Easy2Install
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    @cip060: try extract beta 22 to ram: please and test from here.

As say before, i think to a problem on your memory...

Do you have tested your memory with memtest?

Maybe test your partition with SFSDoctor too.

I think in your case, the problem don't come from Easy2Install.
  • »29.07.23 - 17:04
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    cip060
    well but everything works on my imac g5 if i download the programs from the repo site and unpack them like always never any problem
    why should i have memory problems
  • »29.07.23 - 17:19
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Quote:

cip060 a écrit :
    well but everything works on my imac g5 if i download the programs from the repo site and unpack them like always never any problem
    why should i have memory problems

I try to find ideas to resolve your problem because Easy2Install work here on G5 and Powerbook.
    You must test hardware, if all is ok, the problem is not here and i could try to found others sources of problem.

If somebody has ideas?
  • »29.07.23 - 17:29
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    kriz
    It works very well here, now they all show up as installable (the ones i tried atleast) :) Thanks !! cip060: Any steps to recreate error ?
    MacMiniG4 MOS 3.18 rulez ... For music check: Horrordelic Records - Dark Psychedelic Music Since 2011 -
  • »29.07.23 - 18:47
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    cip060
    just go to the graphics section!!!
    BOOM
    most programs don't install by the way

[ Edited by cip060 29.07.2023 - 20:47 ]
  • »29.07.23 - 19:46
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    kriz
    Graphics section loads fine here .. But i get an error when i click "game - card" then "game-launcher" :>> Screen08.png
    MacMiniG4 MOS 3.18 rulez ... For music check: Horrordelic Records - Dark Psychedelic Music Since 2011 -
  • »29.07.23 - 21:05
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    kriz
    I get same error when going back and forth into folders and same error appears.. See it also with the graphics folder now.. Same error cip060?
  • »29.07.23 - 21:16
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Quote:

cip060 a écrit :
    just go to the graphics section!!!
    BOOM
    most programs don't install by the way

[ Edited by cip060 29.07.2023 - 20:47 ]

i think i have found your problem... i have an error about "Table" as your screenshot after i have installed Gallerius software.

Do you have installed Gallerius?

If yes, could you uninstall it and reload Graphics database please?

I will fix it that soon.

[EDIT] Problem with Gallerius fixed for the next beta :-)
    Explanation: Easy2Install scearch version string of type nameofsoftware x.x (most standard)
    For Gallerius, there is only the version number (2.40) (it maybe the best way...) and Easy2Install search a string as "Gallerius 2.40" so Easy2Install don't find the version number in second part a do an error of Table. I will add an error message if Easy2Install don't find anything (It was not the case for the moment).

Thanks for your patience and your help about this project because there are many things to adapt.
  • »29.07.23 - 21:30
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ Papiosaur - When the program tries to install a program it downloads the file OK, then it tries to install it, and that gets to the point when it is all extracted but generates an error message ...

"Sorry, I can't open the application drawer because it has a different name than the archive" - the file does not install :-(

The downloaded file gets routed to RAM: as dl.php?id=1531988

That was what I got when I used Easy2Install v0.1b22 - with Leu v0.08 from MorphOS Storage

Also, there is no Abort button in case the clicked on file is incorrect or the user wants to stop the installation part-way through for whatever reason to cancel the installation, which currently doesn't work anyway, it seems. :-(
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »30.07.23 - 01:43
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    @NewSense:

It's most an "information" message than a "error" message.

Explanation: Many (many) archives on the storage are not compatible with Easy2Install.

In this case, for LEU, the archive is good extracted but Easy2Install search Destinationpath:LEU/LEU executable...

Search on your destination path, you have a "Leu0.08" drawer extracted (2 progress bars terminated = download and extract succefull).

In this drawer, 6 drawers for each platform contens the executable, Move MorphOS exe in the root (which has a good name) and rename Leu0.08 drawer to Leu and rescan version for this entry. If you double click on Leu entry, Leu will be lauched. Uninstall will work too.

Best way will be to have specific archives on MorphOS-Storage adapted to Easy2Install will allow to the user to launch easiest an app.

Many, many archives have these sort of problems... i try to adapt some of them but the allow of developers to adapt their archives and some help to adapt archives will help me for this project.

This is the readme file for explanations:

Easy2Install.readme

About "Abort" button, it's on the TODO list ;-)
  • »30.07.23 - 08:13
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote: It's most an "information" message than a "error" message.

. . . but if it doesn't do what it is supposed to do . . . Easy2Install . . . then it is an error! ;-)
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote: Explanation: Many (many) archives on the storage are not compatible with Easy2Install.

Maybe the way forward would be to anticipate that many archives will not be compatible as you would like or want, and adapt Easy2Install to adapt to the way many archives will be created and either unarchive all the files as the developer expects and install them all into the destination path folder/directory, even if there is a folder/directory of the same name already - adding a -1, or -2, etc. increment, as applicable, so there are no matched files clashing.
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote: In this case, for LEU, the archive is corredtly extracted but Easy2Install searched the Destination path for the LEU/LEU executable ...

So, do I understand you correctly . . . Easy2Install was looking for the folder Leu, which had actually been named Leu0.08 so it could not find the Leu folder/directory and that was why the 'error requester' was generated? :-?

It is no good having Easy2Install download the archive, unarchive it, but fail to install it, or fail to find it, and also then delete the file because it could not find a way to install it or run it as it expected to, it has to be able to adapt sufficiently to complete its task you are developing it for. I know that is probably easier said than achieved, but it needs to work as expected whatever file or archive structure is aimed at it! 8-)
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote: Search in your destination path, you should have a "Leu0.08" drawer extracted (2 progress bars terminated = download and extract successfull). In the unarchived file drawer, there are 6 drawers, one for each platform that contains an executable. Move MorphOS exe in the root (which has a good name) and rename Leu0.08 drawer to Leu and rescan version for this entry. If you double-click on Leu entry, Leu will be lauched. Uninstall will work too.

I will try the process again later today/tonight, following your suggestions, and report back on whatever success/error I get. ;-)
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote: Best way will be to have specific archives on MorphOS-Storage adapted to Easy2Install will allow to the user to launch easiest an app.
    Many, many archives have these sort of problems... i try to adapt some of them but the allow of developers to adapt their archives and some help to adapt archives will help me for this project.
    This is the readme file for explanations:
    Easy2Install.readme

OK, but I have read the ReadMe file previously, but I will read it through once more. ;-)
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote: About "Abort" button, it's on the TODO list ;-)

OK, thanks for that! 8-)
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »30.07.23 - 09:29
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Quote:

So, do I understand you correctly . . . Easy2Install was looking for the folder Leu, which had actually been named Leu0.08 so it could not find the Leu folder/directory and that was why the 'error requester' was generated? :-?

Yes, it inform the user why the drawer of the app is not open. I can explain better of course ;-)

Just think to an update of Leu soon, 0.10 for example. How to update it?
    I can't create an installer for each type of archive, so i propose some rules to simplify all operations: extract, install, search version, update, launch and uninstall.
  • »30.07.23 - 09:50
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    cip060
    Unfortunately I can't try it today my imac g5 isight is no longer online neither wifi nor with the lan cable
    I don't understand the problem because it doesn't connect anymore even with sorbet leopard
  • »30.07.23 - 18:53
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    kriz
    The graphics folder do not come with any error here anymore, browsing back and forth between folders seems good but i did see the same error message when testing the move from game-card to game-launcher.... But it do not happen every time anymore, got this error two times now after some stress testing :) Have installed lots of software with no problems so i am enjoying the software, smooth experience to add new software :)

Error: Screen09.png
  • »30.07.23 - 19:56
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    cip060
    today it connects via wifi radio online works and easy install also connects and downloads but if I use owb or wayfarer it does not connect host problem
    IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE
    seems to be better only 1 crash in 30 minutes of time demo
    I just got a staggered line change
    further problem does not work well the possibility of having a specific dedicated screen many times it loses it and returns to the same ambient screen
    I noticed that the problem could be when putting personal directories to programs (the global one) (not the specific one for each program)
    From error specific to hollywood player .HWP file
  • »31.07.23 - 10:20
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    cip060
    The problem is that I'm unable to connect to the web. When I use OWB/waifarer,
    I get an error (Error 6: Unable to resolve host name).
    The problem occurs only if I have to navigate with owb/wayfarer
    The rest works the computer is regularly online amirc works and also easy install download and install the programs also amitube works and online radio I listen to music without problems
  • »31.07.23 - 11:32
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    cip060
    The problem is LOOPBACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not Enabled!!!
    it's WORk
  • »31.07.23 - 15:01
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Quote:

cip060 a écrit :
    The problem is LOOPBACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not Enabled!!!
    it's WORk

Nice news! You can test beta 24 ;-)

Easy2Install beta 24

- new archives supported (see explanations in the readme file)
    - added informations messages for archives not supported
    (to rename drawer or/and executable file)

Think, you can launch application with double-click if you have the version number or "Installed, version not found" string ;-)
  • »31.07.23 - 17:14
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    cip060
    Much improved
    the main problem is saving the GLOBAL folder which seems to corrupt the original file giving an error
    if you save the folder for single program it doesn't cause problems
  • »31.07.23 - 18:44
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Quote:

cip060 a écrit :
    Much improved
    the main problem is saving the GLOBAL folder which seems to corrupt the original file giving an error
    if you save the folder for single program it doesn't cause problems

Bizarre, it worked fine in a previous version...

I correct that quickly. Thanks for your quick return ;-)
  • »31.07.23 - 19:05
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    kriz
    Thanks for another update! I can still get the same error though... Shooter 3d is empty btw ?
  • »01.08.23 - 21:51
    Profile Visit Website