• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    KennyR
    Quote:

Amigaharry2 wrote:
    @KennyR:
    Funny! I had (have) a Seikosha SL92. This one works fine with TP-driver for the Seikosha SL80-AI. Should also do with an SL96.

Nothing worked, except SL95, which TP didn't support either. Seikosha must have had some really weird custom bitmap parsing for its last two dot matrix printers, and wasn't Epson compatible in the slightest. The SL96 was a 360x360 dpi dot matrix, which pushed that technology as far as it was likely to go, but inkjets were already appearing and could print a sheet without taking three quarters of an hour to do so. (That is not an exaggeration.)

Oftentimes you can print just by emailing a pdf or jpg to your own printer, without even needing to convert to PS or PCL. I don't think anyone still uses dot matrices except maybe as simple line printers, and only in very specific niches (I used to use one to print off ELISA results in my research assistant position in the naughties). A lot more likely someone will still use applications that use printer.device.
  • »09.12.23 - 17:55