Iris - An upcoming E-Mail client blog
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    See if you can get a repro and check which task is causing the CPU usage with TaskManager. If you get this again, enable developer mode in TaskManager's tooltype, run TaskManager, find the offending Iris process and select Dump State from the context menu in TM. Send me the log - I should be able to pinpoint where it happens.
  • »10.02.19 - 17:51
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Irs beta 48 is now available

Changes:
    - Updated the underlying vmime library to its current latest and greatest state from github
    - Iris (and vmime) are now built using GCC 8
    - Fixed an input parsing bug that cound in some cases lead to an infinite loop when preparing a message to be displayed
    - Fixed an issue with HTML views not rendering anymore after closing a message window
    - Fixed: The message loader thread used in Load Message didn't have enough stack, leading to a disastrous end when opening emails from file that had a more complex structure (attachments)
  • »15.02.19 - 20:18
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Re-download Iris for beta 49:

- Minor speed optimizations when loading a folder index file from disk
    - Fixed html editor/viewer context menus
    - Fixed the iconify icon
    - Added a PayPal button
  • »17.02.19 - 08:32
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    ernsteiswuerfel
    Quote:

jacadcaps schrieb:
    - Iris (and vmime) are now built using GCC 8

Are there any ppc/ppc64 specific benefits or general benefits using GCC 8? I refrain from using it on Gentoo ppc64 as 8.2.0 does not pass it's own testsuite yet. 7.4.0 is my default here. Adelie Linux still uses 6.5.0 to build their distro.
    Talos II. [Gentoo Linux] | PMac G5 11,2. PMac G4 3,6. PBook G4 5,8. [MorphOS 3.18 / Gentoo Linux] | Vampire V4 SA [ApolloOS / Amiga OS 3.2.2]
  • »17.02.19 - 13:53
  • Just looking around
    nujack
    The latest versions I can't use anymore. After setup of my E-Mail-Account(Arcor, which is now Vodafone) the program freezes and I can't use it. Any idea what the problem causes? Could it be the size of my Mailbox which is filled with messages? Is there a Limit?
    Setup seems okay but when program starts to access mailbox it freezes.
    Screenshot

[ Edited by nujack 21.02.2019 - 18:23 ]
  • »21.02.19 - 18:20
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    It'd be a lot of help if you could run LogTool and send me the log (it's in Applications).
  • »21.02.19 - 18:30
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    A new beta of Iris is now available for download.

Features:
    - Improvements in the email editor; added default font (can be changed in settings)
    - Connected servers will periodically poll for new messages
    - Rewritten connection handling to improve performance and fix connection issues over time

This version also fixes:
    - Switching between several displayable email compontents only worked once per component due to a bug in tmp file lookup
    - Fixed an issue related to saving attachments from an email open in a separate window after the active folder has changed in the main window
    - Improved server disconnection handling
    - Fixed a crash in vmime related to IMAP folder access
    - Unread messages count could sometimes be negative due to an overflow
    - Fixed a long-standing reconnection problem where internal exception routing would skip over the actual reconnection routine
    - Fixed an OAuth2 issue which caused servers to reject authentication if they weren't used for a long time (days) so that the refresh token expired - this delegates login back to the web browser as required by OAuth2
    - Worked around an imap.wp.pl issue where the server returns messages in a random order instead of sorting them by uid
    - Fixed a Sent folder refresh issue after sending an email
    - Fixed a wrong UID count in folder issue causing server commands to fail after emptying a folder
  • »04.04.19 - 19:53
    Profile Visit Website
    Stevo
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:
    A new beta of Iris is now available for download.

Features:
    - Improvements in the email editor; added default font (can be changed in settings)
    - Connected servers will periodically poll for new messages
    - Rewritten connection handling to improve performance and fix connection issues over time

This version also fixes:
    - Switching between several displayable email compontents only worked once per component due to a bug in tmp file lookup
    - Fixed an issue related to saving attachments from an email open in a separate window after the active folder has changed in the main window
    - Improved server disconnection handling
    - Fixed a crash in vmime related to IMAP folder access
    - Unread messages count could sometimes be negative due to an overflow
    - Fixed a long-standing reconnection problem where internal exception routing would skip over the actual reconnection routine
    - Fixed an OAuth2 issue which caused servers to reject authentication if they weren't used for a long time (days) so that the refresh token expired - this delegates login back to the web browser as required by OAuth2
    - Worked around an imap.wp.pl issue where the server returns messages in a random order instead of sorting them by uid
    - Fixed a Sent folder refresh issue after sending an email
    - Fixed a wrong UID count in folder issue causing server commands to fail after emptying a folder

Thank you :-)
    ---
    http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/logs/its_only_football.txt
  • »05.04.19 - 19:22
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    zbysiuk
    Another portion of fantastic stuff - thank you.
  • »06.04.19 - 17:33
    ernsteiswuerfel
    Impressive list of updates! Runs fine so far on my G4 & G5. And seems somehat faster synchronizing & loading stuff!
    Talos II. [Gentoo Linux] | PMac G5 11,2. PMac G4 3,6. PBook G4 5,8. [MorphOS 3.18 / Gentoo Linux] | Vampire V4 SA [ApolloOS / Amiga OS 3.2.2]
  • »14.04.19 - 17:41
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Thank you! I'd also like to thank to all who have donated to either Iris or Odyssey's cause. There'll be a new Iris update coming out in the next few days.
  • »15.04.19 - 09:15
    Profile Visit Website
  • IKE
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    IKE
    You’re welcome! Keep up the good work!
    IKE

MacMini G4 1.5Ghz/PowerBook G4 1.67Ghz/PowerMac G5 2.0Ghz DP 7,2 Radeon 9650/256MB