Problems entering passwords in AmFTP, Jabberwocky
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Applications: AmFTP, and Jabberwocky, for example.
    System: Pegasos-1 with april2

When I try to enter my password, I select the field, it becomes active (and turns light blue in my case), and there is no cursor. Normally with AmFTP you would see a series of dots as your type your password, but the field remains blank as I type in it, therefore it really isn't accepting any input, so I can't login to any sites...same thing with Jabberwocky.

I even tried booting off the MorphOS 1.4.2 CDROM to see if the problem went away -- but it didn't!
    Does anyone know how to get around this rather serious problem/bug?

Thanks,
    Darren
    A4000/060/PPC-200MHz, A4000T/060/PPC-233MHz, CD32, MicroA1, Pegasos 2 G4, AMD Phenom Quad Core 2.5GHz, MacMini 1.5GHz/64MB VRam...mwwmwahhh :)
  • »21.05.04 - 05:07
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    marcik
    You don't see any dots (it's a bug), but text is entered - you have to get used to it, or wait for MorphOS 1.5, and hope that it'll be fixed in 1.5 :).
  • »21.05.04 - 08:03
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    it's a bug in MUIs string class. Best is to activate the string gadget then press SHIFT+BACKSPACE to kill everything left and then SHIFT+DEL to kill everything right from cursor. Then enter your password and hope you don't have a typo. :)

Applications who use betterstring.mcc or newstring.mcc don't have these problems. I think it will be fixed for next MUI.

regards,
    tokai
  • »21.05.04 - 09:59
    Profile Visit Website