What are the MOS KHTML memory requirements?
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    jahc
    Marcik: How much RAM does the KHTML port use so far when running? And then how much do you estimate with a few browser tabs open?

I'm asking because I'm thinking of buying more RAM, and thats the only app so far that I think would need more than what I currently have.
  • »15.02.06 - 10:39
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    marcik
    Hard to tell now (even harder because monitor on my peg broke down a few days ago :-) ). But when I was working on Gtk+Webcore I didn't noticed any big memory usage. And remember that new Nokia code is adjusted to mobile usage.
  • »15.02.06 - 13:37
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    jahc
    your peg broke? damn, so you cant work on the port at the moment? :/

edit: whoops, your MONITOR broke! sorry, I just woke up. when you get a new monitor, if you could give me a ballpark figure I'd really appreciate it. Such as, 10-20mb.. 40-60mb.. I need to make a decision on buying RAM soon. thank you for taking the time to reply!

[ Edited by jahc on 2006/2/16 10:42 ]
  • »15.02.06 - 22:35
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Kamul
    I am curious how much memory do you have that you're afraid it won't be enough to run web browser. :)
    Or maybe you use PowerUp MorphOS version on classic Amiga?
  • »16.02.06 - 09:06
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    jahc
    After loading up everything I usually have loaded, internet stuff (including IBrowse), cubicide, music, etc, I have 130mb free (out of 256mb). I'm doubting KHTML with a handful of tabs will chew that all up, but then again this is a very modern engine. It seems software today has quite high requirements.
  • »16.02.06 - 11:03