Stepmania for MorphOS?
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Copied from http://www.stepmania.com/stepmania/viewfile.php?file=README-FIRST.html#About%20StepMania

About StepMania (top)
    StepMania is capable of playing many game types. Currently, it supports games similar to Dance Dance Revolution, Pump It Up, EZ 2 Dancer, and Para Para Paradise. In the future, it will support games similar to BeatMania, Guitar Freaks, DrumMania, and more.

The games played by StepMania are rhythm games. Notes scroll up from the bottom of the screen, and the player must hit the corresponding button on the controller in time to the. All games can be played using the keyboard, but the real fun comes when using specially designed controllers, like a dance pad or hand sensors.

Minimum Requirements (top)
    * Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000, or Windows XP
    * Pentium II, Pentium III, Celeron, Athlon, or compatible processor, 266MHz minimum (400 MHz recommended)
    * 64 MB of RAM
    * Video card that supports High Color (16-bit color) and has 16MB video RAM
    * Video card with OpenGL drivers
    * DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card with drivers
    * DivX 5 video codec for movie visualizations

They don't said, but it has linux and Mac Os X version too!

So, I think that this program will can be ported to run perfectly on a Pegasos G3 with MorphOS, no? ;-)

Any interested programmer on port it? ;-)
  • »24.06.04 - 06:45
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    ButterflyKisses
    while stepmania is a great program PyDDR is way better.....and VERY portable...(if we had python).....(and python is a must have by the way)
  • »24.06.04 - 07:00
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    poundsmack
    i agree on both counts...
    "Poundsmack, official morphzone thread creator" -LorD
    "Wanna be lord of the avatars." -JKD
  • »24.06.04 - 07:00
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    a python port shouldn't be that problem. I have a already working version here, which just has a few small problems left which i couldn't solve yet, because i simply didn't had time for it. And maybe a few modules are not working properly yet.
    the main problem is that it does not find his modules when it wasn't started from inside a sh shell.

http://www.christianrosentreter.com/cache/python-2.3.4-morphos.lha (that's the test compile) But I don't have time atm. to finish/fix it. Start it from a sh shell and it should basically work. COuldn't test much, because I have no clue about phyton in general :-P

regards,
    tokai
  • »24.06.04 - 09:35
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    poundsmack
    tokai?! your porting python?!....have i told you i love you yet today :-P

well if pythin is on morphos Pyddr (pydance) should just be a simple recompile....and i believe the only other thing it requires is SDL
    "Poundsmack, official morphzone thread creator" -LorD
    "Wanna be lord of the avatars." -JKD
  • »24.06.04 - 09:43
    Profile Visit Website