E-UAE configuration with Ultimate pack 3.1
  • Just looking around
    zoopster
    Hi,

First posting from a new MorphOS users with a PowerBook G4. I've got a fresh install of MorphOS and the Ultimate pack V3.1. I installed the Emulators to a Work partition rather than the System partition. When I try to run an ADF disk image using the context menu I can't get the ADF to run with the A1200 setting or "run in e-uae" options. I get a cannot find rom message appearing. I have managed to get E-UAE working and booting into the Kick 3.1 rom using the .uaerc configuration file. Very odd. Anybody got any suggestions on what might going wrong - perhaps the default location for the roms is misconfigured?

Alternatively is there a way for me to review the script or command the right click menu item is initialising for ADF file types?

Thanks,
    John

[ Edited by zoopster 18.08.2012 - 21:08 ]
  • »18.08.12 - 21:23
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > is there a way for me to review the script or command the right click menu item
    > is initialising for ADF file types?

The script should be located in SYS:Prefs/Ambient/filetypes/application/ I think.
  • »18.08.12 - 23:15
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    Or just go to Ambient settings -> mimetypes -> application/x-adf and see what command string is used.
  • »19.08.12 - 00:10
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    zoopster
    Problem solved. Thanks for the advise.

John
  • »19.08.12 - 23:06
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    zoopster
    Hi Papiosaur,

To fix the issue I changed the config file referenced in the adf filetype from "A1200-hires.conf" to "A1200.conf". I didn't realize it at the time but this enabled full screen mode by using the "amiga.screen_type=custom" option. I also manually added an assign for "PROGDIR" to my userstartup and that enabled the rom path to work correctly. I may also have changed the application and config paths in the adf filetype script (I no longer have the original so can't confirm that). Probably not the most efficient solution but it did the job! I have to say E-UAE looks great using the full screen mode on my PowerBook 5.8.

BTW thanks for doing an amazing job with the Ultimate Pack - it makes getting started for a new user much easier!

Cheers,
    John

[ Edited by zoopster 20.08.2012 - 20:43 ]
  • »20.08.12 - 21:43
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    CountRaven
    Quote:

added an assign for "PROGDIR" to my userstartup and that enabled the rom path to work correctly.

PROGDIR: states the current programm directory, if you assign this -which is a variable used by many applications for example Installer- this would cause the system to use the directory of your assign everytime the var PROGDIR is used. Correct me if I am wrong.
  • »28.08.12 - 03:52
    Profile Visit Website