Telnet for MOS
  • MorphOS Developer
    March
    It is a bit problematic, because "ansi" terminals didn't have such keys (AFAIK), so programs which run on "ansi" terminal doen't expect such keys.

You will need to change terminal type (TERM variable) to "linux" for example, but this could cause other incompatibilities.

I tried it on AmigaOS console, but I got trashed display (amiga console doesn't handle all needed escapes). Maybe on MOS console it will work better.

Then You will need to edit keymap file to modify all special key to send escape sequences same as those send by keyboard on linux console (or other terminal).

I will try to do this when I will have my Pegasos2 (I'm still waiting for it).
    Marek Szyprowski ...... happy MorphOS, AmigaOS and Debian/Linux user ........
  • »28.03.04 - 20:07
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    hiTCH-HiKER
    How can I edit the keymap? Because I need some other keys than in your keymap anyways (german keyboard) :)
  • »28.03.04 - 20:16
  • MorphOS Developer
    March
    Maybe MOS version of "setkeyboard" command works somehow different than AmigaOS version, which changed keymap ONLY in shell from had been ran. Try to replace MOS version of setkeyboard with a version from Workbench3.1 disk.
  • »28.03.04 - 20:24
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    March
    I used KeyMapEd from Aminet (I don't know if it works on MOS). Other keymap editor, KME (also from Aminet) is said to work on MOS.
  • »28.03.04 - 20:37
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DoctorMorbius_FP
    The latest (very old indeed) version of KeyMapEd you can find on Aminet was uploaded just by me almost two years ago, but it does not work correctly on MorphOS.

Use KME instead, it works without problems on MorphOS.
    Powered by PegasosII-G4, MacMini, PowerMac MDD.
  • »28.03.04 - 21:32
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    hiTCH-HiKER
    I used the "setkeyboard" from my old AmigaOS 3 Installation, because to my knowledge this command isn't available in MorphOS.
    I'll try KME then, thanks for the hint.
  • »28.03.04 - 21:41
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DoctorMorbius_FP
    Powered by PegasosII-G4, MacMini, PowerMac MDD.
  • »28.03.04 - 21:50
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    hiTCH-HiKER
    KME works nice for changing Marchs keymap back to german layout, but is there any chance to get the Page Up/Down keys working in OpenSSH?
  • »28.03.04 - 21:56
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    hiTCH-HiKER
    @DoctorMorbius_FP:
    I tried the MorphOS version of SetKeyboard, but still the same problem: they KeyMap is changed for all shells and not only the one where the command was started from.
  • »28.03.04 - 22:02
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DoctorMorbius_FP
    @ hiTCH-HiKER

It is clear that tou did not read my 18:57 post, where I already provided the answer to your question... Please see above.

For the relevant codes you should ask to March, who is an expert.