• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    @hooligan,

Quote:

If some people are so childliss they let a couple vocal extremists to guide their actions I can't say I miss them too much in our community.

Besides, lets be realists here. Does it really matter much if ten more people join or not.

If those ten people are programmers, it could make a large difference in a community as small as ours that has a limited amount of new software being written each year.

Some of you appear to think I am criticizing all, or most MorphOS users and asking everyone to change, which is not the case at all.

I am just attempting to change the habits and maybe attitudes of a very small minority of vocal users in our community, because I have first hand knowledge that what they are doing occasionally is having a negative effect on some people that otherwise would be interested in returning and contributing to our community.

Are some OS4.x users too sensitive? Yes, they are. Should these former users and developers ignore the small minority of vocal users who still enjoy stirring up fights between the two PPC system camps and return to participate and contribute, regardless of what is written on some forum? Of course they should!

Are these former users and developers valuable to our community and should we do more to entice them to return? Who knows the answer to that question, they might be.

Are there also trolls on the OS4.x side that attack MorphOS users and the hardware that we use? Yes, there are, but that does not justify the existence of MorphOS using trolls to make it okay to attack OS4.x and its hardware.

Is it okay to compare OS4.x to MorphOS2.x/3.x? Yes, but if you care about the perception of potential MorphOS users, there are good ways to present such comparisons and there are negative ways of doing it that turn many people off, and make them become uninterested in even looking at MorphOS2.x/3.x.

Why would any MorphOS user argue with these ideas and say that it makes no difference, or we don't need those people that are offended? Maybe just one of those people that are offended and walk away from looking at using and possibly developing something for MorphOS2.x/3.x has a great idea for a software project, or the programming skills to provide some needed application, or utility, for MorphOS in the future.

Remember, I am not writing about all, or even most MorphOS users, and even the few MorphOS users that write negative messages about OS4.x might not do it all the time. I am just saying that those negative messages can (and have in the past) have a counter productive effect toward advancing the number of MorphOS users and developers.

@everyone else,

Please don't pick apart my message and try to make it mean something else, just so you can defend some alternate position, or ideas about MorphOS and its users. Remember that MorphOS is my favorite operating system of choice and I have a very high regard for how it works and the roadmap that the MorphOS Dev. Team has followed over the past several years (for as long as I have been involved and interested in it, since before 2.0 was released).

I am on your side! Just because I also chose to support OS4.x by buying an X1000, that does not mean that I am now the enemy. It just means that I like to explore all sides of the remaining Amiga community, and I wanted to own a computer capable of running OS4.x.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »23.02.12 - 16:18