New Modern Webkit-based Browser In Development
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

Georg wrote:
    32 bit <-> 64 bit or endianess stuff?

Neither. The problem is with internal layering / draw flattening.
  • »29.10.23 - 02:59
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote: The issue preventing paypal from rendering correctly is present in all v6 builds ... is a bug in WebCore itself, I'm not yet sure I'll be able to fix it. I might have to file a bug report with Apple and have them fix it instead.
    I appreciate all the work you do for MorphOS and significantly with Wayfarer, and Iris, and I am really sure you are already doing all you can to improve all of the features and programs that you work on. 8-)

So, I trust you will do all you can to fix it or if necessary report it, and then we'll just have to see when Apple fixes it if you can't work around this issue. As well as that I feel I should also thank you for saying you are aware that it is actually an issue in v6.x's code, which some users were thinking was merely a cache or setting issue, which I was - as sure as I could be - just didn't feel like it was. 8-D
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »29.10.23 - 02:37
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Georg
    32 bit <-> 64 bit or endianess stuff?
  • »28.10.23 - 17:24
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    The issue preventing paypal from rendering correctly is present in all v6 builds. I am still looking for possible solutions. I have a pretty good idea what causes this by now, but as this is a bug in WebCore itself, I'm not yet sure I'll be able to fix it. I might have to file a bug report with Apple and have them fix it instead.
  • »28.10.23 - 13:40
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    You should delete all cache-files (or rename direktory) to see what happens then. In some cases ther are faulty data, which prevents Wayfarer from working well on some websites.
    At another issue in the past I had to rename file settings/settings.json to work propper. You can try it. If it's not solving your problem, rename it back.

Btw:: Paypal or Ebay is working flawless with V6.5......
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »28.10.23 - 08:55
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Quote:

NewSense a écrit :
    @ Papiosaur - glad someone else is able to confirm my experience with v6.x of Wayfarer, specifically v6.5, though not glad that newer versions than v5.5 are still exhibiting this "white-out", which as you say is quite bizarre ! :-?

Maybe work with MorphOS 3.19 and not 3.18?
  • »28.10.23 - 06:54
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ Papiosaur - glad someone else is able to confirm my experience with v6.x of Wayfarer, specifically v6.5, though not glad that newer versions than v5.5 are still exhibiting this "white-out", which as you say is quite bizarre ! :-?
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »28.10.23 - 06:49
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I can't see any improvement on the main login page for PayPal with v6.5 as I can see in the mini-thumbnail image that is generated at the Tab that all the page has loaded as usual, but the page itself is "blank", just a big white page. :-(

As I move the mouse pointer across the page I can see it change from just the pointer to the text input cursor/pointer, and at other points on the page the clickable link/confirm/enter button, so it changes as you would expect as it passes over specific fields, but there are no input boxes/areas to see, it would be just guess work, to some extent, as to where you are inputting text or confirming something on a clickable link that you cannot see.

For a moment the page loads with the input fields visible, but then just that split second later it all disappears to a white page! :-(

I tried it with Safari, which I used to use as the default setting, and now loads as the default in any case, but even if I reload the page with the FireStick as the User Agent it still remains as a 'white' page with no input, clickable link(s) or icon elements on the screen.

Anything else I should try to get to where some of you seem to be with v6.5? :-?

v5.5 displays the page correctly as it shows in the Tab thumbnail, and the same for the rest of the webpages, just not any Wayfarer versions since then.
  • »28.10.23 - 03:10
  • man
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    man
    perfect
    can crash with youtube but with only chrome for the moment and amazonfirestick
    ok
    thanks
  • »27.10.23 - 19:54
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Thank you!!!
    PayPal works as expected. Going on testing....
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »27.10.23 - 18:31
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    6.5 now out with:

- Updated User-Agent code, Safari is now the default user-agent on new installs
    - Fixed a crash if ahi.device has failed to open
    - Fixed a problem with AdBlock code blocking all requests if loading of its data has failed
  • »27.10.23 - 17:24
    Profile Visit Website
  • man
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    man
    only amazonefirestick work better now after testing with v6.4
  • »27.10.23 - 17:13
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ Amigaharry2 - I have tried v6.2, as well as v6.1 and some of what you say seems to be correct - at least for me, others may have a different (better or worse) experience regarding their findings regarding accessing PayPal. I do not know if the UK site functions differently to the other worldwide sites for PayPal, but with all these sites probably having some subtle nuances to their webpage code that is always possible to be a factor.

@ Piru - I am grateful for your insight, and I do not for a moment imagine that the internet is going to standstill for an Operating System that it has never probably heard of, and will continue to add JavaScript to fucntions that could well do without them, or could be implemented a different way that are not so CPU intensive.

. . . So, if I load v6.2 with JavaScript enabled and using Safari as the User Agent then if I load PayPal to the login screen, then I can see the whole front page of PayPal, that is the login name input area, and the Password input area, as well as the other usual input areas and buttons/clickable links.

If I enter the correct login details then that usually takes me directly to the "Send & Request" page where I cannot see the rest of the fields, apart from the far left edge of the screen that has a thin white vertical strip with a horizontal shadow area across the upper third of the screen, but only about a centimetre in height, and has a white footer area, with a thin dark upper edge that has towards the left side PayPal's name with options going from left to right as Help, Contact Us, Security as the 3 available options.

If I run the mouse cursor across the screen then I can see the mouse pointer change, numerous times, to an action mouse pointer, as though it is going over "buttons" or zones (clickable links) that should be possible to 'click' on, and if I look in the Tab mini-window each dot that represents an icon on screen they are roughly where they seem they would be proportionately to that area in the main screen window in Wayfarer.

The place holders on the page on all the other pages seem to get filled with their images/icons/text as they should do to work correctly, but for some reason this does not appear to be happening on the "Send & Request" page. :-?

Also, once you have been on the "Send & Request" page if you go "Back" in history (Cmd+B) then each an every other page that you visited in that Tab remains "Whited-out" and no details display on that Tab. I seem to remember having this issue as something that jacadcaps had to 'fix' previously of a similar issue, but not in the same context in relation to PayPal.

If I login with the option to go to the Message page (Notifications) then that page is shown as usual, with the same User Agent and JavaScript enabled, so I can read the messages, and open them. If I click on the link to the "Wallet" or Activity page then I can see payments that I have made, or other options.

The English page options available to me on PayPal are "Dashboard", "Home" (Summary), "Crypto", "Send and Request", "Wallet", "Activity", and "Help", and further to the right "Notifications (Bell icon) and "Profile" (sprocket/gear icon). Every one of these apart from "Send & Request" option seems to be working correctly - with v6.2, but not with v6.3 or v6.4.

The only option, clickable button that takes me to a blank page is "Send and Request" - which I can see the mini-Tab representation of which seems to show it has loaded correctly, but I cannot visually see just about any of it actually on screen as it is intended to be viewed. That is definitely in need of greater focus it seems to me, to get that understood and made to work correctly, but how that will be achieved I do not know.

Both v6.3 and v6.4 seem to work much worse in this regard compared to v6.1 & v6.2, though v6.1 & v6.2 are not working as we need them to. :-(

@ jacadcaps - In the meantime then . . . I'll use v5.5 for anything PayPal related - as I can confirm that v5.5 works OK for now. 8-)
  • »25.10.23 - 01:52
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    PayPal works in 6.2! I use it all the time. See pic. The issue starts with V6.3.

V6.2:
    46530268ck.jpg

It works also in 6.4 useing the trick I described above (#1362)!

V6.4:
    46530270hc.jpg

After that all functions of PayPal are available.

[ Editiert durch Amigaharry2 25.10.2023 - 00:38 ]
  • »24.10.23 - 23:37
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    PayPal will be fixed in 6.5. You can always run 5.x if you want to use it now. It'll work OK.

As for WhatsApp: short answer is "not happening". It was re-written to rely on Shared Workers, which is essentially a hidden browser that runs the "application" and communicates with the visible tab. I mostly had this working in 5.x, a HUGE amount of work, but there were two problems:

speed - running an invisible tab doing background processing simply made Wayfarer crawl (JIT would help, but not enough).
    memory/perf - allowing websites to run Shared Workers would impact Wayfarer's perf in general

In other words: use your phone.
  • »24.10.23 - 17:55
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    analogkid
    Is there a trick or strategy to get WhatsApp Web back working again?
  • »24.10.23 - 13:23
  • MorphOS Developer
    Piru
    @NewSense

You need to understand that it is nearly impossible to try to figure out why certain specific website fails to load. There are thousands of small things that can go wrong, and each one of them can lead to problems rendering or loading the site. Modern websites are dynamic and tied together with JavaScript.

Things get even more complicated with modern sites that are related to payments: They go their way to obfuscate their function and behaviour and also often attempt to identify malicious behaviour. Unfortunately sometimes "odd behaviour" (such as slow processing) is identified as malicious or bot like as well.

Finally: Websites are not constant and keep changing and evolving. Even if you would A) identify the problem and B) fix it somehow, it could be broken again any moment.

In short: Don't hold your breath.
  • »24.10.23 - 12:13
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ man & Amigaharry2 - Thanks both for the suggestions, and 'temp' solutions . . . however . . . 8-)

I don't need to go back on PayPal for the moment, thank goodness!!

So, hopefully jacadcaps will have figured out where the issue(s) is/are by the time I need to go back there again, and so I won't need to go 'fiddling' about with toggling JavaScript on/off like some sort of maniac! :-D
  • »24.10.23 - 09:34
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Load PayPal without Javscript. Enter Username + passwod. After entering password, enable JS again, before confirming.
  • »24.10.23 - 08:03
  • man
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    man
    have you tried to reload the page from paypal with no javascript?
    it works for me. or wait for new wayfarer
  • »24.10.23 - 07:44
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Tried that, front page displayed to login, but then whether I had JavaScript enabled or not made no other visible difference on pages after that, AFAIK. :-(
  • »24.10.23 - 05:44
  • man
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    man
    try for the moment no javascript for paypal in the beginning then when the password active javascript.
    sames problems with ebay
  • »24.10.23 - 04:51