• Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

Eva wrote:
    ... 31/1/2010 23:59 pm is the way ...

My birthday...and everyone celebrates.
    I take a mental bow as my hubris know no bounds.

BTW - Could SOMEONE help me get Quake III installed (as per prior message - I must be doing something stupid)
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »29.12.10 - 17:25
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    Quote:

(Seems DoctorMorbius_FP and me are not the only ones with the strange OWB behaviour here on MZ starting with OWB v1.11.)

Playing with the webinspector, it seems WebKit still handles properly a font-weight:bold, but not font-weight:600 as it's currently used in MorphZone (right click over the link, select inspect and change the font-weight css attribute to change it in real time).

Not exactly sure why, though (it's really quite platform-independant).

[ Edited by Fab on 2010/12/29 19:31 ]
  • »29.12.10 - 19:28
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > it seems WebKit still handles properly a font-weight:bold, but not font-weight:600
    > as it's currently used in MorphZone

Thanks for investigating. Let's hope for a corresponding bugfix in next OWB's WebKit revision then :-)
  • »29.12.10 - 19:56
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    magnetic
    Quote:

you seem to insist a lot about it, have you tried to contact him directly or through the mailing list ?

Yes I insist a lot about it as it was announced and shown working 2months ago and I bought the game...

I tried him on iRC a couple of times but he's pretty busy.
    Pegasos 2 Rev 2B3 w/ Freescale 7447 "G4" @ 1ghz / 1gb Nanya Ram
    Quad Boot: MorphOS 2.7 | Amiga OS4.1 U4 | Ubuntu PPC GNU/Linux | OS X 10.4
  • »30.12.10 - 01:05
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Simon
    As far as I remember you have to install Quake on a PC first and transfer certain files to your MorphOS machine in a map with the morphos executable. Should be in the readme ?
    Proud member of the Belgian Amiga Club since 2003

• »30.12.10 - 09:43
    Profile Visit Website
    Golem
    Quote:

Jim wrote:
    I must be doing something wrong. I've moved all the Q3 files to the Work volume, I've got 73.3GBs of space, but whern I attempt to install it I get a message stating "You need about 500MB free storage to install to "Work"" and I also get an installer message "bin/q3freechk: Unknown command".

I thought I followed the readme instructions.
    Any idea what I might have over looked?

That error message above pretty much says it, bin/q3freechk is not in your Quake III drawer, so it seems you didn't move all files. What exactly did you do?

@Oepabakkes
    Actually the included installer should do just fine if you have an original Quake III CD.

[ Edited by Golem on 2010/12/30 11:19 ]
  • »30.12.10 - 10:17
    Profile Visit Website
    Simon
    I must be mistaken with Quake 2 then. Quake 3 has an installer ?

• »30.12.10 - 10:27
    Profile Visit Website
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

Golem wrote:
    Quote:

Jim wrote:
    I must be doing something wrong. I've moved all the Q3 files to the Work volume, I've got 73.3GBs of space, but whern I attempt to install it I get a message stating "You need about 500MB free storage to install to "Work"" and I also get an installer message "bin/q3freechk: Unknown command".

I thought I followed the readme instructions.
    Any idea what I might have over looked?

That error message above pretty much says it, bin/q3freechk is not in your Quake III drawer, so it seems you didn't move all files. What exactly did you do?

@Oepabakkes
    Actually the included installer should do just fine if you have an original Quake III CD.

[ Edited by Golem on 2010/12/30 11:19 ]

Ah! I DO have the original PC install disk, but the readme doesn't even mention it. Anyone got any idea where I might find better documentation for instillation. I think I've got everything I need but the readme file included in what I have just isn't going to get this task done.

BTW - Thank you both for these concise replies.
  • »30.12.10 - 15:33
    Simon
    It is included in the readme ! ... it says you have to copy the drawer in the archive to the desired place on your hard disk ... you didn't unpack the archive, but are trying to run the installer in the archive and ofcours there is no 500MB space in there. Or did you that already ? If yes I have no idea what is ging on.

[ Edited by Oepabakkes on 2010/12/30 16:47 ]

• »30.12.10 - 15:45
    Profile Visit Website
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Yes, I copied the archive to the work drawer, unpacked it, and tried to run the installer. That's where I think Golem might be right. Is there something off the original CD needed? The readme seems very simple and straight forward (and doesn't mention the CD)..
    But you've seen the results I get in my prior post. Its frustrating because it should be simple (according to the readme). It's more than frustrating.

[ Edited by Jim on 2010/12/30 16:01 ]
  • »30.12.10 - 16:00
    Simon
    I did install it. When you select installquake3, it asks to put the quake 3 cdrom in the drive and push next ... that was all there was to it. Only a shame that after a few games my powermac locked up. Maybe I should place an extra cooler on the Sonnet ? Or maybe it has something to do with the Audigy ? Sound does crackle a little.

• »30.12.10 - 16:16
    Profile Visit Website
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Interesting, it doesn't ask me for the CD. Could be related to some of the weirder DVD drive issues I've had.

Thank you very much for spending so much of your time on this for me it was most considerate.
  • »30.12.10 - 19:41
    Simon
    I am on Holidays. The one thing I like about holidays, is staying home and do things I like to do wihout people telling me what to do ( wife included )

So in other words ... if I spend my time on things like this, it's because I like to do that :-)

[ Edited by Oepabakkes on 2010/12/30 22:13 ]

• »30.12.10 - 21:12
    Profile Visit Website
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Coming from the US, I envy Europeans when it come to the relationship they usually have with their employers. Here each year seems to bring more demands placed on our time, increasing our work load, and limiting our input as to our work schedules.
    Our health care system is excellent, but lacks sensible provisions for universal care (leaving a current 50 million US citizens without health coverage).
    And most europeans seeems to have more available paid holiday time, where as in the US holiday time is difficult to obtain and often related to the length of your employment. And as to length of employment, there seems to be no trust between workers and employers anymore making a long term relationship with a single employer less likely.

It's getting ugly here, the financial sector has experienced some recovery, but our true unemployment rate hovers at close to 20%.
    And the US population has a frightening number of gun owners. I keep hearing common everyday people repeatedly telling me that while they think things are bad, they fear they could get much worse.
    If one day, you in europe see a massive melt down occuring in the US, I hope you'll tremember kinder days when we looked out for your interests, because I fear we may not survive this without assistence.

I don't post this to scare you guys, only to let you know that things aren't just bad in Greece and a few spots you've been worried about lately, they really are tough all over. And, as has been said, it might get a lot worse.

[ Edited by Jim on 2010/12/30 22:12 ]

[ Edited by Jim on 2010/12/30 22:12 ]

[ Edited by Jim on 2010/12/30 22:13 ]
  • »30.12.10 - 22:11
    Simon
    In the short term we can only take it as it comes. In the long term ... I honestly hope it's not the case but... time will tell

• »30.12.10 - 23:40
    Profile Visit Website
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Yes, all I'm concerned about is the short term. I'm sure we've got at least a year here to see how our recently restructured Congress and our President work together and whether or not the general public welfare improves (or doesn't).
    Basically, if we go into another election cycle in the same state (or worse), I think that's when its likely to hit the fan.

I can't understand how my country is in this state and I look at the Germans (who have re-integrated with their impovrished eastern half and seem to be doing quite well) and I wonder what our disfunction is.

Thank you for your consideration in even reading this rant. But there is a great deal of tension over here.
  • »31.12.10 - 00:38
  • JJ
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    JJ
    Well having a complete fookking idiot running the show for two terms can not have helped.

Bill clinton one of the best presidents you have seen over the recent years and ran ouyt office just cause he couldnt keep his penis in his pants. Makes you wonder.

I think a lot of the issues stems from just how big and diverse the usa is.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2
  • »31.12.10 - 10:04
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    It's frightening hearing something lucid like that coming from Wales. Remember if I voiced that opinion here a significant number of so called conservatives would verbally (or physically) abuse me.
    I'm not sure if its as much of a diversity issue as it is a raging stupidity issue, Or maybe its all those religious fanatics that came here because they felt persecuted.
  • »31.12.10 - 11:02
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    jcmarcos
    I thought Ms. Lewinsky was sent by the CIA/NSA/whatever to grease the sittuation (pun intended), and help with the former president's quit...

(let's break the offtopicness record!)
  • »31.12.10 - 11:35
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Why not? That was the most embarassing part of the Clinton asministration. Come to think about it, 8 years of economic growth and only a sex scandal marring it is probaly better than 10 long years of economic decline and two unjustifiable wars.
  • »31.12.10 - 12:17
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    magnetic
    Jim

You have very valid and lucid points. HOWEVER ONCE AGAIN you hijacked a thread. You must stop doing this. Start a new one dont hijack productive threads.

Still no official answer on Wolfenstein release?? wtf?
    Pegasos 2 Rev 2B3 w/ Freescale 7447 "G4" @ 1ghz / 1gb Nanya Ram
    Quad Boot: MorphOS 2.7 | Amiga OS4.1 U4 | Ubuntu PPC GNU/Linux | OS X 10.4
  • »31.12.10 - 23:59
    Profile Visit Website
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    @Andreas

Quote:

> it seems WebKit still handles properly a font-weight:bold, but not font-weight:600
    > as it's currently used in MorphZone

Thanks for investigating. Let's hope for a corresponding bugfix in next OWB's WebKit revision then :-)

I found the culprit...
    The freetype backend only has a binary state for this font weight stuff, either bold or not bold. And they have changed the threshold from 600 (semi-bold) to 700 (standard bold value).

[ Edited by Fab on 2011/1/1 15:52 ]
  • »01.01.11 - 15:47
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > they have changed the threshold from 600 (semi-bold)
    > to 700 (standard bold value).

This sounds like a deliberate change. So automatically bold-faced hyperlinks in OWB won't return to MorphZone, I guess. Pity.
  • »01.01.11 - 21:13
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    Well, i can change it. I don't see what harm it would do to consider semi-bold as bold. Better than treating it as normal text.
  • »01.01.11 - 22:27
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > i can change it.

That would be fabulous :-) Thanks in advance.
  • »01.01.11 - 23:20