• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    @ASiegel,

My comments here are not about only posts made on this forum. This place is much cleaner from abusive posts than most other forum sites and it is a credit to the members here that there is not more OS4.x bashing that goes on here. If I had to choose the worst forum site for fighting right now, I would probably choose Amiga.org, which was my favorite Amiga related site for many years and really my Amiga home on the Internet, until Wayne sold it and it has been going steadily down hill ever since.

What I meant with that 90%+ estimated number, is not that 90%+ of the negative posts come from MorphOS users, but that 90%+ of the negative messages posted by MorphOS users, are made not for pure educational, or statistical purposes. They are made because the few MorphOS users that make most of such negative posts about OS4.x, or the hardware choices available and the prices charged for them, are doing so with motives to harm, ridicule, belittle, or mock, and that those posts are counter productive to growing the MorphOS user base. The people making those posts do not realize the potential harm they are doing and how such posts affect many other potential MorphOS users and/or developers. Some of the most vocal MorphOS users that bash OS4.x and it's hardware just do it out of habit, because it has been going on for so long and for them it is easy to do. For some, it is entertainment. I understand that it is not just MorphOS users that do the bashing and that there are also many original Amiga 68k users and probably several AROS users, maybe some UAE users and MiniMig users, that participate in the OS4.x bashing just as much, or more so than the MorphOS users, but due to past history, more attention is focused on the problem when it is done by the few most vocal MorphOS users, instead of the Amiga 68k users, or anyone else. There are guilty parties on all sides, and in my opinion the number of the worst offenders are actually fairly small and most users of all platforms just want to get along and have the fighting stop.

It is not worth my time or effort to try to prove my estimates are accurate, but I still stand by my statement that only about 10% of the messages posted by MorphOS users, regarding the performance or features (or lack of them) in OS4.x are doing it without any intention to insult, belittle, or embarrass the users and/or developers of OS4.x, or manufacturers of it's hardware. The other 90%+ of the posts made by MorphOS users regarding OS4.x and it's hardware are made with malicious intent of some kind, and those posts are counter productive toward growing the number of MorphOS users and developers, who might otherwise return to one faction, or another of the Amiga community.

If most of the MorphOS users here don't agree with me that the few most vocal OS4.x bashers do so for the reasons that I have outlined above, that is their choice and they can believe what ever they want to believe. I am not going to argue about it with them, or anyone, as it is a waste of time. That is my opinion and my belief that it is hurting the chances of some users and developers wanting to try out MorphOS.

I know of at least one developer who I have communicated with that told me straight out that the fighting has prevented him from wanting to get back into programming for any flavor of the Amiga community.

I am sure that I will continue to try to spread my belief to other MorphOS and OS4.x users, in hopes that the fighting will become less frequent, but for now, I am done preaching in this thread. I think everyone reading my posts can understand what I am trying to convey, and why. For those that don't, or don't want to understand, so it is easier for them to disagree with me, I am not going to spend any more time on this topic at this time. I have bigger problems to concentrate on, like preparing for another back surgery in a few months and fighting with the doctors and insurance companies to get through all of the "Red Tape", to allow the surgery to be scheduled.

[ Edited by amigadave 22.02.2012 - 13:11 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »22.02.12 - 21:51