Iris - An upcoming E-Mail client blog
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    emeck
    Quote:

ernsteiswuerfel wrote:

Looks like I may need to resort to Thunderbird or some other bloated E-Mail client on Linux after all. Claws is nice, slim & fast but Oauth2 support in it's current state is a mess. :-(

I also had problems authenticating to Yahoo mail and Gmail with Claws, but after setting an app password for Claws with both services it is working fine in my pi.

Of course, Iris works out of the box :)
    PowerBook 5.2 MorphOS 3.15
    PowerBook 5.8 MorphOS 3.15
    Amiga 1200 BPPC/BVision AOS4.1 FE
  • »04.06.22 - 16:41
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    sailor
    With improvement of Iris Mail and Wayfarer I can again use my Pegasos 2 and now also Mac Mini like main home computers for browsing and messaging.

In past I am using Pegasos 2 with Yam for many years, but during the time Yam stayed for me unusable due to missing IMAP. So last several years I used Mozilla + Thunderbird ( or web client ).

Today I wrote again my first email over the last few years on Pegasos 2. And this post is written also on Pegasos.

So many thanks @jacadcaps! And thanks to all involved.
    That is very nice.

I have only little request - please, is it possible to show on message list which messages have attachment?
    I am absolutely not sure, how complex this addition is for coder, but I'm very used to it.
    AmigaOS: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOneX1000
    MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook G4, Mac Mini, iMac G5, Powermac G5 Quad
  • »07.06.22 - 20:14
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    @sailor:

IMAP doesn't actually pass this information in the mail headers - you need to download the whole mime message structure to know whether there are attachments in a mail or not. I've chosen not to do this for one simple reason - speed. Fetching the whole message structure would have made index synchronization at least 5-6 times slower.

That said, I'll have to see if I can obtain this info asynchronously once the index is downloaded.

[ Edited by jacadcaps 09.06.2022 - 15:34 ]
  • »09.06.22 - 13:33
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    sailor
    @jacadcaps
    thank you!
    AmigaOS: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOneX1000
    MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook G4, Mac Mini, iMac G5, Powermac G5 Quad
  • »10.06.22 - 07:06
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Haven't written much here for a while. Iris is mostly complete from my POV, even if I still have a TODO list for it. One notable thing missing is Exchange - that one might never happen. The other, though, is about to change:

While this is a separate application, this will integrate into Iris, creating a suite of apps. Once you have carddav, the next logical step is caldav, of course.
  • »07.12.22 - 15:37
    Profile Visit Website