PolyNet 1.47 User Manual ? Need help setting it up.
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    macsociety
    OK, finally getting around to setting up my Mac Mini 1.5 system running MorphOS 3.1.

I like the idea of a dock and I understand the one and only dock for MorphOS is this PolyNet?

I downloaded a 1.47 version from the net.

Thing is, I am unsure how to set it up and use it.

There is no read me user manual that came with the download that I see.

When I launch the PolyNet a small window centers in the middle of my screen.

I am unsure how to move this little dock that has two items in it and how to position it elsewhere on my desktop and save it so it remembers where to be next boot.

Any basic guidance on how to properly launch, setup, use, and save my dock to position would be great.

Thanks

TJ

btw, I used Grunch to download the Goonies game and it played nicely for me. I also update OWB to 1.19. I even visited YouTube html5 and played a video. Very nice for a Amiga compatible system.
  • »07.02.13 - 23:46
    Profile Visit Website
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    macsociety
    For now I found Panels and using it.

Can Panels have sub-docks that spring from an icon clicked on that Panel or is that only a PolyNet thing?

tj
  • »08.02.13 - 00:37
    Profile Visit Website
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    macsociety,
    Quote:

I like the idea of a dock and I understand the one and only dock for MorphOS is this PolyNet?

There never is the one and only option. As you found MorphOS itself comes with dock/panel/whatever and it is going to be upgraded for more features in next MorphOS updates.

I'm also sure that there are more different options for dock program. I can't remember now if there are MorphOS native solutions, probably, but also many 68k versions found from Aminet would probably work too. PolyNet is just one of the most popular solutions. I myself use the non popular option by creating all that kinds of things with Magellan2...
  • »08.02.13 - 06:41
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Hi macsociety :-D

i have configured PolyNet in the pack Chrysalis as this:

i add a script in wbstartup with this line:

wbrun >nil: path:poly_net_ng/poly_net

this file contains prefs of your launch bar

at the startup wbrun launch the default tool of this file prefs contains in his icon (poly_net_ng, the executable of polynet_ng)

if you want to move bar, right click on bar, select prefs bar and click on arrows then save prefs

[ Edité par Papiosaur 09.02.2013 - 17:37 ]
  • »09.02.13 - 09:58
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    bash64
    I drop polynet in the wbstartup and that is it.
    It is quite good once you get used to it but it is very hard when just getting started.
    Right clicking the main bar will get you into the settings.
    The left side of the bar came become the dragging point.
    You can change that in settings as I remember.
    Still trying to win a powerbook on ebay so I can get back into the game.
    Mac G5 ISight 21" 2.5 gb of ram 233gb hd matshita dvd-r uj-846
    Powerbook G4 1.67ghz 2GB, ATI 9700M Pro 128mb
    1TB hd, DL-DVD Burner, Netgear pcmcia wireless card.
    ImageFX 4.5, PageStream 3.3, PhotoGenics 5.0
  • »11.02.13 - 10:52
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    _bigdan_
    OK, i'll check with Poly to write a complete tutorial for Polynet "for newbies".

Arnaud aka _bigdan_
  • »23.03.13 - 08:44
    Profile Visit Website
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Rats
    @macsociety

I had the same problem with mine opening in the middle of the screen when I first started using Polynet.

Right click for menus.
    Go onto 'edit bar settings' and then on the 'dragbar settings' click show and you should be able to move it around with the dragbar to be able to put it where you want.

Then on 'window settings' click fix on the 'move to window border' and it should stay fixed in the posistion when you reset.

[ Edited by Rats 23.03.2013 - 11:52 ]
  • »23.03.13 - 11:51
    Profile Visit Website