Acolyte of the Butterfly
    DethKnight
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/11/03/game_cos_3d_lawsuit/
    I am ; therefore you are
  • »03.11.04 - 15:43
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    aliem
    The software patents are the worst menace to the software development.

If you live in Europe go to:
    http://swpat.ffii.org

We have to stop Them
    As well to support our MorphOS and all the Free Software.

patent_overload.gif
  • »04.11.04 - 02:08
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    I agree, software patents are a big problem for computers. More power to the big ones, les to the small ones and lack of innovation on all. Big companies has money for patent most of things, small companies cant do that, big companies has a lot of lawyers...

Why not say Targhan about put on MZ a banner against software patents?
  • »04.11.04 - 03:41
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Forget to say...

Software patents kills innovation because in computers practically nothing is 100% original, being some kind of science all is based on other things and the things evolutioning into others, with software patents "invented things" will cant be used even changed, there are a lot of concepts in computers that has a lot of years ago and are still using in operating systems of today. Software patents will only create monipolization, and will create a lack of alternatives, so a few companies, or even the same company will can control (since some time later) practically all thanks to software patents. Bye to homebrew development, bye to small companis that does very innovative things, bye to new companies in the computng sector... If without software patents is very problematic do innovative things or interesting competitive development without a company pissing off even on homebrew (remember freecraft?) and the software quality lowered a lot since these years, imagine the power of software patents on big companies...
  • »04.11.04 - 03:51
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    James
    Quote:

timofonic wrote:
    Why not say Targhan about put on MZ a banner against software patents?

Yeah, and give me one for my sites! :)
  • »04.11.04 - 04:58
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    poundsmack
    patents blow....but since we cant seem to make them go away lets fight fire with fire....targhan should patent morphzone...and genesi sould pattent everything they can get there hands on.....and i should pattent something else....and then...(rambols on for a while)................and thats how it all ends.........(sarcasm)
    "Poundsmack, official morphzone thread creator" -LorD
    "Wanna be lord of the avatars." -JKD
  • »04.11.04 - 05:11
    Profile Visit Website