New Modern Webkit-based Browser In Development
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    That is, apart from ext2/ext3 (v0.48 updated in 2021) (from the Linux realm) which we have a filesystem for, but I cannot remember it being advertised as being useful, but it does seem to be capable of storing 16GB of data in one filesize . . .

I think ext2/ext3 are the best options for larger files for us, and in my impression they are stable solutions and the only draw-back is that they don't support Amiga/MorphOS file properties. But for storing generic files, like large image files, they should be just fine.

Quote:

but how you get the data file over from a SFS or FAT filesystem, where usually you would activate Wayfarer from to download such a large file - as if the file is over 4GB then that could not be stored on a SFS or FAT filesystem to then be transferred to the EXT2 filesystem media? :-?

Set the Downloads Path setting in Wayfarer directly to the EXT2 partition, then it doesn't download the files to other location first. It's a bit clumsy solution, but hopefully jaca will fix it in the new downloader code :)

Quote:

The EXT2 filesystem also seems to be quite troublesome to setup on MorphOS, or has this been made simpler than downloading and working through the process with GiggleDisk by Guido 'geit' Mersmann?

GiggleDisk isn't needed in the process anymore, you can mount EXT partitions with the bundled Mounter tool. You can also create mountlists with it by clicking the Mount on Boot button, it'll save a mountlist to DEVS:DOSDrivers then.

One thing I'm not sure is that can you create an EXT partition with other than MBR partition table... so it might be difficult to get such a partition on your system HD which has a MAC/RDB partition table. I've only used it on external USB devices.

And if you want files bigger than 16GB... in theory it depends on the block size that's been set. 1024 bytes block size makes max file size to 16GB, 2048 would increase it to 256GB, 4096 to 2TB, etc. I have forgotten how did I format my external 2TB backup HD to EXT, but I think I did it under Linux and probably used block size or 4096 bytes (4kB) to get larger file sizes. In any case I have now a 240GB rawdisk image copy of my system HD on it, and it seems to work. I can mount it to copy files from/to it etc. as described here.
  • »21.11.23 - 07:42
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

jPV wrote: Set the Downloads Path setting in Wayfarer directly to the EXT2 partition, then it doesn't download the files to other location first. It's a bit clumsy solution, but hopefully jaca will fix it in the new downloader code :)
    I thought that would be a workable solution, but I just wanted some advice from a user that has used it. The workaround, as you state, is a bit 'clunky-clumsy' a solution, but any solution is better than none! 8-D
    Quote:

jPV wrote: GiggleDisk isn't needed in the process anymore, you can mount EXT partitions with the bundled Mounter tool. You can also create mountlists with it by clicking the Mount on Boot button, it'll save a mountlist to DEVS:DOSDrivers then.
    Ok, and the Mounter tool was also written by the same author of the EXT2 filesystem, Marek Szyprowski, so that's got to be a good thing - as the person who wrote it has got to know its functions better than some other 3rd party. ;-)
    Quote:

jPV wrote: One thing I'm not sure is that can you create an EXT partition with other than MBR partition table... so it might be difficult to get such a partition on your system HD which has a MAC/RDB partition table. I've only used it on external USB devices.
    If I have a 'fresh'/empty HDD then I could surely create a partition with a RDB structure using HDConfig and then use Mounter to partition it as required, or convert it to an EXT2 or EXT3 filesystem! 8-)
    Quote:

jPV wrote: And if you want files bigger than 16GB... in theory it depends on the block size that's been set. 1024 bytes block size makes max file size to 16GB, 2048 would increase it to 256GB, 4096 to 2TB, etc. I have forgotten how did I format my external 2TB backup HD to EXT, but I think I did it under Linux and probably used block size or 4096 bytes (4kB) to get larger file sizes...]
    Thanks for the guidance, and I'll bear that in mind as a solution to a problem I thought was going to be more difficult to overcome! 8-D
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »21.11.23 - 09:14
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Comment #1404 {link}, which [...] means that a full DVD, which is
    > usually over 4GB cannot be stored on most of our supported filesystems.
    > That is, apart from ext2/ext3 [...] which we have a filesystem for

...and (apart from apparently non-recommended IceFS) also ExFAT and NTFS-3G.

> would it be possible to [...] have the downloads directory on the
    > EXT2 filesystem media and save the download on that filesystem
    > for it to be used from there?

Certainly. And the medium with such partition can also be an internal one.

> would it be possible to launch Jalapeno either from such a (EXT2)
    > filesystem and/or get it to create a DVD that is as full as a DVD-R/W
    > can be, even via concatenation by using the EXT2 filesystem?

I see no reason why it wouldn't.
  • »21.11.23 - 10:47
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    >> I'm not sure [...] that can you create an EXT partition with other than
    >> MBR partition table... so it might be difficult to get such a partition
    >> on your system HD which has a MAC/RDB partition table.

> If I have a 'fresh'/empty HDD then I could surely create a partition
    > with a RDB structure using HDConfig

MBR is said above to be the partition table/map that will most likely be able to hold an ext2/ext3 partition. Of course, you may try with the one you prefer (MAC/APM or RDB), especially with internal drives, and see if that works.

> and then use Mounter to partition it as required, or convert it to an
    > EXT2 or EXT3 filesystem! 8-)

Mounter isn't capable of partitioning drives or changing filesystems of partitions. It only does what it says on the tin: mounting existing partitions with the filesystem they're formatted with.
    Partitioning and selecting filesystem for later formatting is done in HDConfig.
  • »21.11.23 - 11:12
  • JKD
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    JKD
    Hi, I seem to be having issues logging into YouTube with my google account in 6,6, says can't login securely no matter what Browser I spoof.
  • »21.11.23 - 20:17
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Do you have 2FA set up for your Google account?

It could also be one of Google's plots to make you use Chrome... there's usually some well hidden button that'll let you continue.
  • »22.11.23 - 01:46
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Templario
    Some trick to see Japan kanji symbols on Wayfarer?
  • »22.11.23 - 11:30
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    No tricks necessary. Simply install some kanji TTF fonts.
  • »22.11.23 - 15:27
    Profile Visit Website
    Templario
    Quote:

jacadcaps escribió:
    No tricks necessary. Simply install some kanji TTF fonts.

Ok, thank you for your answer.
  • »23.11.23 - 09:42
  • man
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    man
    Quote:

JKD a écrit :
    Hi, I seem to be having issues logging into YouTube with my google account in 6,6, says can't login securely no matter what Browser I spoof.

perhaps no pub and amazon stick
  • »23.11.23 - 10:56
  • JKD
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    JKD
    Quote:

man wrote:
    Quote:

JKD a écrit :

perhaps no pub and amazon stick

Thank you, it needed Amazon Stick Spoof.
  • »25.11.23 - 19:12
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    OK, writing this from Wayfarer 7... Rebased to WebKitGTK 2.42.2. It's been the toughest one I've done so far. I've had to effectively fork the networking backend, fix countless compilation issues due to type changes, etc and even an endianness bug that crept into JavaScriptCore. Fun times! Still, the new version is now in testing and will hopefully land on wayfarer.icu in a week or two.
  • »26.11.23 - 03:20
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Quote:

jacadcaps schrieb:
    OK, writing this from Wayfarer 7... Rebased to WebKitGTK 2.42.2. It's been the toughest one I've done so far. I've had to effectively fork the networking backend, fix countless compilation issues due to type changes, etc and even an endianness bug that crept into JavaScriptCore. Fun times! Still, the new version is now in testing and will hopefully land on wayfarer.icu in a week or two.

Sweet! You are quite an example of nerd. In the most positive manner!

[ Editiert durch Zylesea 26.11.2023 - 14:36 ]
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »26.11.23 - 09:47
    Profile Visit Website
  • man
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    man
    jacadcaps never stop (thanks)

no pub can help when you want to go to your account again if blocked

that 's really strange no errors now or bug ( i don t know if it's withcleaner 3)
  • »26.11.23 - 10:35
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Wayfarer 7.0 is now available for download!

This is the 7th time Wayfarer was rebased to a latest stable WebKitGTK, meaning the MorphOS patches have been re-applied to a new branch. This release also marks the project's 4th anniversary.

This has been the most challenging update so far. Several new endian issues have crept into WebKit, with one of them causing an immediate crash when running JavaScript on big endian CPUs. The removal of some of the WinCairo port has also made it more difficult to maintain the MorphOS port. Many of the code paths that the MorphOS port is using aren't being used by the officially supported ports, which requires additional testing and bug fixing.

With this in mind, please show your support by donating to the project.

Version 7.0 is now available for auto-updating, which is the recommended way of installing updates. Please check the history page for the full list of changes in this release.
  • »05.12.23 - 20:29
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Crashes here: Need AmiSSL V6!
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »05.12.23 - 22:59
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    @Amigaharry2

First of all, Wayfarer does NOT use AmiSSL. What it uses is openssl3.library, of which version 6 came with MorphOS 3.18. I'd check if your 3.18 installation is correct. You are possibly running a new boot.img but old system files.

[ Edited by jacadcaps 06.12.2023 - 12:19 ]
  • »06.12.23 - 00:13
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    I'm sorry - was late yesterday - I know that Amissl st AOS - not MOS. Wayfarer asks not for Amissl but openssl3.library V6.
    I checked my installation immediately and you're right: in System:libs was a older version of this library! I cannot explain, why it is there (MosSYS:libs is on last version).

Thank you

[ Editiert durch Amigaharry2 06.12.2023 - 09:12 ]
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »06.12.23 - 08:45
  • man
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    man
    i think we have to not use the adblocker for anything with a password (ex paypal)
    thanks for all
  • »06.12.23 - 18:11
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Why?
  • »06.12.23 - 18:15
  • man
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    man
    that doesn t work with the adblocker perhaps
  • »06.12.23 - 18:22
    analogkid
    Thanks for this update! :)

One question: Is there any way to speed up writing articles in Wordpress? After typing a character the browser needs a few seconds to be able to get any new character, so it's quite unusable in typing whole texts.
  • »06.12.23 - 19:06
  • man
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    man
    so it s javascript problem when you want to change email
  • »06.12.23 - 19:12
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Quote:

man schrieb:
    that doesn t work with the adblocker perhaps

No, not here - works fine!
  • »06.12.23 - 21:29
    Cool_amigaN
    It certainly faster on page rendering and scrolling. Unbelievable stuff! That fact that I am browsing the web under a such smooth experience with a 23 year's old computer, is just surreal.

On the other hand a have a little feature request, is it possible to have an optional speed dial starting page a la Vivaldi?
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »06.12.23 - 22:06
    Profile Visit Website