Call for gfx artists. Apply now and win StUFf
  • elf
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    elf
    Moi!

I am looking for a talented person to draw skin(s) for upcoming release of Frogger. I can't pay any money (not huge that is, we can discuss that), but I can offer free keyfiles or honorable place of your name in the documentation ;) Anyone?
  • »02.06.04 - 20:37
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    warface
    A new preview:

preview4

And two comments. (still based on the first binary)

1., bottom_left and bottom_right are displayed even when bordersize = 0.

2., Gadget pressing. When you press left mouse button on a gadget, then move it away and release it, then no action should be triggered. It's common in most GUI systems, MorphOS included. Frogger triggers the event, it shouldn't be so.

Anyway, I'm slowly progressing, and hoping to finish my skin sometime next week.
  • »25.06.04 - 19:26
    Profile Visit Website
  • ASiegel
    Quote:

2., Gadget pressing. When you press left mouse button on a gadget, then move it away and release it, then no action should be triggered. It's common in most GUI systems, MorphOS included. Frogger triggers the event, it shouldn't be so.

Right. This is something that I was about to report as well ;-) It would be nice if this was fixed.
  • »25.06.04 - 20:30
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Now that looks sharp! I cant wait for the final release!!!
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »25.06.04 - 22:11
    Profile Visit Website
  • elf
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    elf
    Quote:

1., bottom_left and bottom_right are displayed even when bordersize = 0.

And why they should not be displayed? Those two are used to fill background, not related to borders...

Quote:

Yes, I am aware of that. Have not found solution yet (those dragbar gadgets are system gadgets, and I have no clue why they behave that way...).
  • »27.06.04 - 20:56
    Profile Visit Website
    warface
    Quote:

And why they should not be displayed? Those two are used to fill background, not related to borders...

All right. They just contained borders actually, and I thought they are borders.
  • »28.06.04 - 10:04
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Your skin is great :-D
    Very good job!

Quote:

I don't agree, I think it is more convenient that the action is not done when you leave the button zone. It's a way to cancel the action when you have a doubt. I use it very often.
    N'cha, LorD
    http://www.lordfpx.com/
  • »28.06.04 - 10:47
    Profile Visit Website
  • elf
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    elf
    You don't agree, and then propose exactly the same... Am I missing something?
  • »28.06.04 - 11:40
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    I mean I think it would not be a good idea to change that.
    N'cha, LorD
    http://www.lordfpx.com/
  • »28.06.04 - 13:05
    Profile Visit Website
    warface
    There is a more or less final version available now. Here is a preview shot of it, and will send a PM to Elf with the url of the skin archive.

The preview is here:

http://emeric.dema.hu/frogger/froggertest5.jpg
  • »28.06.04 - 19:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Aaron
    warface,

Very slick! I like it!

--Aaron
    --Aaron Diezman
  • »28.06.04 - 22:01
    warface
    Ladies and Gentlemen. The honour is mine, to annouce the final version of my Frogger skin. A compilation and transfer to Elf is still ahead of me, but here is a screenshot of the (hopefully) very final version of the skin, which is called: Blue Cadillac. A preview image is available here:

Final Preview

(Large file warning!)
  • »29.06.04 - 13:49
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Elektro
    Really nice the new skin! ;-)
  • »29.06.04 - 14:37
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    I'll see if I have time next week to do one- I've done GUI graphics for my own programs before. :-)
    - Ants
  • »01.07.04 - 03:42
    Profile Visit Website
    Miky060
    Warface I must repeat myself: YOUR SKIN IS DAMN BEAUTIFULL! I WANNA IIT! YOU DID A REALLY GOOD GOOD GOOD WORK.
    ...now you could create a new MOS skin inspired to it! ;-) A lot of us would appreciate it. A nice idea would be to use the light metallic grey with the dark blue in contrast.

@Elf,
    now that the skin is ready when the new FroggerNG will be released? :-D
    The day after tomorrow here in Italy there will be the Amiga Alpe Adria 2004 fair, it would be nice to show it on the Pegasos. Many AOne users would cry for the jelousy watching it.. :-P

[ Edited by Miky060 on 2004/7/1 10:53 ]

PegasosII "Elite" Machine --> PowerMac MDD "popular" Machine --> MacMini 1.5 "still more popular" Machine
  • »01.07.04 - 09:51
    Profile Visit Website
    warface
    Quote:

Warface I must repeat myself: YOUR SKIN IS DAMN BEAUTIFULL! I WANNA IIT! YOU DID A REALLY GOOD GOOD GOOD WORK.

I'm the glad that you like it :-)

Quote:

...now you could create a new MOS skin inspired to it! ;-) A lot of us would appreciate it. A nice idea would be to use the light metallic grey with the dark blue in contrast.

In fact, I have the intention to make a MorphOS skin as well. But it's been suggested that the skin system will undergo a major overhaul, so I think I'll wait with that. Hopefully it will happen soon, but there was no timedate given :-)
  • »01.07.04 - 11:08
    Profile Visit Website
    warface
    And one more, hopefully final "bug" report. :-)

If you play a movie and press eject without stopping it, the play button remains in "pause" state. And when playing the next movie it becomes "play", when it should be "pause".

Hope I was clear, it's simpler to see than describe :-)

The gadget and flicker problems are gone in the latest version, so it's much better now! Nice job :-)
  • »01.07.04 - 19:09
    Profile Visit Website
  • elf
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    elf
    Quote:

If you play a movie and press eject without stopping it, the play button remains in "pause" state. And when playing the next movie it becomes "play", when it should be "pause".

Fixed.
  • »01.07.04 - 19:26
    Profile Visit Website
  • ASiegel
    Quote:

In fact, I have the intention to make a MorphOS skin as well. But it's been suggested that the skin system will undergo a major overhaul, so I think I'll wait with that. Hopefully it will happen soon, but there was no timedate given

If you would like to work on a skin, there is absolutely no reason to wait any longer. When the next MorphOS version gets released, you can still make minor refinements in order to profit from new features.

[ Edited by JoBBo on 2004/7/2 22:32 ]
  • »01.07.04 - 19:34
    warface
    Received my keyfile. Many thanks :-)
  • »03.07.04 - 17:44
    Profile Visit Website
  • elf
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    elf
    Thank _you_ :)

BTW: the offer is still valid: skins, doc translations, and other submited "goodies" are rewarded with a keyfile.
  • »05.07.04 - 21:17
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    DethKnight
    congrats warface
    I am ; therefore you are
  • »06.07.04 - 02:56
  • Targhan
    Elf, I can seperate out "FrogSnap" from the old ToolBar, clean it up, and submit it. i.e., pause Frogger, select number of frames, the frameskip, and then grab some number of frames ;-)

I could probably tie it into showgirls, if it has an arexx port to make icons :-)
    :idea:Targhan

MorphOS portal? www.MorphZone.org
  • »26.07.04 - 19:42
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Sorry for the delay- I've been busy with stuff. I have started doing some work on buttons though- I'll give you a URL soon, with what I've done. :-)

-Ants

New Zealand Pegasos Distributer
    Phoenix Developers Consortium
    - Ants
  • »27.07.04 - 02:01
    Profile Visit Website
  • Targhan
    FrogSnap has been seperated and tested. It's not 100% perfect yet, but I've decided to go ahead and post a beta for everyone. You will need FroggerNG (it still works with 2.07) and RxMUI.

The link is HERE.

Basically, run FroggerNG, load a movie, play movie to point you want to start grabbing images from, pause the movie, start Snap, select the base-name of the images, select the number of frames to grab, how many frames to skip between each grab, and hit the "Go" button.

Have fun ;-)
    :idea:Targhan

MorphOS portal? www.MorphZone.org
  • »14.08.04 - 17:34
    Profile Visit Website
    warface
    Sounds as an ideal way to create previews of a movie.
  • »14.08.04 - 18:30
    Profile Visit Website