Easy2Install
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    kriz
    Excellent stuff, glad to able to help abit :)
    MacMiniG4 MOS 3.18 rulez ... For music check: Horrordelic Records - Dark Psychedelic Music Since 2011 -
  • »01.08.23 - 23:54
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Quote:

kriz a écrit :
    Excellent stuff, glad to able to help abit :)

Thanks kriz ;-)

New beta26 available:

Easy2Install beta 26

- reset string after launch of a search
    - fix problem of automatic launch after a search
    - Shoot3D games are now available (thanks kriz)
    - new archives supported (see explanations in the readme file)
  • »02.08.23 - 07:13
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    cip060
    emulation section please FIX
  • »02.08.23 - 11:07
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Quote:

cip060 a écrit :
    emulation section please FIX

@cip060: what is exactly your problem please?

All archives are not "supported" for the moment... Thanks to read the readmefirst and expose me exatly what your problem is on my mail, it will be better to progress ;-) Thanks
  • »02.08.23 - 12:56
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    cip060
    ONLY with EMULATION does this happen

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RqtEas_ccTzg7gza_BjLktG4OztI4_eL/view

obviously then if I change the section the display always remains like this
    if I close and reopen the program it goes back to normal
    I made a thousand tests every time I choose emulation it is displayed like that
    I never add bugs from before various errors again
    I would also like to be able to click on the program name to sort them alphabetically or by program manufacturer

[ Edited by cip060 02.08.2023 - 14:19 ]
  • »02.08.23 - 13:14
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    @Cip060:

As asked before, i need the software installed... All archives are not supported (as said before too).

Thanks to (re)read the ReadmeFirst file please.

Normally, you have a local version with 2 lines for a software installed (or more). I need to know which please to fix that, thanks.

Sorry, i can't test all archives in a short time, i need a little help.
  • »02.08.23 - 13:34
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    kriz
    A request for me would be to have a only download button, if you only want the file :)
    MacMiniG4 MOS 3.18 rulez ... For music check: Horrordelic Records - Dark Psychedelic Music Since 2011 -
  • »02.08.23 - 19:16
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Quote:

kriz a écrit :
    A request for me would be to have a only download button, if you only want the file :)

I will try...but maybe it complicated to have the good name of the archive and i must propose a destination for this archive too...
  • »02.08.23 - 20:47
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    kriz
    Sys:Downloads or similar default value would work for me, or assign download: maybe :)
  • »02.08.23 - 21:03
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Quote:

kriz a écrit :
    Sys:Downloads or similar default value would work for me, or assign download: maybe :)

it's easier than I thought, i will put RAM: by default and you could choose destination too ;-)

I have added a bouton to open the application drawer too :-)

Next beta soon.
  • »04.08.23 - 09:59
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    kriz
    Ahh how great, keep up the great work @Papiosaur!
  • »04.08.23 - 11:22
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Hello,

beta 28 available in the same link

This is next features:

- Abort button (maybe only for donwload process)
    - Create a directory if not exists
    - Rename drawer if had a bad name (name_mos for example)
    - Rename executable if had a bad name (name_mos for example)
    - Move executable if there is at a bad place (MOS drawer for example)
    - Fix the problem with filerequester

If you have any ideas, don't hesitate :-)
  • »08.08.23 - 17:33
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ Papiosaur - It would be good to have Ascending/Descending sorting on each of the columns, so if you were looking for some software with a name or date range of release in a category you couldn't remember the full name of or its release date, or some other reason then you might be able to find it easier, by arranging any of the columns in alphanumerical order, as I understand Hollywood can use this MUI feature. 8-)

Also, being able to adjust the size of the images or reduce the section that they are contained in, in certain circumstances, such as when there is a long list of files to view that could take up almost all of the viewable GUI area, say with a 'balance' MUI gadget to make the file list area larger without having to resize the GUI frame, especially if you already have the GUI as large as it will open up to. ;-)

Also, it would be good to have keyboard shortcuts for confirming to Quit/Exit - from the confirmation action requester "Do you really want to quit?" Yes or No option, so pressing Y would confirm Yes, and pressing N would confirm No. I appreciate you've already made it fairly easy to quit by focusing the default action 'Yes' as being that to Quit by only having to press the Enter key, with the alternative No requiring a press of the Tab key and then a press of the Enter key to confirm that action, or of course using the mouse pointer and a left click on whichever button is appropriate. 8-D
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »09.08.23 - 00:24
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    @NewSense

Quote:

NewSense a écrit :
    @ Papiosaur - It would be good to have Ascending/Descending sorting on each of the columns, so if you were looking for some software with a name or date range of release in a category you couldn't remember the full name of or its release date, or some other reason then you might be able to find it easier, by arranging any of the columns in alphanumerical order, as I understand Hollywood can use this MUI feature. 8-)

Yes, i did some tests at the beginning but i had a problem with date format and the sort was bad. I have tried now and all seems ok now. Thanks to BeWorld to have changed this on the database!

Quote:

Also, being able to adjust the size of the images or reduce the section that they are contained in, in certain circumstances, such as when there is a long list of files to view that could take up almost all of the viewable GUI area, say with a 'balance' MUI gadget to make the file list area larger without having to resize the GUI frame, especially if you already have the GUI as large as it will open up to. ;-)

I have tried this too but with no success (i couldn't reduce the lister), i will retry and try to understand the problem.

Quote:

Also, it would be good to have keyboard shortcuts for confirming to Quit/Exit - from the confirmation action requester "Do you really want to quit?" Yes or No option, so pressing Y would confirm Yes, and pressing N would confirm No. I appreciate you've already made it fairly easy to quit by focusing the default action 'Yes' as being that to Quit by only having to press the Enter key, with the alternative No requiring a press of the Tab key and then a press of the Enter key to confirm that action, or of course using the mouse pointer and a left click on whichever button is appropriate. 8-D

About this point, i have tried to add shortcut for the buttons but seems don't work proprely... i will investigate too ;-)

Thanks a lot for your suggestions!

[ Edité par Papiosaur 09.08.2023 - 07:49 ]
  • »09.08.23 - 06:48
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ Papiosaur - I feel sure that jPV would explain the intricacies of the suggestions I made to you far better than most Hollywood users could, and I feel sure he would be prepared to do so for your program, as he has used these features in his own programs that he has written with Hollywood. 8-D
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »09.08.23 - 19:08
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    @NewSense:

Yes, jPV has already help me on many parts on this project, i try to contact him when i need his help and he answer me each time.

Templario help me too for a project with graphics.

Beta-testers are a precious help too to improve this project ;-)

[EDIT]
    GUI reworked a little, preview (fixed size in 320x256) take less place now and readme text is resizable in width with resize main window.
    I think is better like this.
    Balance object is possible for 2 objects "resizable", not possible in my GUI. I could down the buttons but i think it's not a good idea...

previeweasy.jpg
  • »10.08.23 - 09:31
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    cip060
    Anything new on the horizon?
    New Beta Coming?
  • »13.08.23 - 10:00
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Mabo
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote:

Yes, i work on a button to "abort" download :-)

Hi Papi!

I was wondering if i should replace my old Grunch with your E2I.

Can it damage my current os configuration? is it safe to use?

Im back to this tiny os on my MacMini after years ;)

Regards
  • »13.08.23 - 16:57
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    @Mabo :

It's always in beta version...

Many archives are "not supported" for the moment.

Thanks to read the readmefirst file before use it.

It explain many things about usage.

Yes can test it to do an idea.

I need returns to improve it :-)
  • »13.08.23 - 17:30
    Profile Visit Website
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Falcon_11
    Hi Papiosaur

Nice program.
    I don´t know, whether someone told you about this feature, or not. It would be good, if save position of Easy2Install window should be a same name. With every new beta version has own name and window is always in default position. Every time i need to save the new position.

Thx
    Regards
    DEAD
    MB :Pegasos-II
    CPU :G4/1GHz
    OS :MOS 2.2 reg, MOS 1.4.5, Ubuntu 8.04, MACOSX Panther on MOLk
    RAM :512MB-DDR266 Apacer
    GFX :ATI-Radeon 9200 128MB
    HDD :MAXTOR-160+80GB ATA133
    TV :Pinnacle Studio PCTV

Powerbook G4 A1139, MOS3.18
  • »15.08.23 - 21:37
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote: GUI reworked a little, preview (fixed size in 320x256) take less place now and readme text is resizable in width with resize main window. I think is better like this. Balance object is possible for 2 objects "resizable", not possible in my GUI. I could down (reduce) the buttons (sizes) but i think it's not a good idea... previeweasy.jpg
    Suggestion - How about an option to cause the ReadMe and Screenshot windows to be collapsed back into the GUI as a smaller button that could be clicked on to re-open them - as and when a user wants to see them, to allow the main GUI to display more files? 8-)
  • »16.08.23 - 01:09
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Quote:

Falcon_11 a écrit :
    Hi Papiosaur

Nice program.
    I don´t know, whether someone told you about this feature, or not. It would be good, if save position of Easy2Install window should be a same name. With every new beta version has own name and window is always in default position. Every time i need to save the new position.

Thx
    Regards

Hi Falcon,

Thanks ;-)
    Yes, in fact it's a problem because the MUI prefs is linked to the version number and there are many beta version... I will try to found a solution for that. I don't know if i can specify a specific prefs file for MUI prefs with always the same name.
  • »16.08.23 - 05:20
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Quote:

NewSense a écrit :
    Suggestion - How about an option to cause the ReadMe and Screenshot windows to be collapsed back into the GUI as a smaller button that could be clicked on to re-open them - as and when a user wants to see them, to allow the main GUI to display more files? 8-)

Hi NewSense,

i have thank to "switch" this part too but to have more place on the desktop. I will see that too. Thanks for your suggestions to you and Falcon11 ;-)
  • »16.08.23 - 05:25
    Profile Visit Website