New Modern Webkit-based Browser In Development
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    hCaptcha has never worked. No idea why - remember this stuff is written with the goal to be very very hard to debug.

As for areena.yle.fi/audio, I'll try to figure this out when I have a moment. It loads the MP3 just fine, it never seems to want to start the playback though.

I am aware that Telegram no longer works.
  • »07.12.21 - 15:50
    Profile Visit Website
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:
    hCaptcha has never worked. No idea why - remember this stuff is written with the goal to be very very hard to debug.

Does that page (https://www.k-ruoka.fi/) not work directly for you, either? One other user tested the page with freshly installed Wayfarer, and for him it opens directly! But I am redirected always to the checking, even with fresh installation. For comparison, Linux browsers with the same hardware and net connection do not have that issue.

So, what can cause this kind of problem...? Is the issue in MOS network software or settings?

Quote:

As for areena.yle.fi/audio, I'll try to figure this out when I have a moment. It loads the MP3 just fine, it never seems to want to start the playback though.

Thanks! That would be a wellcome improvement as most PPC Linux browsers do not anymore work with that site.
  • »08.12.21 - 09:08
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Jumping forward or backward (by mouseclick on timeline) in YT-video does'nt work anymore.......
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »25.12.21 - 19:10
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I'm due to swap to a new ISP plus.net in the next week or so, but I find that Wayfarer with Safari, or any other User Agent, cannot connect, as there is an SSL error (35: SSL connect error) generated with this site that it doesn't seem to get past.

If I use OWB v1.25, then I can access this site as I should be able to, it is just Wayfarer that cannot/won't access it. :-(

Is anyone else using this ISP in the UK, that is also using MorphOS/Wayfarer?

Is there a fix for this site? :-?
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »07.01.22 - 13:04
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    @NewSense
    This is a case of OpenSSL's default security level VS a shitty server. We'll make it work like in other browsers in the next release.

@Amigaharry2
    Some extra detail would be in order here: are you using iOS spoofing or MediaSource playback? Unfortunately I don't really have the time to look into this right now, so it'll likely be addressed in Wayfarer 3, once that's ready.

[ Edited by jacadcaps 07.01.2022 - 16:49 ]
  • »07.01.22 - 16:47
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    Piru
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    I'm due to swap to a new ISP plus.net in the next week or so, but I find that Wayfarer with Safari, or any other User Agent, cannot connect, as there is an SSL error (35: SSL connect error) generated with this site that it doesn't seem to get past.

While jacek already gave you the beef, here are the technical details in case someone really wants to know what happened there. The gist of it is that OpenSSL Team decided to do the following change for OpenSSL 3:

Quote:

The security strength of SHA1 and MD5 based signatures in TLS has been reduced.

This results in SSL 3, TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1 and DTLS 1.0 no longer working at the default security level of 1 and instead requires security level 0. The security level can be changed either using the cipher string with @SECLEVEL, or calling SSL_CTX_set_security_level(3). This also means that where the signature algorithms extension is missing from a ClientHello then the handshake will fail in TLS 1.2 at security level 1. This is because, although this extension is optional, failing to provide one means that OpenSSL will fallback to a default set of signature algorithms. This default set requires the availability of SHA1.

(source: https://www.openssl.org/docs/man3.0/man7/migration_guide.html)

This change in practical terms appears as openssl commit aba03ae571ea677fc484daef00a21ca8f7e82708

This reduction of security means that any application using openssl 3 with default security level 1 will no longer offer SHA1 algorithms when connecting to a remote server. Normally this is not a problem. However, in case of www.plus.net this is fatal as the server ONLY supports SHA1 signature algorithm. Thus the server decides to not allow the client to connect at all.

So this is a combination of poor configuration of the www.plus.net server with the unfortunately decision from OpenSSL team to enforce such security decision.

To fix this we could have done several things:
    - downgrade to openssl 1.1.1
    - change Wayfarer (and Iris) application to set SECLEVEL to 0.
    - force openssl 3 build to default to SECLEVEL of 0.

None of these options were very attractive. OpenSSL 3 is the way to forward and going back would have been silly. Dropping the security level to 0 would have been a bad idea as well because doing that reduces the security on other fronts as well, not only the SHA1 decision.

In the end the specific code block reducing the security was just disabled. This surgically fixes the issue without need to touch SECLEVEL itself.
  • »07.01.22 - 17:20
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    @jacadcaps:

Spoofing to anything makes no difference. Mediaplayback is on.
    Some weeks ago, it was possible to jump forwards or backwars by moving the slider (picture) with mouse-pointer (did'nt change settings). Now it's not possible any more.......

42787017bv.jpg
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »07.01.22 - 19:08
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

Piru wrote: (reply to NewSense thread #929) While jacek already gave you the beef, here are the technical details in case someone really wants to know what happened there. The gist of it is that OpenSSL Team decided to do the following change for OpenSSL 3: [...The security strength of SHA1 and MD5 based signatures in TLS has been reduced...]

In the end the specific code block reducing the security was just disabled. This surgically fixes the issue without need to touch SECLEVEL itself.

I really appreciate you guys (jacadcaps - aka Jacek & Piru - aka Harry) fixing things so they work with inferior security mechanisms. You'd have thought an ISP would have had a better security system understanding, and keep it up to the latest security mechanisms, to access their site seeing as they (PlusNet) are providing broadband services throughout the UK-GB. :-)
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »08.01.22 - 00:48
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

Amigaharry2 wrote:
    @jacadcaps:

Some weeks ago, it was possible to jump forwards or backwars by moving the slider (picture) with mouse-pointer (did'nt change settings). Now it's not possible any more.......

It may be that YouTube has changed something at their end... I'm pretty sure that I was earlier able to jump to a new position in the video just by clicking the wanted position on the slider, on both Wayfarer and my tablet, but now neither of them does that anymore.

I now found that I can jump to a new position on the tablet by dragging while pressing any position at the slider (no need to grab the knob either), but that trick doesn't seem to work with Wayfarer. Maybe Wayfarer/MUI takes such an action for something else, because mouse pointer changes to a text cursor when I try to do it.. and then many times the only result is that the whole video area changes to blue like marked text.
  • »08.01.22 - 09:48
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Thanks! Made exact the same experience.....
  • »08.01.22 - 10:00
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    After calling this non existing website http://www.vanvanfan.at/forum/ , Wayfarer seems to hang and does'nt come back....
    What happened here?
  • »08.01.22 - 22:43
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:

Wayfarer 3

:-)
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »08.01.22 - 23:02
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

Amigaharry2 wrote:
    After calling this non existing website http://www.vanvanfan.at/forum/ , Wayfarer seems to hang and does'nt come back....
    What happened here?

Not sure what you mean. It returns immediately with "6: Couldn't resolve host name" here... Something with your DNS perhaps?
  • »08.01.22 - 23:29
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Primax
    @Jacek

Should video playback on YouTube work with Radeon RX 1650...? Black screen here...:(
    AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon X1650 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition / MorphOS 3.17
    Amiga1200 / Blizzard 1230 IV PiStorm32-lite / 128 MB RAM / AmigaOS 3.9
  • »09.01.22 - 08:03
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Quote:

jacadcaps schrieb:
    Not sure what you mean. It returns immediately with "6: Couldn't resolve host name" here... Something with your DNS perhaps?

I know now that this URL is shut-down, but here it does'nt do anything after calling this site. No message "Can't resolve.....", etc. I even cannot return to last page manually, nor loading any other site. Wayfarer seems to hang in a endless(?) loading loop and have to be quit (quitting works!). DNS works in all other cases flawless.....
    This behaviour I've only seen at this (now) closed URL. It's a forum for motorcycles, whitch seems to be shut down a few days ago. I did'nt know this, thus I tried to call it. Could that be influenced by HD-cache? Maybe it's time to clear the cache ....?
  • »09.01.22 - 09:59
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    ernsteiswuerfel
    Quote:

Primax schrieb:
    Should video playback on YouTube work with Radeon RX 1650...? Black screen here...:(

Got a Radeon X1650 in my G5 11,2 and video playback works very well in Wayfarer. Maybe an Altivec issue?
    Talos II. [Gentoo Linux] | PMac G5 11,2. PMac G4 3,6. PBook G4 5,8. [MorphOS 3.18 / Gentoo Linux] | Vampire V4 SA [ApolloOS / Amiga OS 3.2.2]
  • »09.01.22 - 12:27
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Mozzerfan
    Quote:

Primax wrote:
    @Jacek

It should work. I have a sam460 with x1550 and youtube works fine, so it can't be an altivec problem.
    Have you tried spoofing as Safari/Ios?

Edit:Did you copy the cgxvideo.library in the wayfarer drawer to mossys:libs?
    It's important you copy it to mossys:libs and NOT sys:libs
    After you copied the library you should reboot your system.

[ Edited by Mozzerfan 09.01.2022 - 14:45 ]
  • »09.01.22 - 14:02
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Tom01
    Why is amiga-news.de not working on Wayfarer?
  • »09.01.22 - 14:16
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Primax
    @Tom01

Why should amiga-news.de not work with Wayfarer?
    I even write and edit my news with it ;)

But I have now a much bigger problem: I cannot boot into MorphOS any longer :(
    I see the blue butterfly and then a wihte screen...I used now my USB and I see that the system harddrive is full. Is that normal? 0% free, 8GB full. And I see a red bar on the icon. This definitely was not there before...Any ideas?

THanks!!

[ Editiert durch Primax 09.01.2022 - 16:40 ]
    AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon X1650 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition / MorphOS 3.17
  • »09.01.22 - 15:44
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

Primax wrote:
    Is that normal? 0% free, 8GB full. And I see a red bar on the icon. This definitely was not there before...Any ideas?

You should run SFSDoctor on it.
  • »09.01.22 - 16:28
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Primax
    Thanks!

After launching it, I cannot see the system partition. Only after selecting 'View all'.
    After that, a message appears (translated from German): Handling non-SFS-partitions is dangerous.
    I continued and then could select DH0.
    Then I did choose 'Check Volume'.
    - check root blocks
    - Error: Could not read rootblock in block 0
    - There are errors in the file system structure. It is recommended to back up the data and repair this partition.

Additionally a second windows appears: Error while checking the system. Block 10990838 invalid identifier

And now? How can I repair it? Choosing 'Scan volume'?
  • »09.01.22 - 17:01
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    KennyR
    Either your HDD/SSD has failed or the partition or RDB has become corrupted. I'm afraid that you'll have to try to recover your files to somewhere else, reformat and reinstall MorphOS.

While it is possible that an app could have caused this, it is vanishingly unlikely. I guess your filesystem could have been corrupt for a while, and extra activity has pushed it over the edge. Or it's a physical device failure, in which case the new install will just become corrupt after a time too - or completely fail to reformat.
  • »09.01.22 - 19:09
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Primax
    Thanks for your help.

But before I format the partition and reinstall MorphOS on it, I could at least try to apply SFSDoctor on it and see if it helps...?

(please apologize for mixing up the thread; I will definitely open a new one if I have to reinstall MorphOS)

[ Editiert durch Primax 09.01.2022 - 20:15 ]
  • »09.01.22 - 20:07
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Tom01
    deleted

[ Edited by Tom01 09.01.2022 - 21:56 ]
  • »09.01.22 - 21:47
    Profile Visit Website
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

Primax wrote:

But I have now a much bigger problem: I cannot boot into MorphOS any longer :(
    I see the blue butterfly and then a wihte screen...I used now my USB and I see that the system harddrive is full. Is that normal? 0% free, 8GB full. And I see a red bar on the icon. This definitely was not there before...Any ideas?

When you see the butterfly boot image, it means that it can load something from the partition, which means it isn't totally broken. Maybe it just stucks at boot when it can't write something to HDD because it's full?

When you boot from the installation media, can you see files on the partition? Can you check directory sizes and see if there's some huge dir for some reason that would explain why it's full? Are you using some other filesystem for the system partition because it isn't shown in SFSDoctor? What does the Info command tell you in the shell?

Also if you can access the files, do a backup before trying to delete any file to make space or any other write operation.

[ Edited by jPV 10.01.2022 - 06:50 ]
  • »10.01.22 - 05:47
    Profile Visit Website