@AndreasM

How about this one? 8-D

[ Edited by quadpol on 2007/8/19 19:34 ]
  • »19.08.07 - 19:30
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Framiga
    Quote:

I found another bug while playing with the prefs though: When i click on the network tab, the prefs window suddenly disappears and refuses to appear again when i select "prefs.." from the menu. This problem happens with the network tab only.

(PS: several other entries in the prefs window like "browsing" and "cookies" are completely empty. I suppose that they are not implemented yet, but because i'm not quite sure i'm reporting this anyway)

[ Edited by AmigaMancer on 2007/8/15 22:37 ]

yep, browsing and cookies are empty.

About the Network tab, the only "weird" thing is that it uses a very large slider gadget which force to resize automatically the whole preferences window.

are you on a low resolution screen? or try to tweaks with your MUI4>sliders options
  • »20.08.07 - 14:12
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    AmigaMancer
    Quote:

Framiga wrote:
    Quote:

I found another bug while playing with the prefs though: When i click on the network tab, the prefs window suddenly disappears and refuses to appear again when i select "prefs.." from the menu. This problem happens with the network tab only.

(PS: several other entries in the prefs window like "browsing" and "cookies" are completely empty. I suppose that they are not implemented yet, but because i'm not quite sure i'm reporting this anyway)

[ Edited by AmigaMancer on 2007/8/15 22:37 ]

yep, browsing and cookies are empty.

About the Network tab, the only "weird" thing is that it uses a very large slider gadget which force to resize automatically the whole preferences window.

are you on a low resolution screen? or try to tweaks with your MUI4>sliders options

Yes, i'm using 800x600 screens but i found what caused this problem!: I wasn't using the latest MUI4 update. Once i installed it, it works properly.

The problem with megaupload is still there though.
    Amiga 1200 user.
  • »20.08.07 - 16:35
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MorphDelf
    Nice work Marcik! Keep up the good work :)

Just wondering about:

- Copy & paste text
    - A transferanimation ;)
    - Support for plugins? Maybe the swf-player for MorphOS could be
    included somehow?
    - flicker is cool .. but you know ;P

Other than this, its a very nice browser !.. Much more stable than
    iBrowse, so now with this Beta release, I use Sputnik more and more.

Thanks for the support!
  • »21.08.07 - 09:49
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    SixK
    I dunno if it's a sputnik fault or a 3rd party library, but text typed in a textarea is truncated on accents characters when submitting a form ! That's Sad for french users ! :)

SixK
  • »22.08.07 - 17:24
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    marcik
    Quote:

SixK wrote:
    I dunno if it's a sputnik fault or a 3rd party library, but text typed in a textarea is truncated on accents characters when submitting a form ! That's Sad for french users ! :)

SixK

Set right system fonts coding in prefs and problem will be gone.
  • »22.08.07 - 23:02
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Jupp3
    Quote:

I have one problem: How do i get rid of the HUGE gap that occupies half of sputnik's window?

At least in older version you could get rid of that by adding at least one link to toolbar.
  • »23.08.07 - 11:08
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    Truck
    I can consistently crash Sputnik by opening 15 tabs.

CSS Acid2 test ( http://www.webstandards.org/action/acid2/ ) isn't passing, but it's actually not THAT far off - I've seen a heck of a lot worse!
  • »23.08.07 - 16:31
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    marcik
    Are you sure it's a crash? Current Sputnik has a problem with dynamic
    aadjusting of content. If when you have 14 open tabs they are already
    verrrry small and sputnik window is as wide as screen then opening
    next tabs will cause mui to close sputnik window - it cannot be fitted
    to screen anymore. It'll be fixed in next release.

And about ACID - main reason for it to fail is lack of support for
    base64 encoded images in html sources. It has very low priority on my
    todo list as it's the first and the only one site which i have seen
    using that feature. It's better to implement more needed things first
    :-)
  • »24.08.07 - 09:54
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Mi-Go
    Quote:

Truck wrote:

CSS Acid2 test ( http://www.webstandards.org/action/acid2/ ) isn't passing, but it's actually not THAT far off - I've seen a heck of a lot worse!

Firefox 2.0.0.6 on Gentoo messes up the test as well... :-)
  • »24.08.07 - 11:59
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    koan
    Sometimes when Sputnik renders a link it seems there is an extra character in the link text.

I noticed this on some links on Facebook. I think the CSS style might introduce a character that cannot be rendered, after a slash so a "box" character is shown. The link is simply a hyperlinked URL.

The CSS is quite complicated so it's difficult to extract an example to demonstrate this behaviour but perhaps someone else has noticed it on a simpler page ?

UPDATE: I guess Facebook inserts a no width breakable space character to hint where to break the URL and this is not recognised by Sputnik/TTEngine

[ Edited by koan on 2007/8/29 23:05 ]
  • »28.08.07 - 13:59
  • Just looking around
    Truck
    Marcik: Ah, hmm... yes base-64 encoded images is something that... well, actually, my Arch installation of Lighttpd has one in the default install (: (which came from the original Apache install... hmm. (: )

but yes, keep it low on the list - I _rarely_ see it. (Though I do see it, and more often with AJAX apps these days.)

And yeah, it's a "crash" with 15 tabs - application terminates. But I think you've pegged where it is, the dynamic resize code, and let's face it - THG has stated that _he_ only needs 4 tabs for his very important web work, so I should be able to keep it under 15 (:

Koan: Those extra characters are added by Facebook. They're UTF8 0-width bits, there for some reason in the code from Facebook apps. It's a font rendering issue and it also happens on Opera.

And yes, I'm _extremely_ excited that this browser is doing this well (:

Mi-go: Yes, Firefox doens't get CSS rendering right; Opera and Safari do, however. And that's a HARD test, but a good one - if something gets that right, chances are it's gonna render your css based design properly, no matter what. And Safari's base rendering code is the code base that this stems from; so it could be an issue - but Marcik knows about where it's coming from - which is just f*n excellent (:

[ Edited by Truck on 2007/8/31 13:18 ]
  • »31.08.07 - 12:15
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    koan
    @Truck

I have Konqueror 3.5.5 running from OpenSUSE 10.2 and that can't render ACID2. How do you expect Sputnik to do it ?

Maybe Marcik can go and fix all the bugs in WebKit/Safari/Konqueror before he ports it and adds a GUI ?

Sheesh!

Quote:

Koan: Those extra characters are added by Facebook. They're UTF8 0-width bits, there for some reason in the code from Facebook apps. It's a font rendering issue and it also happens on Opera.

That's exactly what I wrote in my post 2 days before your post, if you had bothered to read it.

What's a 0-width "bit" ? Do you mean glyph or character ? If you're going to correct me by telling me what I already said you could at least use the right terminology.
  • »01.09.07 - 16:20
  • Just looking around
    Frek
    @ koan

Because the patches from Safaris khtml engine was submitted over 2 years ago,
    http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS9840672648.html

So if that's the case the Konqueror developers must have broken something; Safari still pass the test when I try it though.

Edit: spelling.

[ Edited by Frek on 2007/9/4 17:38 ]
  • »04.09.07 - 17:37
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    marcik
    Qucik note - if some of you see sputnik slowdown after some time and
    even closing and opening sputnik again doesn't help then try to write
    in shell "flushlib ttengine2.library". That's a temporary fix for now
    :-). And remember - you have to do it when no app is using
    ttengine2.library so you have to close sputnik before doing it.

[ Edited by marcik on 2007/9/6 11:47 ]
  • »06.09.07 - 11:44
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    jcmarcos
    Quote:

AmigaMancer wrote:

the URL function doesn't seem to work with any Amiga browsers and even sputnik.

Hummm... I expected that. The file upload method consists in the browser having a way to ask the user for a file, then pack it in a certain way, in order to have it pushed to the server when the form is posted. Funnily enough, not every server is prepared to receive such post data.
    Perhaps our own amazing marcik can add this function to the wish list of Sputnik. There's RFC 1867 documentation about it since many years.
  • »25.09.07 - 08:07
  • Just looking around
    When I try to add the following link to "Fastlinks" under "Toolbar" in "Prefs", Sputnik crashes and the Core.cfg file in HTML becomes zero bytes and from then on Sputnik will not start again until I recover the Core.cfg file.

The url:
    http://www.morphos-news.de/software.php?lg=en

EDIT: Discovered it's actually when I try to add the third fastlink. The same thing just happened now when I tried to add "http://mail.gmail.com"

Other simpler urls work (www.amiga.org and mos.aminet.net)

I have MOS 2.1(20.08.2008) on an Efika.

My Sputnik version is the one which came with it...

Feature requests:
    - Type ahead in Google search (history and google suggest) and url
    - About window
    - Version string in executable
    - Memory watcher. If sputnik grows too fast, and memory is say about 2MB pop a requester and ask if it should abort the operation
    - Activity bar (knightrider style) on tab and in status bar when it's working, this in addition to the little "invisible" green light

[ Edited by arnljot on 2008/9/24 23:00 ]
  • »24.09.08 - 22:01
    Profile Visit Website
  • rms
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    rms
    I need to login to an ftp account with Sputnik but this seems not to work as it
    allways adds "http://" in front.

The ftp account is: ftp://ftp.sercon.ch

then there should a Login and PW requester open...

Is this not possible with Sputnik? Or can anyone help here?

Thanks for help.

Christoph
  • »06.11.08 - 07:28
    Profile Visit Website
  • rms
    rms
    Hi,

I stumbled over another problem here: I have several pw prodected directories
    and now because the hosting company switched over from an Apachee Server to
    a windows Server I have problems to enter these directories with Sputnik.

Here an ex: http://www.rmsvideo.ch/morphos/

then ther should a window open to enter the user: rms14@dmz.local
    and the pw: rms4234

but entering them does not allow to "get in".

Now I tried with IBrowse 2.4 and it works.

Am I doing something wrong? Any idea?

Regards

Christoph
  • »08.11.08 - 08:29
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    jcmarcos
    Quote:

rms wrote:
    there should a window open to enter the user: rms14@dmz.local
    and the pw: rms4234

It works here, on Internet Explorer 6, which prompts for user, password AND domain name. Perhaps Sputnik doesn't know how to deal with the domain part in a user name.
    One of the ways to tell a complete user name is "domain backslash name". What happens if you give Sputnik "rms14\dmz.local" as user name?
  • »10.11.08 - 08:18
  • rms
    rms
    @ jcmarcos

I know that it works with explorer6, the provider tested it, but I'd like to use
    MorphOS software (Sputnik) to access the dirs...

Quote:

jcmarcos wrote:

It works here, on Internet Explorer 6, which prompts for user, password AND domain name. Perhaps Sputnik doesn't know how to deal with the domain part in a user name.
    One of the ways to tell a complete user name is "domain backslash name". What happens if you give Sputnik "rms14\dmz.local" as user name?

I tried your suggestion above but I just get the same error: You need to authenticate... and I can't get into the dir.
  • »11.11.08 - 06:56
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    jcmarcos
    Quote:

I tried your suggestion above but I just get the same error

Doh... I guess the same happens if you embed the login and password in the URL:

http://rms14:rms4234@www.rmsvideo.ch/morphos/

Actually, this should never work, as there's no way (that I know of) of embedding the domain name. And I don't know if Sputnik understands this kind of URLs anyway.
    So it seems that Sputnik doesn't know how to deal with the new server's (Microsoft IIS) authentication method, and attempts logins that are invalid to the server.
    This method is configurable, you could ask your provider to enable basic authentication. Perhaps they think the whole world uses Windows (easy) and just allow for NT authentication (which is more secure than the traditional one). Hence the dialog box with a third field for the domain name.
    Anyway, they should know about this, and provide you with a solution: An authentication method suitable for you, the customer.

[ Edited by jcmarcos on 2008/11/11 9:47 ]
  • »11.11.08 - 08:43
  • Just looking around
    Otti
    > Discovered it's actually when I try to add the third fastlink.

Same will happen here, third Fastlink will set core to zero. Editing via Editor will work fine and no Crash ...
  • »12.11.08 - 01:07
    Profile Visit Website
  • rms
    rms
    @ jcmarcos

unfortunately YES they think that there is only windoooze in the whole world!

And they say: it works with explorer, and firefox and and and...

So, I could force them or I would have to change the provider... which would demand
    a lot of energy to find something very suitable for business...

I very much would prefer if this could be adapted in Sputnik so it works!

Regards

Christoph
  • »12.11.08 - 07:07
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    jcmarcos
    Quote:

rms wrote:

unfortunately YES they think that there is only windoooze in the whole world! And they say: it works with explorer, and firefox and and and...

Then, I'd say something very different and rude. Most of all because, if I'm not mistaken, enabling basic authentication is dead easy:

http://www.bestcode.com/assets/docs/bcAuthenticate/help/assets/images/BasicAuthIIS.jpg

http://microsoft.apress.com/images/articles/articles_20010504_2.gif

Quote:

I could force them

That's the idea. They can consider basic authentication as suicide, but that's your server...

Quote:

I very much would prefer if this could be adapted in Sputnik so it works!

Sure. But you can only hope that these non-basic authentication methods are well documented and easy to implement. Sputnik's only developer has limited resources.
  • »12.11.08 - 08:38