Anyone has/probed Papyrus?
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    People that buyed or probed Papyrus, please write your the impressions about Papyrus, could be very nice a review about the this suite. I want know how it is before buy it.
  • »14.10.04 - 21:04
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    td741
    I bought it, but I don't have it yet. :P Let you know once it's delivered.
    Steph
  • »14.10.04 - 21:13
    Profile Visit Website
    Ok, nice! ;-)
  • »14.10.04 - 21:37
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    weiseb
    Is there still no one who received Papyrus?
  • »25.10.04 - 14:09
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    td741
    Still waiting... I've been charged though. :P

However, Customs was on strike and it is coming in from overseas so it might take a while...
    Steph
  • »25.10.04 - 16:05
    Profile Visit Website
  • JKD
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    JKD
    Sure...I received a nice email from Titan saying a could download my version (the English version is delayed due to translation.)...kudos to them for great Customer Service.

It's an above average WP, some neat DTP functions but there seem to be quite a few bugs. Whatever the latest version of FW or WW was...it's about on a par with them.

I had mixed experience with the Word compatibility..managed to import a document by exporting from word in 2000/Office97 RTF format (Papyrus would not load the native format) but when I saved it back....Word on the PC wouldn't read it.

I haven't managed to get printing to work, but I think it requires an updated TP and I don't want to load a 69k TP over the top of MOS.....

The spreadsheet functions are waaay to basic for my need (it's basically a table function within the WP)...that's not to sat it wouldn't be useful for small worksheets.

The Database functionality is also basic, judging by the examples but I did not spend any time tryng to create one or even change the examples.

Oh and my download version is some odd beta (according to the program info requester) sooo maybe newer or older than the CD version.

I didn't spend much time with it (far too busy) but based on what I've seen...maybe 6/10 which might improve to a 7 the more functions I discover or if rated soley as a WP/layout package....certainly the 'Office' in it's title is too grand a claim IMO.

YMMV and I may post more if I get some more time to play...also need to contact Titan for bug reports.
  • »25.10.04 - 21:33
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    todi
    Mmmh, i ordered in august and didn't get anything yet (even after last months promise: delivery starts next week) ...
    ToDi

amigazeux.org
  • »25.10.04 - 22:29
    Profile Visit Website
    Velcro_SP
    Timofonic, you should be hearing more about Papyrus as more customers download it or get their packages in the mail.

I downloaded my Papyrus on Saturday. I've only spent about an hour with it so far, so I can't say too much. It's very responsive. It has a surprising amount of features. You can put pictures in your documents, resize and move them around with the mouse easily. I like Papyrus MOS. But it has some problems too. Hopefully we'll get some updates and they will improve Papyrus.

I ran Papyrus at the same time as playing a DVD with Devedie and MPlayer and this worked fine. Papyrus runs in a window, and I put the DVD window under the Papyrus window and was using Papyrus while the DVD ran, and that was nice. :) On G3! However I have not used Papyrus enough to tell you if it is good enough or not good enough overall.

It is the most ambitious program I ever saw for MorphOS, though. It does a lot of stuff!
    Pegasos2 G3, 512 megs RAM
  • »26.10.04 - 02:45
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    td741
    Well, got an e-mail with download instructions and tried it out last night.

It seems impressive at first glance. I've tried some of the demo documents. It does have quite a few features, I really need to look further into it...

However, it failed to import two relatively plain Word documents. Hmm, it also seemed to pop up alot of error messages when I attempted to open the preference window when some text was loaded. My system locked up two or three times... ;) At the moment I'm more keen to continue using on Pagestream for documents editing.
    Steph
  • »26.10.04 - 15:57
    Profile Visit Website