New Modern Webkit-based Browser In Development
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    @NewSense

Quote:

Well it's still an issue and if you try to click your left mouse button to place the mouse cursor in amongst the text, or even if it is pre-written text that you want to extract from a page then if you drag your mouse to the left or right to highlight some text with it then it just doesn't highlight the text

I copied the above quote manually with the left mouse button from your message with Wayfarer 8.7, and it did work on 8.6 too. So, I don't see your issue on my setup... the mouse pointer changes to the ][ shape when I move the mouse over text.

Can you try with a clean setup, for example, by booting from the ISO image? Which computer you're using?

Only place where I have noticed that the pointer haven't been changing anymore is YouTube's videos.. they're not showing as links with the mouse pointer, but I guess it's YouTube's fault with their (mobile) site.
  • »07.06.24 - 08:53
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    I hope you can follow what I am trying to explain, and now get on with fixing it, by getting it working as it should! 8-D

That works just fine for me.

You've most likely enabled 'Emulate Touch Events' in which case mouse hover is disabled. That setting only makes sense for some mobile sites (like m.youtube.com) and should never be enabled globally.

• »07.06.24 - 12:23
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote:
    Thanks a lot jacadcaps for this new release!

I have a problem here when resizing Wayfarer window, the CPU up to 97% (with morphos-storage) and 89% for others websites...

A problem with overlay?

I can get 95% of CPU usage when resizing an Ambient lister fast. This is normal. Overlay is only used for videos.
  • »07.06.24 - 12:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Quote:

jacadcaps a écrit :
    I can get 95% of CPU usage when resizing an Ambient lister fast. This is normal. Overlay is only used for videos.

Thanks for the information. Maybe it could be optimized a little to reduce this big CPU usage on Ambient and Wayfarer in the same time? It strange to have this CPU usage to resizing windows on a G5. It should be a problem on G4 too. If possible of course.
  • »07.06.24 - 13:21
    Profile Visit Website
  • man
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    man
    problem with youtube
    i use withcleaner that seems help but not sure
    good work
  • »07.06.24 - 18:12
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote: You've most likely enabled 'Emulate Touch Events' in which case mouse hover is disabled. That setting only makes sense for some mobile sites (like m.youtube.com) and should never be enabled globally.
    Aha! You were correct I had enabled the "Emulate Touch Events" option, and that was what was causing the issue I reported, so it was "my bad" for not realising the self-harm I had done to myself using Wayfarer. I had obviously not enabled it in v8.4 or earlier, but must have thought it would be handy to have it work on sites that needed it, . . . but didn't realise that it would cause this "adverse reaction/problem" of almost completely deactivating the "text highlighting and copying ability using the mouse" that I subsequently came across as a result of selecting this option. I will be avoiding this option now, but so appreciative that you were able to figure out my mistake, so I must say thanks jacadcaps for your remote assistance and patience in this instance, and many other issues as well! 8-D
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »08.06.24 - 01:29
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Primax
    Can anybody please explain:

if I open an external YouTube link like this one (tile link of the news)

https://www.amiga-news.de/en/news/AN-2024-06-00035-EN.html

om Firefox (Windows etc), then the video website on YouTube is opened.

With Wayfarer, I stuck on youtube.com/tv - and that's all.

What happened here? What is the solution?

Thanks!
    AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon X1650 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition / MorphOS 3.17
    Amiga1200 / Blizzard 1230 IV PiStorm32-lite / 128 MB RAM / AmigaOS 3.9
  • »15.06.24 - 15:00
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    geit
    Works without any problems. Tested on V7.5 first and updated to V8.7 afterwards. Both versions work fine.

Loading itself is a little slow on my PowerMac G4 933Mhz, but once the video is loaded it is absolutely smooth and only takes about 1/4 CPU, which is insane. Commercials take about 50% CPU.

[ Edited by geit 15.06.2024 - 18:38 ]
  • »15.06.24 - 17:30
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

Primax wrote:

What do you mean by stuck? You should see the "who is watching" screen, then after you click Guest (or log in) you will be redirected to the video page.

Alternatively, go to Settings > www.youtube.com and change Youtube Experience to Mobile or Default.
  • »15.06.24 - 18:48
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

geit wrote:
    Commercials take about 50% CPU.

Youtube often serves higher resolutions for those. Not much I can do.
  • »15.06.24 - 18:49
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Primax
    Quote:

jacadcaps schrieb:
    Quote:

Primax wrote:

What do you mean by stuck? You should see the "who is watching" screen, then after you click Guest (or log in) you will be redirected to the video page.

Alternatively, go to Settings > www.youtube.com and change Youtube Experience to Mobile or Default.

Hm, probably I am blind, but...some more questions:

1.) Why does Wayfarer take the step via youtube/tv? Why does Firefox not take it? Or do I not notice it because it is much more faster?

2.) After the youtube/tv website was loaded (a circle gets full) then I get to a page, where in the upper right corner I could log in. But I have no account there. I cannot see any kind of guest button there. So, how to go on?

3.) And yes, I have the default setting Safari/iPad.

Thanks!
    AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon X1650 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition / MorphOS 3.17
  • »16.06.24 - 06:11
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Primax
    Screenshot (will be deleted after a month):

https://ibb.co/Kxpky9N
  • »16.06.24 - 06:15
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    @Primax

Please send me your wayfarer/settings/settings.json file.
  • »17.06.24 - 01:42
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Primax
    Quote:

jacadcaps schrieb:
    @Primax

Please send me your wayfarer/settings/settings.json file.

Done! Thanks!
  • »17.06.24 - 11:53
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    @Primax

You've selected the Safari (iPad) user-agent for www.youtube.com/tv. This will not work. Amazon Fire Stick is the correct one.

[ Edited by jacadcaps 17.06.2024 - 17:24 ]
  • »17.06.24 - 16:24
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Primax
    Thanks.

But: I do not understand that at all. Sorry.

The Amiga-News link, I provided above, has nothing to do with YouTube.com/tv. I do not even know that. And I do not want to get know to it.

I just want to know: what do I have to set up in my Wayfarer options that any normal, external YouTube link will be opened with m.youtube.com. That's all. Thanks!
  • »18.06.24 - 16:47
    Profile Visit Website
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

Primax wrote:
    I just want to know: what do I have to set up in my Wayfarer options that any normal, external YouTube link will be opened with m.youtube.com. That's all. Thanks!

I really haven't tried all options, but these settings do work for me in the way you asked (tested with your amiga-news.de link):

m.youtube.com - User-Agent Safari (iPad), Media Source Playback disabled for speedup on Mac mini
    www.youtube.com - YouTube experience Mobile, User-Agent Safari (was normal, but changed it to iPad version now)
    www.youtube.com/tv - Amazon Fire Stick
  • »18.06.24 - 18:03
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Primax
    Quote:

jPV schrieb:
    Quote:

Primax wrote:

I really haven't tried all options, but these settings do work for me in the way you asked (tested with your amiga-news.de link):

m.youtube.com - User-Agent Safari (iPad), Media Source Playback disabled for speedup on Mac mini
    www.youtube.com - YouTube experience Mobile, User-Agent Safari (was normal, but changed it to iPad version now)
    www.youtube.com/tv - Amazon Fire Stick

Thank you so much, jPV! You gave me the right direction!

I played a bit with the options and my guess is, it is all about the right settings for ww.youtube.com: there, for YouTube experiences, it has to be set to "Mobile". Then it works.

Because it makes absolutely no sense (and sould be completely independent from my settings, I find), that if I try to open a common YouTube video link, I am redirected to youtube.com/tv. I have never experienced such a behaviour on other systems or browsers, OWB included.

I am totally relieved and grateful, that finally I can open YouTube links.
    And, by the way, I was also astonished, that it also works so great with OWB!
  • »18.06.24 - 19:43
    Profile Visit Website
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

Primax wrote:
    I played a bit with the options and my guess is, it is all about the right settings for ww.youtube.com: there, for YouTube experiences, it has to be set to "Mobile". Then it works.

Because it makes absolutely no sense (and sould be completely independent from my settings, I find), that if I try to open a common YouTube video link, I am redirected to youtube.com/tv. I have never experienced such a behaviour on other systems or browsers, OWB included.

youtube.com/tv should be the fastest content to play, and as our platform is pretty weak with the web video playback, it's been set as the default nowadays.

I had some issues in the past with the TV version not opening the called URL after login screens etc., but it seems to work fine now if I set the YouTube Experience to "SmartTV". Maybe your issue was that you had the wrong User-Agent for the www.youtube.com/tv as jaca suggested, because it's used with the SmartTV option. For me it opens a fullscreen login prompt where I just click the big round Guest button in the middle of the screen to continue to the actual video... to get that kind of view you most likely need the Amazon Fire Stick set for the www.youtube.com/tv.

I don't see that big difference in speed with TV compared to Mobile, so I rather use the Mobile version like you, because it has more information visible at once on the screen with no login step, but it's about what you like to use in the end.
  • »19.06.24 - 06:20
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Primax
    Thank you very much for your explanations!

Frankly spoken I would really wish to have those information on the Wayfarer website. At least a proper documentation on how to set up Wayfarer which is updated if anything in the options has changed.

With every release, Wayfarer becomes more powerful and at least for me, a common user, it is hard to keep the pace with all the functions.
  • »19.06.24 - 10:02
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    I've noticed that on some sites, when scrolling using the scrollwheel on the mouse the scrollbar doesn't move.

Here for example: https://www.lemonamiga.com/games/list.php?list_genre=Strategy&lineoffset=336
  • »19.06.24 - 17:21
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Primax
    Yes, but the website scrolls down anyway.
  • »19.06.24 - 18:45
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    Quote:

Primax wrote:
    Yes, but the website scrolls down anyway.

Why do some people answer with something unrelated? It's supposed to move when you scroll. That's the issue.

What kind of reply is that?
  • »19.06.24 - 19:19
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    @hotrod

It's a known bug. I'll get to it eventually.
  • »19.06.24 - 20:38
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:
    @hotrod

It's a known bug. I'll get to it eventually.

Ah ok, I didn't know. It's just a small thing so I don't mind waiting.
  • »19.06.24 - 21:27