4 gig barrier on DVDs
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    MarK
    Hi all!

I just would like to report a bug in MorphOS, or better in DVD file system... It's about the 4 gig barrier... I have burnt a DVD+R with the wonderfull new FryingPan 0.4 on my Pegasos2, but I'm not able to access files, that are beyond the 4 gig barrier :-( while on PC I can access it without any troubles. I has reported this bug with MorphOS1.3 and I was told, that there is already a workaround for this in the MorphOS1.4, but... there isn't... So I hope it will be ready and working with MorphOS1.5 :-)

I keep my fingers crossed! :-)

Bye, MarK.
  • »09.08.04 - 19:01
    Maybe an abox limitation? dos.library?

I think that these limitations must be fixed on next versions of MorphOS ( SFS limitations too )
  • »09.08.04 - 19:45
    MarK
    SFS cannot be the problem, it works pretty well. It have to be the cdrom file system or something, it's burnt without any troubles, but to read it back... impossible :-(

Bye, MarK.
  • »09.08.04 - 19:58
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Its the cdrom fs fault, the sfs can not handle cds. On the classic AMIGA series, you can read back the dvds only with the Allegro CDFS, and nothing else. By the way, i have the same problems with my PEG and my mp3 DVDs. It is a big problem in MOS cdrom fs, i hope its can fixed very soon... I tried it with 3 different dvd drive, and always the same (Toshiba, NEC and LG)
  • »09.08.04 - 20:17
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    GK_LKA
    Yes, I think so. This must be fixed. The other annoying thing is the 2GB (?) file size limit on SFS. Maybe dos.library, maybe others fault, but it's not possible to have a DVD ISO image on my HD. Good morning, it's 2004...
    [ GK / LKA Team ]
  • »09.08.04 - 21:26
    Profile Visit Website
    MarK
    Yes! We need bigger, than 2 gigs per file support. And more things like multi user smart file system :-)

Bye, MarK.
  • »10.08.04 - 12:44