Iris - An upcoming E-Mail client blog
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    OK. I'll see if I can get a trial account there and try to figure it out...
  • »26.11.21 - 14:17
    Profile Visit Website
  • pOS
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    pOS
    Iris 1.0 Changelog:
    Fixed a crash when replying to a message without an ID

I still have one specific mail, that craches the application as soon as I click on answer

Is there an email export function or a debug mode for Iris ?
    Or how can I give you a 1:1 copy of the mail ?
  • »26.11.21 - 21:52
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    You can use 'Forward as attachment' to send me a copy. But simply sending a bugreport once Iris crashes should be enough in most cases.
  • »28.11.21 - 23:42
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    @Zetec-s

Sent you a PM with some steps you could take to help me diagnose things...
  • »29.11.21 - 14:51
    Profile Visit Website
  • pOS
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    pOS
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:
    You can use 'Forward as attachment' to send me a copy. But simply sending a bugreport once Iris crashes should be enough in most cases.

Sent you a bug report.
    Cannot send a copy as attachment as this action will also lead to a crash
  • »29.11.21 - 23:53
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Got it. Should be an easy fix. Thanks!
  • »30.11.21 - 02:11
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    1.1 is out now!

- Added a Copy Messages... dialog that may be used to copy messages between accounts, local folders, etc
    - Drag & drop of messages into a local folder / folder of a different account will copy messages to the destination folder
    - Editing of local messages retains their original date
    - Fixed a crash in case loading a list of spelling dictionaries fails
    - Fixed a condition where the Outgoing Mail manager could send a single message more than once
    - Improved progress reports when sending mail
    - Additional heuristics when trying to determine the right extension name when saving attachments (if the sender's client did not set the correct MIME type)
    - Performing an action on a large multi-selection of messages would sometimes stall forever when trying to obtain full message identifiers to act on
    - Optimized a case where setting flags on a large selection of messages would cause the MUI list to perform very costly redraw lookups
  • »09.12.21 - 21:03
    Profile Visit Website
  • pOS
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    pOS
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:
    Got it. Should be an easy fix. Thanks!

I assume, the fix is not part of version 1.1 ?

Cause:
    I read the history notes.

And installed 1.1. . Crash still occurs
  • »10.12.21 - 03:50
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Please do send another bugreport. It's likely something else now... It'd appear that your system install is broken, given the issues you are running into.

[ Edited by jacadcaps 10.12.2021 - 13:52 ]
  • »10.12.21 - 13:51
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Tom01
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote: Calendar and local folders are on the todo list, but both are no small task.

Ooh! - and now for something quite revealing . . . something off the To-Do list ! 8-)

Quote:

Primax wrote: For most mail providers give sufficient "cloud space", generally it is recommended to create such folders in your account there - and not on harddrive.

I'm no fan of cloud services - I don't like the idea of "giving" to others to look after (and never reveal or use in whatever way they want to, i.e. advertising/personal or commercial gain, highly unlikely . . . not really), so that's a non-starter for me !

If someone really wants to look after you, they can go into your apartment and install a trojan on your computer.
    No need to be paranoid about cloud services.
    And personalized advertising is better than random advertising.
  • »13.12.21 - 16:23
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    When using Wayfarer 2.9 and Iris 1.1 in parallel, after a while (15-20 minutes?) Wayfarer stops loading pages. When quiting Wayfarer and Iris, both hang on the quit splash screen. No crash.

Now I'm writing this in Wayfarer which has been up and running for 45-50 minutes without problems. Iris is not running, so I blame Iris.

Sam460ex, MorphOS 3.15.
  • »05.01.22 - 22:02
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    I'd need a little more detail on what you've been doing - especially since there's no crashlogs I could take a look at as you're saying. There is a known issue where using the 'Test' functionality in account settings in Iris will cause your system to be unstable. It should be fixed in the next build...
  • »06.01.22 - 14:56
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:
    I'd need a little more detail on what you've been doing - especially since there's no crashlogs I could take a look at as you're saying. There is a known issue where using the 'Test' functionality in account settings in Iris will cause your system to be unstable. It should be fixed in the next build...

I understand that. I can't add much more than that I can start and successfully quit both programs if run individually.

Now I've started Iris and will leave it running for an hour or two.
  • »06.01.22 - 16:23
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Iris was up and running for >7 hours without problem (without Wayfarer running).
  • »07.01.22 - 00:25
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Question: Is EFIKA capable to run IRIS?
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »31.01.22 - 16:51
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    From the website FAQ:

Iris requires MorphOS 3.12 and at least 256MB of RAM, 512MB recommended.

... hah, looks like I have to update the system requirements :)
  • »31.01.22 - 19:58
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Iris 1.3 is part of the MorphOS 3.16 but I've also updated the website now. There is no need to download it once you've installed MorphOS 3.16!

Changes from 1.1:

- Notifications on new messages can be configured per folder now
    - Only show notifications on unread messages
    - Fixed a bug that caused Iris to free its main thread's signals when terminating worker thread causing the app to become unresponsive
    - Fixed a regression with image embedding when writing emails
    - Fixed a race condition in OAuth request initialization
    - Implemented additional authentication settings that make it possible to select a single SASL authentication mode, overriding server's default
    - Added Outgoing and incoming mail Magic Beacon notifications
    - Fixed a stack under-run in account test/connect threads

The ICU directory may now be safely removed from your Iris directory as ICU files are part of the 3.16 installation.
  • »09.03.22 - 16:21
    Profile Visit Website
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    gothor
    Hi,

where is iris installed under Morphos 3.16. i only found my installation under my folder Network from my old 3.15 installation.

Thx for help.
  • »13.03.22 - 17:12
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    gothor
    Hi,

i found it on the CD but it was not installed... But its not a problem.

Thx for the answer.
  • »13.03.22 - 17:43
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Cool_amigaN
    Is it possible to make buttons on bubbles via the new notification system, act somehow? I updated my installation to latest IRIS and created a new notification for (incoming) mails. Tested it and it works great. Made 2 buttons: "Reply | Who cares?" First should launch a reply, whereas second just discard the notification. Is this doable?
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »13.03.22 - 22:17
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    geit
    Quote:

Cool_amigaN wrote:
    Is it possible to make buttons on bubbles via the new notification system, act somehow? I updated my installation to latest IRIS and created a new notification for (incoming) mails. Tested it and it works great. Made 2 buttons: "Reply | Who cares?" First should launch a reply, whereas second just discard the notification. Is this doable?

You donĀ“t need a second button for this. Just right click the bubble cancels it out.

What happens is up to the notification name used and how the application responds to it. e.g. If you take a screenshot the application reacts to the positive response from the notification and opens the related drawer.

IRIS could open a reply even without a button as left button inside the bubble is "ok".

The only issue I see with this is that when e.g. 20 mails are heading in, you get 20 notifications and 20 potential bubbles to click reply in, within 10 seconds. This is a bad idea.

[ Edited by geit 14.03.2022 - 16:59 ]
  • »14.03.22 - 15:52
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    ernsteiswuerfel
    Ah, the superiority of MorphOS! :-)

My (former) favourite Linux E-Mail client Claws-Mail:
    Failed several times in getting OAuth2 verification to work despite reading the Wiki thouroughly and watching some youtube tutorials regarding this matter an trying really hard for about 2 hrs.

My favourite MorphOS E-Mail client Iris:
    Succeeded at 1st attemp within minutes in adding my GMail account + Oauth2 without reading any documentation just by following the instructions on screen.

Looks like I may need to resort to Thunderbird or some other bloated E-Mail client on Linux after all. Claws is nice, slim & fast but Oauth2 support in it's current state is a mess. :-(
    Talos II. [Gentoo Linux] | PMac G5 11,2. PMac G4 3,6. PBook G4 5,8. [MorphOS 3.18 / Gentoo Linux] | Vampire V4 SA [ApolloOS / Amiga OS 3.2.2]
  • »04.06.22 - 14:08