When is Ultimate Pack for MorphOS 3.4 is being released?
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    nobrainer
    I have just installed a fresh 3.4 and then the latest Chrysalis over it and now it all looks @#$@#%#$ up?!

After reboot, it did not find my desktop background picture, there is no WALLPAPERS folder in the Prefs folder anymore and there is no Skin available that I've chosen before, the Amiga OS4-ish one, what was it called, can't remember now.

The existing skin looks like very bad, the default skin NOX2 with bad blue/violet colors.. is that the default/normal one?

Please someone tell me something went wrong with the pack install, because I don't like this. There is no Chrysalis menu on the right click either, so something's fishy with this installation?

I did the re-install of both, the OS and Chrysalis, twice.. got the same thing... won't do it again until someone explains what is going on. :)

Thanks.

p.s. Right click on desktop also does nothing anymore, no popup menus to select etc... can hardly believe this is normal?!

[ Edited by nobrainer 28.12.2013 - 16:55 ]
  • »28.12.13 - 17:50
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    danwood
    Quote:

nobrainer wrote:
    I have just installed a fresh 3.4 and then the latest Chrysalis over it and now it all looks @#$@#%#$ up?!

After reboot, it did not find my desktop background picture, there is no WALLPAPERS folder in the Prefs folder anymore and there is no Skin available that I've chosen before, the Amiga OS4-ish one, what was it called, can't remember now.

The existing skin looks like very bad, the default skin NOX2 with bad blue/violet colors.. is that the default/normal one?

Please someone tell me something went wrong with the pack install, because I don't like this. There is no Chrysalis menu on the right click either, so something's fishy with this installation?

I did the re-install of both, the OS and Chrysalis, twice.. got the same thing... won't do it again until someone explains what is going on. :)

Thanks.

p.s. Right click on desktop also does nothing anymore, no popup menus to select etc... can hardly believe this is normal?!

Chrysalis usually changes a lot of the default settings, themes, icons, mui features, colors etc. I agree though, I spend ages restoring them all back to defaults/my preferences after installing.

I asked Papi if there could be an option in the next pack to just install the programs and not change settings, guess this didn't make it in?

[ Edited by danwood 28.12.2013 - 17:28 ]
  • »28.12.13 - 18:24
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    nobrainer
    Yes, something is definitely not right with this Chrysalis pack installation.

While I really do appreciate this work and love it, I will just re-install the OS again and will not install the Chrysalis until this is confirmed to work properly.

Thank you Papiosaur, keep up the good work!
  • »28.12.13 - 18:39
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    WeiXing3D
    Unfortunately, because I love Ultimate Pack or Chrysalis and papiosaur is a super cool guy, I'm afraid that I have to agree with above posts and uninstall Chrysalis 3.4.1 until a better and more Mac Mini G4 1.42GHz friendly version is available.

I had all sort of issues after installing. See other posts on the subject.
    MacMini G4 1.5GHz with MorphOS 3.9 FPGA MiST w/AmigaOS 3.9 (PFS3), FPGA Replay w/AmigaOS3.9, Amiga 1200 SCSI CD-RW, X-SURF 100 w/Rapidroad USB, External FDD with Chinon and Gotek units and Acer Aspire One ICAROS
  • »28.12.13 - 20:02
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    WeiXing3D
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote:
    I will prepare a version 3.4.2 of the pack with new improvement and remove prefs files...

See, I said so...you are a super cool gu! Merci beacoup papiosaur.
    MacMini G4 1.5GHz with MorphOS 3.9 FPGA MiST w/AmigaOS 3.9 (PFS3), FPGA Replay w/AmigaOS3.9, Amiga 1200 SCSI CD-RW, X-SURF 100 w/Rapidroad USB, External FDD with Chinon and Gotek units and Acer Aspire One ICAROS
  • »28.12.13 - 20:27
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Toto
    Come on guys instead of relying on somebody else to do all the hard work for you, install software yourself and learn from it.

The Ultimate Pack is nice for newcommers to MorphOS who want a ready to run system with lots of software, but wouldn't it be nice to set things up yourselves?

I can't imagine you're happy reinstalling everything every time a new MorphOS update is released, be in control of your own computer instead of relying on somebody else to do all the hard work for you. I always like to set up my system the way I like it, it's just more rewarding and you might learn something from it.

Just my two cents worth of advice...
  • »28.12.13 - 22:20
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    nobrainer
    @Toto

You may be right there.. I indeed have learned a lot in this time owning a Mac Mini and will take your advice now and not wait for Papiosaur (but I appreciate his effort and support very much, also the work of all the devs and others here) and have already installed Grunch and downloading and installing by hand and learning even more in the process.

Thanks for the advice, got me off my lazy a**. :D
  • »28.12.13 - 22:45
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    I also think Papiosaur's work is excellent and very good for complete newbies. But there should be a middle ground: a homepage with suggestions and installation instructions for all those good to have software and games. Anyone up to it, or must I do it myself? :-P
    AMIGA FORUM - Hela Sveriges Amigatidning!
    AMIGA FORUM - Sweden's Amiga Magazine!

My MorphOS blog
  • »28.12.13 - 23:36
    Profile Visit Website
  • DH1
  • Just looking around
    DH1
    Hi all!

Help please!

The Crysalis Pack installed after restart the wireless internet does not work anymore.

PowerBook 5.8
    Atheros 5000 compatible wifi card: TP-Link TL-WN310G

OWB: Error 6: Couldn't resolve host name

The network settings are correct!
    The wireless network works good with default MOS3.3 or 3.4.
    After re-starting the OWB works on MOS3.3-3.4.

With Crysalis: don't work ...

The previous pack the same cause this error!

Idea?

Thx!
  • »16.01.14 - 22:33
    Profile Visit Website
  • DH1
  • Just looking around
    DH1
    Hi Papiosaur!

I really like the Crysalis Pack!
    Great work!

I deleted network-startup.
    Unfortunately does not work! :(
  • »17.01.14 - 00:55
    Profile Visit Website
  • DH1
  • Just looking around
    DH1
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote:
    @DH1 : and with a RJ45 cable ?

Yes, working.

Wireless not working ...

Default MOS 3.3 and 3.4 both working, always.

incomprehensible ... :(
  • »21.01.14 - 01:01
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    SoundSquare
    Quote:

Toto wrote:
    Come on guys instead of relying on somebody else to do all the hard work for you, install software yourself and learn from it.

The Ultimate Pack is nice for newcommers to MorphOS who want a ready to run system with lots of software, but wouldn't it be nice to set things up yourselves?

I can't imagine you're happy reinstalling everything every time a new MorphOS update is released, be in control of your own computer instead of relying on somebody else to do all the hard work for you. I always like to set up my system the way I like it, it's just more rewarding and you might learn something from it.

Just my two cents worth of advice...

not only for newcomers but also for old users like me who got tired of endless manual installations and digging the web for missing components since 2004 (it was fun in the beginning i admit).
    Of course there's the "package manager" from Geit but there's not all of it in there.
  • »22.01.14 - 18:31
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    wolfe
    The Ultimate Pack is life saver for me (still a noob LOL), let alone the noobs to MorphOS. Scouring around for software is a pain, and then you forget something and keep trying to figure out what you left out. The Ultimate Pack ROCKS.

Dave
  • »22.01.14 - 20:54