• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    @itix,

I am not blaming MorphOS for anything or making anyone a scapegoat. I like MorphOS and it is my favorite Amiga inspired operating system at this point in time. I actively promote it every chance I get and I have spent a lot on my limited income in promoting MorphOS at the last 4 AmiWest Shows, and by donating free MorphOS computers to new MorphOS developers. I will continue to promote MorphOS, but I will do it in a way that does not require bashing, or bad mouthing any other platform. MorphOS has sufficient merits of its own, enough positive features, for me to point out to potential users, without needing to compare it to OS4.x, or anything else.

I am just trying to make a point that the few MorphOS users who continue to bash, ridicule and belittle, or mock OS4.x users and their hardware are acting in a counter productive manner, if they care about gaining more MorphOS users.

It does not hurt my feelings if anyone wants to make fun of OS4.x, or my X1000. It is just that I think that those kinds of actions reduce the chances of gaining more MorphOS users and developers. Since my main goal is to promote more software development for all Amiga inspired systems, including MorphOS, I am just hoping that some of what I am writing will make sense to some of the users that are doing things which I think hurt my goals, and that they reduce, or stop repeating those actions that I believe are counter productive.

I feel good about my decisions and the reasons behind them, so nothing anyone else says is going to change that and make be regret what I have done. Also, I am not trying to convince anyone else to make the same choices that I have made. The only thing I would like to see, is more users actively helping to find and recruit more developers, and supporting the developers we already have, so we can see more new software created.

That is all, I don't have any other hidden agenda.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »23.02.12 - 09:52