FPSE?FPSE!
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    pecanK
    Hi people, i've got some questions about FPSE, because it is not working good... i've got g3/600,Voodoo3 and the latest osemu1.7 (or at least i hope it's 1.7 because version command reports that it is 1.6)

I tried several versions downloaded from www.amidog.com :

OS4revision3
    ------------

I haven't managed to launch the program at all!!! It complains about failing to open gpupete.dll, which of course is located in plugin directory. This is something which always makes me mad : a program tells me it doesn't have something but IT IS THERE!!!

OS4revision2
    ------------

This one is working. I tested FIFA2002 originalCD, it loads succesfully but it is unplayably slow. Maybe continuous reading from the disc during the game slows it down? i created an iso image of the cd in MakeCD but when i load it into FPSE, it reports about some weird "bad hankaku code" and fails to start. I also tested WRC rally original, the starting animation is played at good speed, but no sound is heard and when the screen with language selection appears, no key is active and i have to exit Also, when I exit from it, the shell output ends with "remove sound" message, cpu usage stays at maximum and i have to reboot.

FPSE for Amiga and WarpOS
    -------------------------

This one is loading data from CD much slower, and has got some graphic bugs so the screen is broken and fpse freezes.

So please, help me if u can
    pecaN of the Czech PowerPC User Group
  • »12.06.05 - 10:13
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    marcik
    Add "c:PatchLoadSegOS4 >NIL:" into your user-startup sequence and it should start working. (PatchLoadSegOS4 is in OS4Emu package).
  • »12.06.05 - 10:56
  • MorphOS Developer
    itix
    "Command version" refers to os4emu launcher command itself. It probably gets removed in the future.

In order to run FPSE on OS4Emu you need PatchLoadSegOS4 as Marcik said already. FPSE starts #?.dll plugins by calling System() function. This is mapped to MorphOS equivalent of this very same function but without LoadSeg() patch it fails to load (and execute) OS4 native binaries.

Install patch and FPSE works.
    1 + 1 = 3 with very large values of 1
  • »12.06.05 - 23:41
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Wishmaster
    Sigh, do they never read the docs :-(
    Pegasos PPC
  • »12.06.05 - 23:52