Interested in helping make a website to help us get more sof
  • Targhan
    If you want to still use boing's space, I can always just point that domain to his server. Or if you prefer, you could have an introductory page here. It's your call. I generally think it's best to have more than one way to get to a site. :-)

Let me know what you think, and I'll either point the domain to his server or create a user for Posure. (Assuming of coarse that my regsitrar will allow me to point a subdomain off-site..)
    :idea:Targhan

MorphOS portal? www.MorphZone.org
  • »19.05.04 - 16:55
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    If you can point it to his server then lets do that. I like the name and it would work out great I think. Get in touch with Boing and see what he thinks as well as Posure. Looks like we have the last part of the puzzle in place now!! If your host wont allow it will the site here be a stand alone look? I just want people to get to the site directly and not have to get lost in all the good stuff to look at here if it would require them to hit a link on the main site to see it.
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »19.05.04 - 17:30
    Profile Visit Website
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    posure
    Please try to get the subdomain pointed to the other server. Clickthroughs are annoying, it'd be best just to link from the other site, or maybe if this site has an RSS feed (I don't know if it does or not), we could cache headlines over there and link here.

Anyone have any site features they want? I haven't really seen many posts regarding features.
    psr.
    alkjfdjkahsSTRESSED OUTasjhfakdfa
  • »20.05.04 - 00:58
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    brotheris
    It's no biggie, but it should have some connection to MDC where developers hang out. For example RSS feed with open bounties, some developers will be tempted this way.

It should basicaly have few steps:

1.Propositions - where (registered) users could file some wishes with links to original website (if for port), descriptions.

2.Accepted propositions, this would be equal to open bounties. Should list contributors, how much they donate to project. "View More" should have max info for potential developer.

3.Work in progress should be same as above, but developer(s) included, deadlines, it even might have blog like mini status reports, etc.

4.Finished reports, from there we could go to Hall Of Fame where developers would be listed (what they've contributed, etc), in second Hall Of Fame part would be contributors, how many they've spent total, etc.

5.Dropped projects where contributors could place reasons why such a project is no no or why can't it be done.

That's for the start.

[EDIT]
    Oh, don't don't use css for your website. MorphOS browsers don't support it at all. Use simple html4 transitional with clear table based layout and you'll have 0 problems then.
    Home sweet home is Pegasos User Group Lithuania
  • »20.05.04 - 10:53
    Profile Visit Website
    Kronos
    >1. vnc server
    >2. full featured FTPd (a port from some of the linux ones even like proFTPd)
    >3. Mail server
    >4. Full featured word processor

Papyrus is allmost ready, but a port of AbiWord might still be interesting.

>5. TCP/IP stack
    Supposed to be MOS1.5 (AmiTCP), no sense in duplicating work.

>6. SAMBA in native code
    >7. File lister like Dopus in native code
    Should (and hopefully) will be part of Ambient long before anybody can write it from scatch.

>8. xpostfacto or MacOnMorphOS
  • »20.05.04 - 12:46
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    posure
    Quote:

Oh, don't don't use css for your website. MorphOS browsers don't support it at all. Use simple html4 transitional with clear table based layout and you'll have 0 problems then.

Sorry I don't have a MorphOS computer..they seriously don't support CSS? grr..thought everything these days supported CSS. Thanks for the info.
    psr.
  • »20.05.04 - 17:38
    Profile Visit Website
    Miky060
    >>6. SAMBA in native code
    >>7. File lister like Dopus in native code

> Should (and hopefully) will be part of Ambient

No, sadly 'it seems' new Ambient will adopt a new approach to manage files. It seems Zapek abandoned the idea to implement the so loved listers ala Opus in front of a new and better system.
    Personally I love so much lister that I would pay to have them implemented. I wanna my bar on the top with images for copy, move, rename, etc.... :-(

PegasosII "Elite" Machine --> PowerMac MDD "popular" Machine --> MacMini 1.5 "still more popular" Machine
  • »21.05.04 - 00:18
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Estrayk
    >8. xpostfacto or MacOnMorphOS

This is opensource??? I think not. And if the author havent an own pegasos board, how the hell we can wish a port? :-?
    Config: PegasosII G4/1000, 256MB DDR400, VooDoo 3000 AGP
  • »21.05.04 - 01:04
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    The XpostfaxtO author has been talked to about it and seemed into the idea. I think he was even offered a board. If we make it a bountie then maybe he will take the challenge. You never know.
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »21.05.04 - 03:30
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Hello,

I was had some ideas about a bounty system, It was for a unofficial website of a handheld (Zodiac, a PalmOS based handheld gaming device, very interesant), but you can use the concepts that you like ;)

http://www.emuboards.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=13546&st=0

Regards,
    timofonic
  • »04.06.04 - 03:12
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    A suggestion: Please not use non-native interface stuff, so please not use wxwidgets and not port it, will trash MorphOS with crap ports (and example is QNX, now a lot of gtk #### and not using the native and fast Photon interface...).
  • »04.06.04 - 03:40
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    posure
    Very nice ideas, timofonic, thank you.

I will be making a post regarding how the site will function and what features it will have soon.
    psr.
  • »07.06.04 - 08:05
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Good to hear! I cant wait to see your work. We still need someone that can take the challenge up and open an account that is only for this bountie system, then set up a paypal account with it. All the money for all the bounties can go in one account as long as the website will show each one and total it up seperate. When the bountie os completewejust draw fromthe account and pay that way. I cant do it since I am gone so much. I would like to see someone that owns a shop or something do it.
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
  • »07.06.04 - 17:31
    Profile Visit Website