Beware of Transpoclock
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Motosampy
    Transpoclock includes a trojan (say what you will, but to me it's a trojan). At start it installs an executable with a blank name to SYS:WBstartup. This small program then reminds you about the RC72-5 (or whatever) project at startup... F**cking annoying !

(Exchanged the word virus with trojan...)

[ Edited by Motosampy on 2004/11/7 13:26 ]
  • »06.11.04 - 12:03
    hooligan
    Go Jacek :lol:
    www.mikseri.net/hooligan <- Free music
  • »06.11.04 - 12:19
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    It's not a virus, not infects, not propagation, not evil things, only say to MorphOS users about support the good thing, rc5-72, that all must have installed, probably rc5-72 will run as screensaver by default and when computer does nothing (most of the time because Altivec optimized apps) :lol:

The next will be added subliminal information into MorphOS 1.5 for incentivate programming and MorphOS evangelization, because it's MorphOS and all world must use it!!!!!!!!1111
  • »06.11.04 - 14:13
    Delete this message, he is trolling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111
  • »06.11.04 - 14:14
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    wolfe
    Quote:

timofonic wrote:
    Delete this message, he is trolling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

Does this BUG give you a choice as to "if I want it" or not?
    Does it come with instructions on how to delete it?

I understand the cause is good, and as soon as I get my peg, I will contribute but. . . . .

It is kinda like a virus, harmless yes but !
    :xxx:
  • »06.11.04 - 14:29
    @wolfe

It's the price of popularity, a knowed OS must have software, including virus. This is the next step ;-)
  • »06.11.04 - 14:34
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    > Does this BUG give you a choice as to
    > "if I want it" or not?
    > Does it come with instructions on
    > how to delete it?

to make a few things clear before some panic appears:

it's NOT a virus

it's COMPLETLY harmless

it's NOT part of transpoclock

and there is an easy way to avoid the requester: install dnetc. :)

(there are other ways which I don't tell, but smart ppl will find out anyway)

regards,
    tokai
  • »06.11.04 - 14:36
    Profile Visit Website
    Kronos
    @tokai

O.k. then call it a trojan :-D

One of the most annoying things in Windows (and sometimes Linux too) is SW that messes with your system cos it thinks it knows what the user needs.

Adding bookmarks, putting things into the status-bar and so. All without asking or an easy way to get rid of it.

I find it very sad that this now also starts on MorphOS, even if it is harmless and for a "noble" cause :-x
  • »06.11.04 - 14:50
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    > All without asking or an easy
    > way to get rid of it.

see and that's different. There are 3 (!!!) very easy (!!!) ways to get rid of it. Best is to use dnetc ofcourse. :-)
  • »06.11.04 - 15:14
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Kaczus
    You don't must install dnetc... Any icon in wbstartup named
    dnetc.info solve this problem :)

[ Edited by Kaczus on 2004/11/6 16:17 ]
    Kaczus/BlaBla & AUG-Lodz Happy Pegasos User
  • »06.11.04 - 15:15
    Profile Visit Website
  • Leo
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Leo
    Some solutions:

.Remove get9.library
    .Patch get9.library (as some progs might require it: that's the next step...)
    .Patch whatever program is using it
    .Create a "dnetc crunch #1" task

The best one:

.Don't use any programs that make use of this lame library. (Tokai is so kind that he listed these apps in his readme)

Leo.

[ Edited by Leo on 2004/11/6 14:51 ]
    Nothing hurts a project more than developers not taking the time to let their community know what is going on.
  • »06.11.04 - 15:51
    Profile Visit Website
    @Leo

Lame? What do you mean? Why do you say that?
  • »06.11.04 - 15:57
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    @Leo:

1st thing: it's really lame to have no humour!

(sorry I couldn't resist)

2nd:
    So, and now to your suggestions... it's all completly nonsense! When you suggest already to hack the library then I expected at least that you looked at it with a HexEditor (or Multiview, when you don't have a hex editor). Them you would have noticed that's a lot more easy to get rid of the possibility that this little program gets installed even if you don't have dnetc running (it just starts and deletes itself btw., IT DOES NO HARM TO YOUR COMPUTER AT ALL).

Anyway.. if some interested developer wants the SDK to include get9 support in his programs, mail to karibu at gmx dot net. :-)

IMHO it's better to have a global solution for this instead every program has his own check, but well...

Have a nice day :-)

regards,
    tokai
  • »06.11.04 - 16:12
    Profile Visit Website
    Robin
    Hehe, had to switch off the dnetc client to see what it does ;-)
    I like the cow :-)
  • »06.11.04 - 16:18
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    @Leo: I wa sure we could agree about something :-)

Effect on me of that lib:
    * TranspoClock removed
    * statline removed
    * no more dnetc client for a little while (well any G3 is sloww...).

Bye
    MorphOS Rulez !
  • »06.11.04 - 16:44
    Profile Visit Website
  • Leo
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Leo
    @Tokai:

How could I have humour when:

1. MOS developers accuse me of not being motivated,... and so not helping mos development. Even though I'm spending *a lot* of my spare time to work on "usefull" (at least it is for me) stuff.

2. I see that people spend time working on such *useless* stuff

Tell me...

As for the solutions: I had dnetc running all the time so I did not see what your lib did... I just read what people reported here.
    I then had a look at the get9 lib with an hex editor and so what it was about... I did not spend time to exactly look at what it does.

btw, be it harmful or not, this is a "trojan".

Leo.

PS2: I now have stopped crunching keys... but as Nico said, a G3 is not powerfull so...

[ Edited by Leo on 2004/11/6 16:01 ]
    Nothing hurts a project more than developers not taking the time to let their community know what is going on.
  • »06.11.04 - 16:57
    Profile Visit Website
    analogkid
    I don't see where the problem is. It's only a message. doesn't format your partition and isn't dangerous in any way. It's just a joke (whether it's a good or bad joke, that's another question :-) )

[ Edited by analogkid on 2004/11/6 17:33 ]
  • »06.11.04 - 17:33
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    @leo:

I disagree now. Be more cool!

I don't know if you are motivated or not, but I'm sure you demotivate some french MorphOS dev...

Tokai rules 99.99% of the time, so don't blame him!
    the 0.01% are this annoying requester (even make me think to Windows !)

Anyway, I found many way to remove it:

- add I_KNOW_THAT_DNETC_RULEZ & I_KNOW_THAT_JO_IS_CUTE has env variable
    - Write "0x41820360" at offset 0x03ec.

Bye

[ Edited by NicoPPC on 2004/11/6 18:43 ]
    MorphOS Rulez !
  • »06.11.04 - 17:37
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    @leo:

Quote:

1. MOS developers accuse me of not being motivated,... and so not helping mos development. Even though I'm spending *a lot* of my spare time to work on "usefull" (at least it is for me) stuff.

Huh?

1. what has that todo with the "get9.library issue"

2. when I said something like this?

Fact is that i appreciate every effort. e.g. i played Raw-MorphOS a lot (it was by you, no?)

Quote:

2. I see that people spend time working on such *useless* stuff

Poseidon is full of eastereggs, anr had his "BUY O54", euph0ria is full of eastereggs (one is even public now: the snake game ;-) ). MacOS Classic or AmigaOS also had a lot EasterEggs.

Why do you think it's *useless* when a programmer has some fun with his hobby?

I really don't understand your problem as you yourself didn't encountered the requester at all.
    And you looked to the lib with an hex editor? Why you didn't saw the very easy and clean solution to dissable the feature? Why don't you post that solution/ trick? Really, I don't see a reason for "getting on the palm" that way. If you dont like the programs, don't use it. I don't have a problem with that. ;-)

Quote:

btw, be it harmful or not, this is a "trojan".

if you ever had looked with Exchange to the commodity description of moo then you would have noticed that it putting in that negative way is *useless*. Becaue I knew that already. ;-)

@Nico:

statline does not has this feature (yet) ;-)

[ Edited by tokai on 2004/11/6 18:52 ]
  • »06.11.04 - 17:49
    Profile Visit Website
  • Leo
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Leo
    @Nico: you don't know if I am but you clearly stated I wasn't... and btw, I don't know if I demotivate other one (don't think so) but what I'm sure is that you (ie: mos-team) does nothing to motivate people. And this kind of "joke" won't help :(

Leo.
  • »06.11.04 - 17:50
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Motosampy
    @analogkid

The problem is that my computer is a serious tool for me, if I wanted 'jokes' and similar progs installed without my knowlegde and with no instructions howto remove them, I'd use Windows... (I'm not attacking against any one, just wanted to inform people of this unwanted behaviour of a program that claims to be just a clock and a reminder)
  • »06.11.04 - 17:53
  • Leo
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Leo
    @Tokai: wasn't pointing at you (are you part of the mos-team ?)...

I don't like this kind of attitude, not your programs. and you will aggree that it is kinda different than eater eggs found in poseidon,... Other ones don't appear automaticaly and don't modify your harddisk in any way...

I'm being told that I demotivate people (while I clearly spend *a lot of time* working on and for morphos) and on the other side, I see this kind of stuff... You may understand why this makes me upset.

I also hate people telling me what I should or shouldn't do.

I didn't wanted to put some "bad mood"...

Leo.

PS: Yes, I did raw mos-port and I'm glad somebody had fun with it :)

[ Edited by Leo on 2004/11/6 17:05 ]
  • »06.11.04 - 18:04
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Brumiga
    Hello guys,

I have shut my internet 56k connection down and i have reboot my computer but nothing happened at the end of the boot, no annoying message from TranspoClock or any other program. I took a look inside TranspoClock, there is nothing about rc5-72, it is not the faulty/culprit. After that i ran VirusZ III 1.02, i have xvs.library 33.42, and i scanned all my partitions and the program did not report any virus or trojan inside any file/program. At the beginning i had my Pegasos 2, in April or Mai i posted a test https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=2048&forum=16 and someone answered that the hunk of elf files/programs are differents from 68k ones. Is that the reason why VirusZ III/xvs.library did not see anything about virus or trojan code ?

Brumiga
  • »06.11.04 - 22:04
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    @leo:

but you were repling to me, so i thought you meant me too.

And you said "MOS-Developers", and that's something I am.. and you too, or? :-)

Quote:

I'm being told that I demotivate people (while I clearly spend *a lot of time* working on and for morphos) and on the other side, I see this kind of stuff... You may understand why this makes me upset.

honest, I don't see any relation between this. I made it in _my_ time because I think it is/was fun. I'm always only working for my own satisfaction. W/o fun on my own i wouldn't do anything... and if someone appreciates (aka likes) the results of the work i did just for my own fun, then it's just a positive side effect. Not all ppl will like/appreciate these work, but that's very normal. Everyone has a different taste.

And. to bring it to a point: I don't see a reason why you should be upset because I made something for my own fun. It was my time I wasted not yours. :-)

Maybe you should try to think the same way and don't listen to people who don't like your work, ignore them and make the stuff you have fun with (or you need). And sorry if that's sound like I want to tell you what you should do or not.

:-)

regards,
    tokai

[ Edited by tokai on 2004/11/6 23:28 ]
  • »06.11.04 - 22:26
    Profile Visit Website