owb 1.14 probs. Can't show tyoutube correctly
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    _ThEcRoW
    Hello, the previous version i used(1.12) displayed the videos under html5 correctly. Now, it always says that i need to download the flash plugin and refuses to show the video.
    What could be happening?. I installed owb on separate folder(not updated tha last one directly) for testing, and seems that there is something wrong.
    I have configured the scripts part selecting youtube and fullscreen youtube .js files.
    Thanks in advance!!!
    Mac Mini G4 1,4ghz 1gb ram & MorphOS 3.11
  • »06.09.11 - 15:02
  • MorphOS Developer
    Piru
    Did you visit http://www.youtube.com/html5 and enable the html5 for youtube?
  • »06.09.11 - 15:40
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Did you use teh html5 functionof youtube before or the on the fly html5 mode. For the 1st option you must go to www.youtube.com/html5 and activate html5 mode. for the on the fly html5 movie generation you need to click one of the dynamically generated little links (just numbers) under black movie place holder that tells you you need the flash plugin.
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »06.09.11 - 15:43
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    _ThEcRoW
    Yes, of course i have html5 enabled in the youtube page.

I forgot to mention that i can't see any of the links you are referring to. It's strange that it shows a link to a "
    view with flash" page, but the html5 video don't shows up.

[ Edited by _ThEcRoW 06.09.2011 - 16:18 ]
  • »06.09.11 - 16:13
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    To get the links and thus the scripts working, html5 mode on youtube.*/html5must be disabled.
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »06.09.11 - 16:35
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    xyphoid
    through the flash plugin into the plugins folder anyway..
  • »06.09.11 - 17:16
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    Ok, a couple things...

First, get the Flash plugin. It helps even if it won't really be used in the end.
    Then, Youtube HTML5 mode recently changed a bit, and it's only shown if you have the cookie enabled (www.youtube.com/html5) *and* that you have a "regular" useragent like Safari or so (which was a silly thing to do).

So, i repeat, to view the youtube videos that are available as HTML5, you need to participate to the HTML5 trial and spoof as safari.

Now, for videos that are not available as HTML5 directly (or when the HTML5 isn't enabled), the youtube.js userscript is needed and will replace the Flash element with the WebKit builtin HTML5 player (and it will also show direct links as a bonus).

Oh, and Youtube also recently broke the fullscreen mode in HTML5 mode, so update with http://fabportnawak.free.fr/owb/scripts/YouTube_Fullscreen_Fix.js
  • »06.09.11 - 19:19
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    _ThEcRoW
    Thanks all for the tips. The only thing i see that works is spoofing as safari on html5, and not for all the videos.
    For the flash videos, it always complains about the lack of it, so no way of watch flash ones. Also tried to deactivate html5 trial as suggested, but no work.
  • »07.09.11 - 14:06
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    Well, since you see a message telling you don't have Flash, it's clearly because you didn't install Flash plugin. Why didn't you install it? Get it at http://fabportnawak.free.fr/owb/plugins/swfdec_plugin-1.2.lha

Then, have you read the Youtube section in the OWB readme?
    If so, did you add youtube.js and youtube_fullscreen_fix.js (the latter needs to be updated at http://fabportnawak.free.fr/owb/scripts/) through the userscript manager (windows -> scripts) ?
  • »07.09.11 - 14:21
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Youtube HTML5 mode recently changed a bit, and it's only shown if you have
    > the cookie enabled (www.youtube.com/html5) *and* that you have a "regular"
    > useragent like Safari or so (which was a silly thing to do).

"Silly" doesn't even come close to how I regard that decision ;-)

> for videos that are not available as HTML5 directly (or when the HTML5 isn't enabled),
    > the youtube.js userscript is needed

Alternatively, method #3 works rather well with such videos (on Youtube even with Flash plugin enabled).
  • »07.09.11 - 16:12
    stephen_robinson
    Fab,
    Quote:

So, i repeat, to view the youtube videos that are available as HTML5, you need to participate to the HTML5 trial and spoof as safari.

Right I've done that, but 99% of the video I try come up as Flash, it never use to be like that, the vast majority of recent uploads were HTML5 and worked great, have Youtube b*ggered up again?

Edited to add, enable the youtube scrips and everything seems good!

[ Edited by stephen_robinson 29.10.2011 - 23:49 ]
  • »29.10.11 - 23:35
    stephen_robinson
    That was with 1.15. so no, it doesn't fix the problem.
  • »30.10.11 - 09:33
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    There's no issue really. And most clips (paste one of yours that doesn't work) are available in HTML5 mode these days.

Anyway, to paraphrase my readme, there are 2 modes:
    [list]
    Youtube HTML5 mode, enabled by validating http://www.youtube.com/html5 *AND* by spoofing later as Safari/Firefox, because Youtube guys have fun filtering out exotic browsers just for fun.
    In this mode, don't forget to add the userscript "Scripts/youtube_fullscreen_fix.js" to bypass their fake fullscreen mode that only slows things down.
    [/list]

[list]
    Builtin HTML5 player mode, by adding the userscript "Scripts/youtube.js". To be noted you might still need the Flash plugin (swfdec) on some pages. So just install it, it won't be used at all for playback.
    [/list]

And that's all (and it really works).
  • »30.10.11 - 11:00
    Profile Visit Website
    stephen_robinson
    Well here's one that dosn't work with the Youtube HTML5 player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ&ob=av2e

I've validated HTML5 mode, and I'm spoofing, and everything comes up as flash.

This one does work, but it's the only one in the 30 odd I was trying
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNu8XoDeC30&feature=related

Oh, hang on, I've been trying music stuff, and little works, just tried some sports clips and they all work! Maybe they do it on purpose because it's easier to download HTML than flash? :-?

Hmm looks like I'll have to use the scrips way if I want to keep on downloading viewing music videos!
  • »30.10.11 - 11:55
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    Ok, these two links aren't available as HTML5, but it's Youtube's fault. But it still works flawlessly thanks to the Youtube.js script.
    So is it really a problem? :)

[ Edited by Fab 30.10.2011 - 14:59 ]
  • »30.10.11 - 15:58
    Profile Visit Website
  • TGR
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    TGR
    I tryed both links above fabs post and both work here in html5.
    Mini Mac G4 1.25, 1gb ram, 40 gig hdd, Registered Morphos 2.6.
  • »30.10.11 - 19:56
    stephen_robinson
    Just checked on my mother W*ndows 7 Opera 11.52, and Chrome, and 90%+ of the music videos I click on are Flash only, but the sports ones are HTML5.

So it looks like, with the scrips enabled, MorphOS+OWB > W*ndows browsers for downloading viewing HTML5 videos on Youtube!
  • »30.10.11 - 20:35
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > these two links aren't available as HTML5

The second one is, and that's what stephen_robinson said as well. The first video I can't try as it's not available from Germany.
  • »30.10.11 - 23:59
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > So it looks like, with the scrips enabled, MorphOS+OWB > W*ndows browsers
    > for downloading viewing HTML5 videos on Youtube!

The OWB script is based on this Greasemonkey script:

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/50771

So the "W*ndows browsers" have this capability as well.
  • »31.10.11 - 01:01
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > to view the youtube videos that are available as HTML5, you
    > need to participate to the HTML5 trial and spoof as safari.

It seems that currently neither is required any more. Youtube HTML5 videos work without spoofing here. And I don't even have to activate the HTML5 trial, i.e. I start OWB -> check that HTML5 trial is off -> paste video link into OWB -> video runs -> check HTML5 trial status again -> see that HTML5 trial is activated. And all that without using YouTube.js script. Nice :-)
  • »20.01.12 - 11:41
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    cip060
    You need to put the plugin in the plugin folder swfdec plugin.library OWB and activate your scripts!
    I see no problems videos on yputube.com and are converted directly without problems never used the link youtube flash 5!
  • »30.03.13 - 21:57