• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Jim,
    Quote:

The G5 route would take the least work for the developers.

Well, I know. And to be honest I don't know whether a g5 port would make sense or not. I currently come to the conclusion that it rather doesn't. It's only a delay of the unevitable.
    A switch must come if MorphOS should have a future (of course a renaissance of the PPC could change that, but unfortunately that is unlikely to happen during the next few years). The G4 machines are already providing us a cheap and quite powerful hardware basis, the laptop will be the icing on top of that. Once the Powerbook version is out it will be the best timing to start the long period of working on the big cut.

In an ideal world I would of course also like to see G5 support, too. A G5 port is tempting, since these are nice machines of course and offer a pretty good price/performance ratio and half the work is done already with the recent PowerMac ports. But development resources are limited. Eventually the only ones who can judge wether the work to do the G5 port is reasonable is the MorphOS team.
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »05.02.12 - 00:47
    Profile Visit Website