So...what does this mean for MorphOS and the Peg community?
  • Just looking around
    Quote:

by hooligan on 2004/11/23 13:10:32

Come on guys.. it's STILL ONLY a hobby. There are plenty of alternatives after MOS. Linux, MacOS, OS4, just to name a few alternatives.

This is not just about the hobby, its also about the money invested in that hobby.
    Its about pushing an OS, software development and a community - and then destroying it all.
    People bought the Pegasos-Board because of MorphOS and its promising development - but all of a sudden MorphOS is declared unimportant.
    That is betrayal nothing else.

Collecting Pokemons is a hobby, spending 1000 € for a platform is already more - its a sign of trust and support.

Maybe MorphOS was just the cheese to lure us all into a trap, where we leave our money and get kicked out afterwards.

At least this silly "war" between the blue side and the red side will end...
    . forward for the dream .
  • »23.11.04 - 13:04
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    Quote:

by MacFly on 2004/11/23 14:04:08

Guys calm down! Bplan has not made such a statement. Take a look here Bplan News

That page hasn´t been updated in over 6 months.
    There are no statements about A LOT of things. ;-)
  • »23.11.04 - 13:11
    Profile Visit Website
    hooligan
    Quote:

This is not just about the hobby, its also about the money invested in that hobby.
    Its about pushing an OS, software development and a community - and then destroying it all.
    People bought the Pegasos-Board because of MorphOS and its promising development - but all of a sudden MorphOS is declared unimportant.
    That is betrayal nothing else.

Collecting Pokemons is a hobby, spending 1000 € for a platform is already more - its a sign of trust and support.

Maybe MorphOS was just the cheese to lure us all into a trap, where we leave our money and get kicked out afterwards.

At least this silly "war" between the blue side and the red side will end...

Well I personally havent regretted my investment. I have been very satisfied to what I have now and if this hobby ends at some point then so be it.

It's not like I didn't know I was taking risks when entering back to "Amiga"scene.
    www.mikseri.net/hooligan <- Free music
  • »23.11.04 - 13:19
    Profile Visit Website
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    MacFly
    yes and this clearly shows that the statement is a fake. I talked to Mr. Carda just 2 hours ago and he confirmed that he has not made that statement
  • »23.11.04 - 13:37
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    Good news. :-)
  • »23.11.04 - 13:49
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    Quote:

yes and this clearly shows that the statement is a fake. I talked to Mr. Carda just 2 hours ago and he confirmed that he has not made that statement

You didnt expect him to say "yes, I wrote that" did you? lol. there are obvious problems and in time will go public.
  • »23.11.04 - 13:59
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Robert
    @Smithy:

Quote:

You've still gotten a decent system for your cash (A1/OS4 would have cost you 3x what you paid for Peg/MOS).

Really that much?
    He says he paid £484 for it.
    £1452 for an A1? They've obviously gone up since I got mine.

Quote:

I'll still consider myself to own a piece of Amiga, if not computing, history which I'll keep - just as I've kept my A1200.

Agreed.
    Apart from anything else, my A1200 has OS3.5 on it and is still the machine I use for writing most of my tunes.
    I also use my Pegasos for the same purpose, also recording and, just for the last few days, surfing the net.

It isn't suddenly going to stop doing these things because 1.5 is on hold/dead/eaten/etc..
    --
    Robert.
  • »23.11.04 - 15:10
    Profile Visit Website
    4pLaY
    Ive personaly been away for a while but comming back to this is just depressing to say the least! if this ends with no more MOS for Pegs or no more MOS for any system im dropping AmigaLike companies for ever and only concentrating on AROS! ive been let down enough times.

[ Edited by 4pLaY on 2004/11/23 18:04 ]
    http://www.resistance.no
  • »23.11.04 - 17:56
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    ironfist
    Quote:

MisterBrisby:
    Bullshit. I have spent at least three times that figure on my
    complete loose vintage Star Wars action figure collection.
    And that is a hobby for me.

Everyone:
    Calm down and face the facts.. MorphOS is dead
    (was it ever alive?..).

Move on.. Use Windows 2000, or something, instead..
  • »23.11.04 - 18:36
    Profile Visit Website
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    hnl_dk
    Hello Mark,

First I wish you good luck with the future...

Question: As Ralph Schmidt is shareholder of Genesi... Is he still "member" of the MorphOS team?
    Best regards,
    hnl_dk - Henning Nielsen Lund
  • »23.11.04 - 19:48
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    serge
    Talking about Titan:
    You are doing a very interesting software :Papyrus.
    But What will we do whith it if we cant print ?
    If MOS 1.5 dont come, we cant print with our MOS 1.4.
    Ok, personaly, I bought last Turbo Print68k and it works with 2
    applications on my system. Will it works with Papyrus?
  • »23.11.04 - 20:37
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Quote:

hnl_dk wrote:
    Hello Mark,

First I wish you good luck with the future...

Question: As Ralph Schmidt is shareholder of Genesi... Is he still "member" of the MorphOS team?

I actually have no idea about the accuracy in what I am about to say, and maybe I am really clueless and ignorant here, but perhaps it would be more correct to say that Ralph *is* MorphOS and that his team consists of anyone still working on the OS tomorrow?

:-?
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »23.11.04 - 22:02
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    @Serge

Since I am not Titan but a website rader ;-) I just repeat what I read
    there: Papyrus needs latest Turboprint 68k to print

You have the latest TP, you'll be able to print out with Papyrus.

@ ironfist

My MOS installation on my Peg feels pretty alive (at least as alive as
    an OS can be): It's used daily.

@ hnl_dk

Ralph and Frank are the current core team.
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »23.11.04 - 22:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    hnl_dk
    Quote:

Zylesea wrote:
    [...]
    @ hnl_dk

Ralph and Frank are the current core team.

Ok... So the OS that the "MorphOS team" is working on, (that might end up in embedded devices) is not going to be named MorphOS (or are Ralph and Frank still members og "their" team)?
    Best regards,
  • »24.11.04 - 11:08
    Profile Visit Website
    Senex
    MorphOS = Ralph Schmidt = Genesi. So if MorphOS should get degraded to an embedded OS only, it nevertheless will stay MorphOS. Without the core of MorphOS, which is done by Ralph and Frank, the others of the current (or former) team won't have anything left for an own OS, they could only support AROS with their contributions for example.

But this is only the worst case scenario. I hope that even if Genesi indeed won't pay them, that Ralph and Frank at least keep their "embedded MOS" easily "upgradeable" by a commercial "desktop kit" to be sold separately by David & Co. To morph it into a full OS for the Pegasos.
  • »24.11.04 - 12:00
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    jcmarcos
    Quote:

Senex wrote:

I hope that even if Genesi indeed won't pay them, that Ralph and Frank at least keep their "embedded MOS" easily "upgradeable" by a commercial "desktop kit" to be sold separately by David & Co. To morph it into a full OS for the Pegasos.

Hey, that's the first think that sounds like a solution since this havoc started!
  • »24.11.04 - 15:11
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    hnl_dk
    Quote:

Senex wrote:
    MorphOS = Ralph Schmidt = Genesi. So if MorphOS should get degraded to an embedded OS only, it nevertheless will stay MorphOS. Without the core of MorphOS, which is done by Ralph and Frank, the others of the current (or former) team won't have anything left for an own OS, they could only support AROS with their contributions for example.

But this is only the worst case scenario. I hope that even if Genesi indeed won't pay them, that Ralph and Frank at least keep their "embedded MOS" easily "upgradeable" by a commercial "desktop kit" to be sold separately by David & Co. To morph it into a full OS for the Pegasos.

I know that Ralph == Genesi (or at least a part of it)... but I didn't think that this draft sounded very much pro Genesi (like the other responce we get from the "MorphOS team"): http://bigfoot.morphos.net/test/pressrelease_20041123.html :-?
    http://morphos.net :-?
    Best regards,
  • »24.11.04 - 15:13
    Profile Visit Website