• Butterfly
    Butterfly
    A couple of comments here regarding some of the hardware discussion I have seen. #1 = screw the X1000 and whatever runs on it.

That said, from a MOS standpoint things are actually real good. After years of hardware starvation we have all of these cheap macs to run things on. Some of which still run quite well. Besides this, MOS itself is really good. The point here is that the MOS developers have made some very shrewd and very good decisions regarding the platform in general (hardware + software). Porting to Mac has to be near the top of that list. A well played game is evident, just look at the last few years of history. With the hardware pressure gone (and all of its politics), great things have been happening.

So regarding any future hardware, it is simply a matter of trusting these MOS developer guys. They are not about to do something sucky. If one wants that then there are other places to go. Things will come to a point quickly with the release of MOS3. Plenty of good fundamental enhancements there and of course the PowerBook. Can it get any better? I mean who gives a **** about an X1000 when one could have a better OS and on a good performing laptop? MOS is an OS for the common folk and developer alike. Well done I say.

The future will be just fine too. Most development has been on 1/2 of the equation. I have no doubt that the MOS developers will start working the other 1/2 at some point. Whatever they do will be good I'm sure whatever hardware platform changes are involved. The last thing they will do is create a mess or problems for us little guys regarding hardware. Right now the approach is great; here is a detailed list of what is fully supported now go out and have a good time. I do not expect this to change and look forward to this OS getting better and better.
  • »05.02.12 - 20:28