the purpose :-)

[ Edited by warface on 2009/9/25 21:53 ]
  • »25.09.09 - 20:51
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    emeric: all your skins? i've seen only one (spacestation).
    DEAD pegII/G4@1000.1gb ram.radeon 9200pro
    240 gigz hd.nec dvdrw.MorphOS 2.4 DEAD
    -=-=-=-
    amiga1200T.blizzardppc@180/040@25.96megz ram
    -=-=-=-=-
    zx.spectrum@3.5
  • »25.09.09 - 21:08
    Profile Visit Website
    warface
    Then look harder :-) Besides Space Station there has been one called Blue Cadillac also. And also there was an ANR skin unless am completely mistaken :-)

preview.png

Get Blue Cadillac from here.
  • »26.09.09 - 10:18
    Profile Visit Website
    warface
    And there is also one more waiting for full alpha transparency of skin pieces.

morphos20borderpreview2.png
  • »26.09.09 - 10:27
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    AFAIK full alpha translucency/ transparency is possible these days (with 3D layers). So you probably can finish that skin now. Maybe still provide a version for 2D layers w/o the transparency stuff. :)
  • »26.09.09 - 10:34
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    hello,

in website www.meta-morphos.org, there is a gallery of pictures, i have create a part named "Skins" wich can contain each picture of skin.
    You can purpose picture of your skin if you want ;)

Gallery of Skins

too, i have create a pack with all skins i can found in a archive (extract to sys: only and you have all skins installed).

Pack Skin N?1

[ Edited by Papiosaur on 2009/9/26 12:06 ]
  • »26.09.09 - 10:41
    Profile Visit Website
    warface
    Quote:

tokai wrote:
    AFAIK full alpha translucency/ transparency is possible these days (with 3D layers). So you probably can finish that skin now. Maybe still provide a version for 2D layers w/o the transparency stuff. :)

When I get back from Munchen and the Octoberfest I will give it a try and report the results back :-)
  • »26.09.09 - 22:01
    Profile Visit Website
    CountRaven
    Can someone give me some more information about the skin @ MorphOS? I am extracting Papiosaur's skin package and yes I am finding all of them on the Skins menu when I get to edit a screen mode. But I thought that when I would select a different skin changes would appear on my wallpaper as well. Well I am just getting some changes on Windows and title bar colors and things like that. Do I have to do something more in order to get a full changed desktop like this:

http://www.meta-morphos.org/modules/td-galerie/imgs/20090927212732-1.jpg
  • »29.09.09 - 02:03
    Profile Visit Website
    Jambalah
    Hi CountRaven!
    When you change a skin the settings for that skin are automally loaded: skin config, MUI prefs for that skin and MUIGfx for that skin. If you open MOSSYS:prefs/MUIGfx you will notice various folders,
    everyone of them containing a set of arrows, buttons and so on for general use or for a specific skin
    (Ferox and Ghost, in this case).
    All this setting are stored in skin config and MUI prefs for a specific skin.
    What you see in that screenshot, and that can't be set by a skin configuration, is a mix of PolyNet bar,
    MorphOS panel and ClockToy.
    Under those bars, you can see Statline, as backdrop, with Wetter bar overlapped, with the same background due to create the illusion that is one bar.
    On MetaMorphos and here in Morphzone ("New MorphOS 2.3" thread) , there is the link to a .lha file with PolyNet configuration, some graphic and a mini-pseudo-tutorial I realised in html. This is the link:

PolyNetConfig

Hope it could be useful!
    Pegasos II 1 ghz
    Powermac G4 Quicksilver with Sonnet Encore 1.8 ghz
    Powermac G4 MDD single 1.25 ghz, silenced for ears health...
    Powermac G5 dual 2.7 ghz I'll be back...
    Powermac G5 dual 2.0 ghz
    Powerbook G4 1.67 ghz 17
  • »29.09.09 - 07:05
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    walkero
    Have a look at www.amiga-look.org where anyone can make an account and upload your themes there for anyone to find. It's usefull to have all themes, wallpapers and grafx things that can make our workbench look better.
  • »29.09.09 - 07:30
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    XzIt
    Well, wish granted tokai!
    soon rdy with my skin database along with wallpapers and my favorite files/archives :D

Hope you like it. i'll upload it tomorrow.

XzIt

Amiga 500, 600, 3000, 4000, CD32, CDTV, Dreamcast, Nintendo GBA, DS, Wii. Pegasos 2 G4 1ghz
  • »30.09.09 - 21:51
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    XzIt
    here you go, found under morphos/skins section.

http://www.sapphire.no/~xzit/index.html

Still some skins to come, missing some screenshots...

btw, if anyone know the name of skin authors im missing send a mail, plz :D

if you have any skins you made, send it to my email plz.

Wallpaper section soon online, still not rdy.

XzIt

Amiga 500, 600, 3000, 4000, CD32, CDTV, Dreamcast, Nintendo GBA, DS, Wii. Pegasos 2 G4 1ghz

[ Edited by XzIt on 2009/10/1 14:55 ]
  • »01.10.09 - 13:54
    Profile Visit Website
    Jambalah
    Wow! Really good work!!!!!
    Thanks Xzit!
    Pegasos II 1 ghz
    Powermac G4 Quicksilver with Sonnet Encore 1.8 ghz
    Powermac G4 MDD single 1.25 ghz, silenced for ears health...
    Powermac G5 dual 2.7 ghz I'll be back...
    Powermac G5 dual 2.0 ghz
    Powerbook G4 1.67 ghz 17
  • »01.10.09 - 14:17
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    jcmarcos
    Quote:

tokai wrote:

Looking good already.

I agree. BUt I'd like these kind of things inside MorphZone. Wel, I'd like them inside the official MorphOS Team web site (which looks gorgeous, I'd say)...

Quote:

One thing I have noticed.. the top links do not work in IBrowse (or maybe require javascript, dunno). That probably should be fixed. :)

Yes, I think that, if it works, it must be pure coincidence: There's an anchor element (the link) that has a button inside (declared with the "button" tag, that i've never seen in my life, but indeed paints a button), that does nothing when its clicked. That's perhaps the coder gave for granted that the "click" event of the button would "bubble up" into the anchor, but that doesn't have to happen.
    I'd use a plain

INPUT Type="Button"
    Value="MorphOS"
    OnClick="navigate('mos.html');"

And this ends my contribution as a coder in the MorphOS world.

(yes, I'm THAT briliant)

:-P
  • »01.10.09 - 16:24
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    Some more remarks...

Quote:

I agree. BUt I'd like these kind of things inside MorphZone. Wel, I'd like them inside the official MorphOS Team web site (which looks gorgeous, I'd say)...

Well... MorphZone is pretty much dead in the 'beeing developed on' departement; which you see on this broken default skin which is currently in use and breaks everywhere you look. So much about that... :-)

And I do NOT agree that this should be part of the MorphOS Team website. Do you want the MorphOS Team spending tons of time on their website and handling 3rd party skin release support or do you rather see the OS itself progressing? :-) You know the MorphOS Team can't do everything... some things must come from the community too. :)

That's why I started this thread here and asked (some) users to do it. :-) Which seems to be progressing nicely now. It's a good start with potential. Of course it must constantly be improved and I hope we'll see more people making skins in the future. You don't have to be a programmer for that, right? ;-)
  • »01.10.09 - 17:38
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    XzIt
    Thanks everyone for support!

will have a new updated page tomorrow night.
    btw, will not have any java in new version as i dont really like it.

X

• »01.10.09 - 20:40
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    Right. But how about a simple guide how to make your own skin? I've tried to modify some existing ones, but so far the results are quite... erm... unexpected.
  • »01.10.09 - 21:12
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    jcmarcos
    Quote:

tokai wrote:

I do NOT agree that this should be part of the MorphOS Team website. Do you want the MorphOS Team spending tons of time on their website and handling 3rd party skin release support or do you rather see the OS itself progressing?

Noooooo... I want the MorphOS Team to acquire a public relations team. That is, that a couple of guys add community content to the official web site. Something that, if has never happened in all these years, will not happen ever.
    This way, MorphOS appears to the public as some kind of obscure, elite operating system. Because it must be almost the only one that refuses to have feedback about itself in its very web site. Something that almost everyone expects, this days.
    Not having it makes it look extremely clean.
  • »02.10.09 - 08:47
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    koan
    Hi XzIt

Great work, I really appreciate it.

One small suggestion: can you make a small cropped version of each screenshot, perhaps about 200x200 and show that ? I don't want to have to wait for an SVGA screenshot to download when I want to browse through quickly. If you leave a link to the screenshots I can still download the big image to check it out.

Thanks
  • »02.10.09 - 10:09