• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    In relation to Microzeit dot com - that I reported at Comment #1535 the same behaviour also happens on PayPal [dot] com / signin because in order to try to use Wayfarer with Discogs I deleted my cookies, so when I went to login at PayPal it asked me for my login name-email but once the page had loaded nothing seemed to work, and no text appeared in the top text input requester for my login name details, and nothing seemed to happen when the other gadgets/buttons were clicked on.

. . . Then . . . I remembered the issue with Microzeit and decided to just move the rezise gadget, ever so slightly, at the bottom right corner of the browser page, and Hey Presto, that revealed the same issue as Microzeit . . .

Wayfarer is seemingly just not refreshing the browser page on PayPal in the same way as it fails to do so with Mircozeit. As what I had typed was actually in the text input frame but was not shown in the browser without this 'manual page refresh'.

Not even a forced refresh using Cmd+r/R made any difference to what was in view.

It takes a manual mouse/cursor moving of that resize gadget to refresh the page to make these details visible, and only up to what had been typed, as no sooner had the manual refresh with the window resize gadget been done the page was "frozen" once again, at the moment the refresh was completed. So, if you'd only typed part of your username or email, then that's all you'll still see, and it takes a "blind" type of whatever else is needed to be typed into that field to complete it, and then another refresh for the window to be active for you to input those details with the return / enter key or a click on the input button - IIRC. 8-D

I hope this issue gets fixed quickly, or incorporated in v8 of Wayfarer, also as soon as possible. ;-)

[UPDATE] - regarding the Discogs - logging in issue - that relates to Discogs Thread #1531 here on Morph-Zone. I heard back from their support team, and after a couple of back-and-forth messages, I actually managed to login as normal, using Wayfarer v7.8, and got to look around, so accessing the site with Wayfarer v7.8 is possible. :-D

I then found some item I was interested in, but then comes the next problem reCAPTCHA - Oh yes, it's the same problem as before a constant rotating half-circle/arc with no sign of the puzzle square appearing, that's what occurs when you've used Wayfarer for a while and not quit and restarted it.

However, once it's been quit and restarted it allows the reCAPTCHA PUZZLE-IMAGE Square to load, and you can click, and "check" the squares as required, and after a short while the puzzles are solved and the reCPATCHA mechanism allows you to continue ...

BUT THEN ... comes into view some dark foreboding gloomy Cloudflare so there is then no way to complete it, so no way to send a message. :-(

Currently with Wayfarer I think Discogs is a NO-GO for us, due to Cloudflare

Using Wayfarer for a while seems to 'clog-up' (upset the stability) of some of the internal code of Wayfarer, probably JavaScript, from working correctly to manage the reCAPTCHA engine, but a quit and restart seems to settle it all back to work OK again, but Cloudflare is a completely different problem, that is currently unsurpassable! :-(
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »02.04.24 - 06:41