Futur Pack Ultimate for MorphOS 3.0
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Hello all,

this is last beta of the pack Ultimate for MorphOS 2.7.

http://www.meta-morphos.org/download/pack/installpack.lha

I have added "Better Look Pack" realised by Miky060 (thanks a lot Miky060 for this pack) and i have remove some software to reduce archive size (games for exemple) and others changes.

I would like to ask you what do you want to have in the pack for MorphOS 3.0.

Don't hesitate to purpose too bootimage, wallpapers, softs, scripts, etc...

Thanks a lot for your suggestions, contributions, participation to help me in this project ;-)

[ Edité par Papiosaur 30.11.2011 - 21:04 ]
  • »30.11.11 - 21:03
    Profile Visit Website
    Miky060
    I am pleased to have my pack inserted in your product, I think it's a nice "marriage".

Nice too hear also that you eliminated some directories, they were really too many. For the future if you can implement possibility for the user to choose if the "Applications" can be installed in the root directory. I explain better: many old amigans use to have a partition for the system and a partition dedicated to software, let's call it "Work" (many like me, have still another separate partition foto Data like movies, Music, Documents..) so your installer put stuff in Word:Applications/ In this way if I have to launch Gribillouis I have to open Work, than open "Application" directory, than open Paint and then I get the GB3 drawer. If all the content of "Application" would be in main work partition I would find it cleaner, beacuse that partition is there FOR Application!
    If it's not to complex try to create a more flexible installer that allow the user to choice.
    This does not diminish your pack that is a great product and represents a big effort that must be apreciated by everyone. Me is the first.

[ Edited by Miky060 30.11.2011 - 23:31 ]

PegasosII "Elite" Machine --> PowerMac MDD "popular" Machine --> MacMini 1.5 "still more popular" Machine
  • »30.11.11 - 23:27
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    @Miky060,

Using the "Doc" (can't think of it's name at the moment) to launch programs, or leaving an icon on the desktop makes for a fast way to find applications to run.

The Pack Ultimate might not have the best layout of partitions and directories for everyone. but you would probably get 15 different choices from 15 different MorphOS users. No way to please everyone.

[ Edited by amigadave 30.11.2011 - 20:42 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »01.12.11 - 03:46
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Since many versions, the user can install Applications, Emulators ans Games where he want, for exemple:

Applications in Work: partition
    Emulators in Emulators: partition
    Games in Games: partition

;-)

Many users have do this suggestions.

Thanks Miky060 for this beautiful marriage :-D
  • »01.12.11 - 06:36
    Profile Visit Website
    Miky060
    Papiosaur,
    Quote:

Nice! I did not know this. When I installed Ultimate Pack it was one of the first releases..
    So there is nothing to improve in your pacakge, its perfect! :-D

[ Edited by Miky060 01.12.2011 - 10:58 ]

PegasosII "Elite" Machine --> PowerMac MDD "popular" Machine --> MacMini 1.5 "still more popular" Machine
  • »01.12.11 - 10:57
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    CountRaven
    What about those who have already installed the 1.6.4 version?

how should we install it?
  • »01.12.11 - 21:41
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    CountRaven
    @Papiosaur:

Correct me if I am wrong but was there a live update feature in some previous versions?
  • »02.12.11 - 01:10
    Profile Visit Website