Wordworth and MorphOS
  • Just looking around
    Murray
    I've just bought a second hand Efika with Morph 2.2. Will it run Wordworth? If so how do I install it? I do have Wordworth 6 on a CD and a USB CD drive. The install script on the CD though seems to do nothing.
  • »26.08.09 - 08:38
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Jeckel
    I use Wordworth 7 on MorphOS (on Pegasos 2).
    It works without any problem but I don't remember the way I installed it.

I guess it was just a copy of my A4k installation coz I have exactly the same custom fonts installed on both systems.
  • »26.08.09 - 18:00
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Ruud
    Does the install script expect to find the original Commodore Installer program? If it does you'll need to download the version from Aminet or update to MorphOS2.3 which has a replacement.

[ Edited by Ruud on 2009/8/26 19:26 ]
    "We live, we die, we laugh, we cry"
  • »26.08.09 - 19:22
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    pecanK
    I got WWorth7 working under 1.4 only and I had to install it under e-uae an then copied it to MorphOS but it didn't work quite correctly...but I think AmigaWriter2.20 works fine under 2.x,both 68k and PPC versions.try demo from Aminet/biz/haage
    pecaN of the Czech PowerPC User Group
  • »26.08.09 - 20:15
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    pecanK
    And also,if u r connected to the net with your EFIKA,try GoogleDocs which are reported to work nicely with Origyn Web Browser!
    pecaN of the Czech PowerPC User Group
  • »26.08.09 - 20:18
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    @pecanK

I can't comment on the installation, because i also installed it about 10 years ago (or so :)) on my 4000, and i just copied the existing installation.
    But one thing is sure: it works on MorphOS 2.x too. Maybe you just need to set some PICASSO=TRUE Tooltype or so. Also check what debuglog and snoopium say about it.
  • »27.08.09 - 00:45
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    Murray
    Yes some success. I put "installer" into the C directory (I should have thought of that myself).
    I was not able install to DH0: because the install script said there was not enough room on the harddrive!??? However I was able to install it to a Compact Flash card connected to a USB hub. Is this a file system issue?

I have used Wordworth (mostly 3.1) for years on my A1200s but I've never seen it going this fast.

I would still like to install it into the "Applications" directory if I can.
  • »27.08.09 - 05:01
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Does the install script expect to find the original Commodore
    > Installer program? If it does you'll need to download the version
    > from Aminet or update to MorphOS2.3 which has a replacement.

...or:

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=6339&forum=11&start=40#63972
  • »27.08.09 - 06:33
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Maybe you just need to set some PICASSO=TRUE Tooltype or so.

I guess this would't be enough.

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=552&forum=9#4049
    https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1465&forum=16#10664
  • »27.08.09 - 06:59
  • MorphOS Developer
    geit
    > I was not able install to DH0: because the install script said there was not enough room on the harddrive!??? However I was able to install it to a Compact Flash card connected to a USB hub. Is this a file system issue?

No, the original installer isn?t aware of drive sizes above 2GB or in other words depending on the space on harddrive it returns negative values as free capacity which the script interpreds as smaller than the needed space.

Several people have WordWorth running on 2.3 without any issue. On 2.2 there were a few problems with text boxes, AFAIR.

Geit

[ Edited by geit on 2009/8/27 11:11 ]
  • »27.08.09 - 10:09
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DoctorMorbius_FP
    Many years ago I installed Wordworth 7 on MorphOS 1.3 copying the existing installation from my Amiga 4000.

Wordworth 7 always run pretty fine on my Pegasos II, with PICASSO=TRUE tooltype, and no other special setting. It runs on 8-bit, 16-bit amd 24-bit screens without problems and prints correctly.

A problem arose with MorphOS 2.0 and still is present in MorphOS 2.3. All text and vector graphics are now displayed red instead than black. See here. I have a dual boot system and starting with MorphOS 1.4.5 everything in the page displayed is black as it should.

I found no way to correct this, but I didn't mind because printing is still done with correct colours, only the display is affected.

I had very few free time in the last year, so I forgot and never signalled this bug (?) of MorphOS 2.x.. Since I'm just coming from summer vacancies, this is the right time to mention the problem, just before real life eats again all my time...

[ Edited by DoctorMorbius_FP on 2009/8/28 14:36 ]