• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Now that A-Eon and AmigaKit have decided to sell the Nemo motherboard separately, instead of only as a complete system, I am willing to donate money toward purchasing one, or two Nemo motherboards for MorphOS Dev. Team members who are interested in porting MorphOS3.x to the X1000 system.

I think everyone can agree that the sales of the X1000 have exceeded the expectations we all had when the price of the X1000 was first announced. The continuing demand for the X1000 shows that many people are willing to pay the price to own such a unique piece of hardware.

The fact that a 2nd retailer has now started to assemble and sell the X1000 systems, is surprising and good news that shows there must be continuing demand for such systems, despite their high cost for the amount of performance provided. To my knowledge, the X1000 systems have proved to be very reliable and well built motherboards.

If any of the MorphOS Dev. Team members would agree to port MorphOS3.x to the X1000, I believe I could further reduce the number of computers I need/want to have in my house, as I could then run AmigaOS4.x, MorphOS3.x, and several flavors of PPC Linux, which should satisfy 99.999% of my computing needs on just one computer.

If any MorphOS Dev. Team members are interested in working on a port of MorphOS3.x to the X1000, please contact me in this thread, or privately through PM, or email. If any other X1000 owners (or potential owners) wish to join me in funding the purchase of 1 or 2 Nemo motherboards for MorphOS Dev. Team members, you can also contact me, or post your position here in this thread.

Of course, if no MorphOS Dev. Team members are interested in doing such a porting project, then this subject in null and void.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »22.10.13 - 21:28