• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Thanks for your concern regarding my back pain. It is something I have been fighting all of my life, ever since I fractured it the first time when I was 15 years old and working lifting a wheel barrow full of rocks, to clear someone property before construction began.

I fractured it a second time lifting a wall, when I was building houses at age 25, but the worst injury was a car accident almost 22 years ago and I have been in pain every day and night since that date.

I had an artificial disc installed in my back in Dec. of 2006, but instead of relieving my pain, it made it worse, and I was forced to retire from working earlier than I wanted at age 51 in July of 2007.

Hopefully I will have better luck with a second back surgery some time this year, and can begin to get back to some kind of normal life. (full time Amiga & MorphOS programmer/promoter 8-) Ha!)

Losing weight is not a problem for me, as I only weigh 185 pounds at a height of 6 feet and 1 inch, so I am not considered over weight for my height. I just need to be able to exercise again, so my weight that has turned muscle into fat around my stomach, can be reversed back to the way I looked 10 years ago. Even with my constant back pain, I was an athlete until my back pain got worse about 8 to 10 years ago and I could no longer participate in any sports. My younger Sister is still competing at age 54 in triathlons and did the Iron Man competition last year in Hawaii. She ran in the Olympics in Los Angeles in 1984, so you can imagine that my family has always been athletic and competitive.

[ Edited by amigadave 22.02.2012 - 21:24 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »23.02.12 - 06:16