Sputnik trouble???
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    I am still having trouble with my EFIKA's Sputnik application, which has stopped working. When I double click on the icon to start it nothing happens, or so I thought at first. So, I went to the Sputnik website and downloaded the latest beta version (which is what I thought would be in MOS2.1) and copied it to my Applications drawer. It then started working again, but I can't save any settings.

Someone here then asked why I had not just re-installed the version from the MOS2.1.iso, so I did that (only copied the executable by clicking on the icon and choosing copy and then pasting it to my Applications drawer). Now it is not working again, but I noticed that when I double click on the icon, my available memory drops from 73mb to around 57mb, which would indicate that the Sputnik program has loaded into memory, but no window opens.

It has me stumped at the moment. Any suggestions?
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »01.12.08 - 03:49
  • psd
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    psd
    Start snoopium before running sputnik, the output may be useful.
  • »01.12.08 - 08:45
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    mobydick
    Did you edited the ToolBar in preferences?
    Check drawer "sputnik/html" for file core.cfg. Remove it, if the filesize is 0.
    Pegasos II/G4@1GHz, 1 GB RAM, MorphOS 3.9
    Efika MX Smartbook, Ubuntu 12.04
    peguser.narod.ru
  • »01.12.08 - 08:49
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

mobydick wrote:
    Did you edited the ToolBar in preferences?
    Check drawer "sputnik/html" for file core.cfg. Remove it, if the filesize is 0.

Thanks, that fixed it. I tried looking for the .cfg file before, but forgot that someone told me before that it was in the html drawer.

It is now working again, but I have to set up a new config file. I also have not yet figured out how to set the size that it will open with. It always opens in a very shallow (not very high on the screen) window that is about half the screen width, but only an inch high, centered in the screen. I am sure it is something really simple that I just have not found yet.

It seems that morph.zone is running very slow today. Anyone else notice that?
  • »02.12.08 - 00:07
    Golem
    Quote:

I also have not yet figured out how to set the size that it will open with.

You can resize/position and snapshot it like any other MUI window.
  • »02.12.08 - 00:34
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Golem wrote:
    Quote:

I also have not yet figured out how to set the size that it will open with.

You can resize/position and snapshot it like any other MUI window.

Thanks, I have just figured out how to snapshot with MUI.

I was not a MUI user with my old classic Amigas, so I feel like a bit of a NOOB here using MorphOS.

It appears that I have much more to learn than I first imagined, so please be patient and I will try to figure things out first myself, before becomming a pest and asking things that I should have been able to find for myself.
  • »02.12.08 - 01:28