- Fixed a bad free call in the media decoder
    - Disabled some stray debug
  • »27.11.22 - 15:14
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

Tomtom76 wrote:
    https://www.2ix2.com/ - works with Chrome user agent but sound spooky. Perfect for Haloween but is it possible to fix that somehow? Unless someone can direct me to live tv website which works with Wayfarer. Thanks :-)

I've spent a considerable amount of time trying to debug this and it appears to be a bug in ffmpeg itself (happens with versions 3, 4 and 5 at least). I'll see if I can find the time to report a bug to ffmpeg, but unless they decide to fix it, I'm afraid it's not going to be improved in Wayfarer.
  • »27.11.22 - 15:24
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    A small bug crept in and the archive was just updated. The correct Wayfarer binary has an md5 of 0bf585270f7f2246a47ab47f88279a8e.

Please re-download if you've already installed 4.4.
  • »27.11.22 - 19:00
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    matt3
    Can't connect to my NAS any longer.

Getting an error:
    With HTTPS:
    92: Stream error in the HTTP/2 framing layer

With HTTP:
    Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
    Reason: You're speaking plain HTTP to an SSL-enabled server port.
    Instead use the HTTPS scheme to access this URL, please.
  • »28.11.22 - 23:00
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Does it happen with 4.3 as well? Sure it wasn’t some update to your NAS that broke things?
  • »28.11.22 - 23:53
    Profile Visit Website
    matt3
    The NAS has a firewall update the other week, not sure if that could have caused it. But my windows pc doesn't have any issues.

4.3 still has the same issue. The last time I logged into the nas was on my other box. I installed SSL and the security update for 3.17.

I tried the refresh and it didn't work.

I know the NAS requires HTTPS to connect and I'm using a different port so I have to put it in the url. (192.168.0.1:321).

This isn't critical since smbfs still works fine (although with multiple shares it loses itself, but perfectly stable with 1 share.) and that is what truly important to me.

Just strange that it used to work on the other box and not this one. May I have a setting I have overlooked...
  • »29.11.22 - 16:53
    matt3
    Yes sir. I enter the entire https://192.168.0.1:321

For the fun of it I booted up my Powerbook and guess what, it worked just fine. I'm not sure I get it at this point... :).

To recap. I just got a 2.7 Powermac into production with a fresh install of 3.17. Installed SSL and the security update. This system as far as I know never connected to the Nas via the web interface. This system is pretty much identical to the 2.3 that I retired because of ram issues that impacted my accounting software (funny as it did run the web interface).

I tried to look at the network settings (using the onboard gigabit nic just like I did on the 2.3), Wayfarer, and reinstalled SSL.

Strange. Again, not the most critical thing to worry about...

Thanks guys,

M

Quote:

jPV wrote:
    Quote:

matt3 wrote:
    I know the NAS requires HTTPS to connect and I'm using a different port so I have to put it in the url. (192.168.0.1:321).

Just to make sure you enter https://192.168.0.1:321 and not just the address without the scheme?
  • »29.11.22 - 18:34
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    @matt

Sent you a PM with a link to a test version. Let me know if that one works.
  • »01.12.22 - 00:33
    Profile Visit Website
    matt3
    Thanks much for the awesome support!

Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:
    @matt

Sent you a PM with a link to a test version. Let me know if that one works.
  • »01.12.22 - 03:36
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    4.5 is now out to address an issue with libcURL and HTTP/2.
  • »02.12.22 - 13:32
    Profile Visit Website
    Stevo
    \0/
    ---
    http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/logs/its_only_football.txt
  • »02.12.22 - 17:25
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    pffft! Updates come quicker then I can test.....
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »02.12.22 - 19:30
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ jacadcaps - I was going to mention yesterday, but I managed to get logged in, though it may have been with v4.3, though it was v4.4 that I was having issues with accessing ebay UK site - Signing In with, that I hadn't been having with v4.3, usually related to the HTTP/2 framing layer, the actual message:

Error loading www.ebay.co.uk
    92: Stream error in the HTTP/2 framing layer

. . . that was the message that I got more often than others with v4.4, but often the login process was taking too long and it sometimes just gave a timing out error message, because it had taken too long to process the request.

It still seems to be the case with v4.5! :-? . . . at least for me, sadly. :-(

I have deleted all my cookies, which I also did with v4.4, so that is not one of the factors as far as I can tell. 8-)

I enter my password and wait, and wait, and then I get either the time out message or the HTTP/2 message, but if I click the bookmark link again I can then usually, find that the login process has completed, but the page errored before completing the entire process.

After I have used v4.4 or v4.5 I seem to have issues using v4.3, prior to any reboot, so I don't know if it is affecting the network in some way, leaving some error in the network itself that then affects using the system, which seems weird I know but I cannot explain it any other way . . . well not at the moment! :-D

I even got . . .

Error loading morph.zone
    52: Server returned nothing (no headers, no data)

and . . .

SSL Error loading www.amazon.co.uk
    35: SSL connect error

However, even transferring from one page to another often causes one of the two message to occur, and I have to try again, and it is getting quite frustrating using Wayfarer v4.5, or v4.4 on many websites as I get such messages. I am wondering if it would be better for me to swap back to v4.3 for the time being, until whatever these issues are get isolated and addressed so I can have confidence that Wayfarer is back to normal! 8-D
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »03.12.22 - 00:14
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    @NewSense

Sure you're not just having issues with your Internet connection? https://ebay.co.uk loads just fine for me with 4.5. Same for https://www.amazon.co.uk.

Do let us know if 4.3 is better. Hint: https://wayfarer.icu/history has links to old versions.
  • »03.12.22 - 00:23
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ jacadcaps - Nope! It doesn't seem to be my internet access as I can stream TV from my internet connection when I want to without any issues, and use other online utilities with MorphOS, just Wayfarer seems to be having issues.

Actually I seem to remember v4.3 did have a few error 'time-outs' over the period I have been using it, but nothing as significant as currently with v4.4 and v4.5.

I've been able to get access using v4.3 now, after a reboot, but I just couldn't get on using v4.4 or v4.5 consistently, or even barely, after plenty of attempts to do so, in fact so many that I eventually just gave up.

I just got an error using Wayfarer v4.3 to do with the HTTP/2 framing layer, which seemed to be the reason why you've re-worked v4.4 and then released v4.5. So, I don't know whether it is worthy of mentioning, but anyway here it is . . .

Error loading archive.org
    16: Error in the HTTP2 framing layer
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »03.12.22 - 01:05
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    I have inferior results on these tests on my G5 2.5GHz compare to a AMD Ryzen 7 3700U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.30 GHz.

A limitation of datatypes or network ?

[ Edité par Papiosaur 03.12.2022 - 09:53 ]
  • »03.12.22 - 09:49
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    @newsense: as Jacad wrote, logging in to ebay.uk from here works flawless. You may try a login with OWB (works too), to find out, whether there is a problem with your net.
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »03.12.22 - 09:56
  • MorphOS Developer
    Piru
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote:
    I have inferior results on these tests on my G5 2.5GHz compare to a AMD Ryzen 7 3700U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.30 GHz.

Number of things:
    - Just in CPU grunt the 3700U is probably tens of times faster (*)
    - Memory latency and bandwidth are maybe ten times better (*)
    - Any graphics operations are GPU accelerated
    - amd64 browsers have JIT
    - Network driver and network stack is far more optimal

*) These are guestimates, it's really hard to find any common numbers to compare against.

This being said, Wayfarer itself is damn impressive in spite of all the disadvantages in place. You can get some idea how good it is if you try to run some PPC Linux on the G5 and try some of the browsers there.
  • »03.12.22 - 14:43
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Quote:

Piru a écrit :
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote:

Number of things:
    - Just in CPU grunt the 3700U is probably tens of times faster (*)
    - Memory latency and bandwidth are maybe ten times better (*)
    - Any graphics operations are GPU accelerated
    - amd64 browsers have JIT
    - Network driver and network stack is far more optimal

*) These are guestimates, it's really hard to find any common numbers to compare against.

This being said, Wayfarer itself is damn impressive in spite of all the disadvantages in place. You can get some idea how good it is if you try to run some PPC Linux on the G5 and try some of the browsers there.

Thanks a lot Piru for your explanations!
  • »03.12.22 - 15:47
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    wicknix
    Quote:

You can get some idea how good it is if you try to run some PPC Linux on the G5 and try some of the browsers there.

Not taking anything away from Wayfarer or MorphOS, as both are indeed very impressive. However browsers on PPC Linux smoke Wayfarer in page loading times. It's even more noticeable a G4. I still use OWB for general browsing because it's insanely fast and still loads most sites, and i bust out Wayfarer for stubborn sites like github when needed.

Skip to 1:25 in this video to see current Otter browser on a 1.3ghz 12" PowerBook G4 running Void Linux. Sorry for the lack of video quality. PowerPC Challenge 2022

I also have no issues with Arctic Fox, InterWeb, Pale Moon, Firefox 68/78, Surf, QuteBrowser etc, so i really don't understand your statement.

Cheers
  • »03.12.22 - 20:07
    Profile Visit Website