• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    @hooligan,

this discussion is not about getting OS4.x programmers to switch to MorphOS.

My comments are more about EVERYONE who reads the fighting and bad mouthing that happens (not here, but mostly on other forum sites), gets a bad perception. Potential users and developers for MorphOS community will mostly come from current and former Amiga 68k users and programmers, not from OS4.x users and programmers. The OS4.x users and programmers have already chosen which PPC Amiga NG system they want to use (for the most part). There are a few that switch and there are more that are interested in using both. The fighting, or bashing turns off a lot of people on all sides, no matter who does it, or who it is aimed at.

There are also a few programmers and computer enthusiast that join the Amiga community that have zero prior experience with the Amiga, like the Mac guy who just bought an X1000, after buying a SAM and a MacMini earlier, to run both OS4.x and MorphOS2.7.

When a community is as small as ours is, why promote, or say it is okay and makes no difference to do things that might push some new users and developers away. I say we need every single user and programmer we can get. It is obvious that not everyone feels the same way though, and I don't expect everyone to agree with me and I have already written ten times as much as I ever wanted to on this topic.

I would like to have everyone understand what I am writing about, even if they don't agree with me, which is why I have spent so much time trying to explain myself.

This is about perception of users, programmers and people from the outside looking in. How do we want to be percieved and how important is it to each one of us to get more users and programmers using and writing software for MorphOS?

For me, getting more programmers and software is at the very top of my list of (hobby) priorities. Right above improving my own weak programming skills.

Many users and programmers will say that none of this makes any difference (and they might be right).
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »23.02.12 - 21:31