• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    My hope for future ports of MorphOS are that they finish the G4 PowerBook port soon and then complete the support of the last and fastest Mac PPC computers by doing the G5 port.

After that is done, I hope the MorphOS Dev. Team merges with AROS completely and moves us to x86 & ARM with a free version of MorphOS as a branch of the AROS project.

I have no idea how much longer MorphOS3.0 will take to give us PowerBook support, or how long after that it would take to support a few of the G5 computers, but I am hoping that support for the G5 will actually take less time than the PowerBook support did, as we can use some already supported components from G4 PowerMac's in the G5 PowerMac, until support of the onboard components of the G5 systems is completed. Sort of like how Hyperion has released the First Contact X1000's with already supported sound and Ethernet cards, while they finish the work to support the onboard sound and Ethernet components.

Merging with AROS to move to x86 & ARM just seems to be a natural progression to me.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »04.02.12 - 21:22