Two more weeks?
  • Just looking around
    amigaguy
    I'm just curious. What's the deal with the line "Two more weeks" on the page http://www.morphos.de/?

It's been like that for quite some while now :)
  • »12.11.06 - 17:19
    Profile Visit Website
    Senex
    It's a kind of self-mockery by the MorphOS-Team.

From experience during the long and sad Amiga history, it became a dictum to say that some product which is supposed to be released not that soon (if ever) is just "two more weeks" away.

A more recent figure of speech, though, would be to say that software XY will be part of MorphOS 1.5. ;-)

[Disclaimer to the MorphOS Team: This is no whining; I don't have a problem at all with 1.5 being released "when it's done".]
  • »12.11.06 - 17:45
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Nitro
    It's a community joke that's all. Everything is always two more weeks away for software being released or two more weeks for hardware shown. It's more like two more decades.
  • »12.11.06 - 17:48
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Donar
    It's like you being Zac Mc Kracken finding some gas in a locker at a Mars base, examining it and saying: "I don't need it it's for a different game"* :D

Hope you played Maniac Mansion and Zac Mc Kracken :)
  • »12.11.06 - 19:56
  • MorphOS Developer
    CISC
    Quote:

It's a kind of self-mockery by the MorphOS-Team.
    [...]
    [Disclaimer to the MorphOS Team: This is no whining; I don't have a problem at all with 1.5 being released "when it's done".]

I don't think the disclaimer is necessary, we'd be hard pressed (or out of pizzas) to view this ultimate truth as whining... ;)

- CISC
  • »12.11.06 - 20:58
    Senex
    Quote:

I don't think the disclaimer is necessary, we'd be hard pressed (or out of pizzas) to view this ultimate truth as whining... ;)

Well, if your and/or bigfoot's local pizzeria accepts PayPal payments, I'd try if ordering one for you could re-subscribe me to the MorphOS mailing-list. ;-)
  • »12.11.06 - 21:38
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    CISC
    Quote:

Well, if your and/or bigfoot's local pizzeria accepts PayPal payments, I'd try if ordering one for you could re-subscribe me to the MorphOS mailing-list. ;-)

Although I'm sure we wouldn't mind that, you have to deal with henes to get that done, so probably you have to burn a bus or two first... ;)

- CISC
  • »12.11.06 - 22:30